Noles lose by 60 to UGA, decide not to hang NC banner

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So Bobby orchestrated the initial move to the ACC, pushing aside the chance to join the SEC, because it was “an easier path to the NC,” which proved to be the case…initially. The 4 team playoff format didn’t work as well for them, however. Preseason this year, the Noles were actively trying to disaffiliate with the ACC, but a pesky buy-out that was also pretty hefty in the face of two big hits to athletic finances (Jimbo’s facility upgrades costs and the Willie Taggart buyout) made anything short of a negotiated lowered buyout a “not gonna happen event,” which it proved to be. In the interim, the ACC was slighted (Noles, Clemson too good for such a weak conference). Enter the 13-0 Noles before the playoff committee, minus starting QB and having struggled in their last 3 games, AND the chair of the playoff committee being the ACC member NC St AD…result: Noles on the outside looking in…

View attachment 65659

The proverbial female dog that is Karma bites another victim squarely in the arse. It would only enhance my personal pleasure if they do litigate and make even bigger @sses of themselves and their program. “Lay on, McDuff…!”

You pointed out a piece of this that has not been acknowledged properly and that is the fact that the committee chair is from NC State and its pretty clear that he did little to support FSU most likely due to them airing dirty laundry in public and embarrassing the ACC.

Playoff dreams crushed by one of your own.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You pointed out a piece of this that has not been acknowledged properly and that is the fact that the committee chair is from NC State and its pretty clear that he did little to support FSU most likely due to them airing dirty laundry in public and embarrassing the ACC.

Playoff dreams crushed by one of your own.
amused jaw drop GIF

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It isn't coerced, of course, and ESPN isn't the issue. We are talking about the "assignment of rights" to ACC about which they are suing.

ACC could have easily gone back to ESPN to renegotiate like others have done, including Big 12.

I honestly don't know what the ACC is doing. They are running that ship aground. Id attack more their actions (inactions really) as not faithfully working in the best interest of the schools in the ACC.

The suit isn't happening in a vacuum. The ESPN deal and extension are key causal links. FSU and others have complained for some time and yet weren't able to move the conference to renegotiate. FSU and Clemson are backed into a corner, $30m short per year of being able to compete financially with the big boys. Suing over its rights in Florida is its answer, albeit a weak one in my mind.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Quick story, I was badgering my F$U buddy at work the other day, and we are talking about basketball. He is a big NC fan, hates Duke. He was saying that it was so sweet to see NC embarrass Duke twice in the same year, at Dukes place/final four game and it being Coach Kunts last year as the cherry on top. He says "the only way it way it could have gotten any better, is if they beat them in the National Championship game, that is the ultimate dig over a rival that can never be topped".

A big grin started to form and I said "what did you just say?".

larry hogan wwe GIF

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
So Bobby orchestrated the initial move to the ACC, pushing aside the chance to join the SEC, because it was “an easier path to the NC,” which proved to be the case…initially. The 4 team playoff format didn’t work as well for them, however. Preseason this year, the Noles were actively trying to disaffiliate with the ACC, but a pesky buy-out that was also pretty hefty in the face of two big hits to athletic finances (Jimbo’s facility upgrades costs and the Willie Taggart buyout) made anything short of a negotiated lowered buyout a “not gonna happen event,” which it proved to be. In the interim, the ACC was slighted (Noles, Clemson too good for such a weak conference). Enter the 13-0 Noles before the playoff committee, minus starting QB and having struggled in their last 3 games, AND the chair of the playoff committee being the ACC member NC St AD…result: Noles on the outside looking in…

View attachment 65659

The proverbial female dog that is Karma bites another victim squarely in the arse. It would only enhance my personal pleasure if they do litigate and make even bigger @sses of themselves and their program. “Lay on, McDuff…!”

I agree that Bobby had no intention of joining the SEC! I was living in Tally at the time and "rumor" at that time was that he only wanted the SEC to make an offer so he could embarrass our conference with his rejection. I hope the SEC committee remembers that!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like this guy.

Hard to agree with what he says regarding "[t]here has not been a reputable member of the legal profession that has found a loophole." Apparently ACC keeps the contract under lock and key and no one even has a copy of it. Im not even sure how anyone would review it. That is super weird by the way. I've never even heard of parties not getting a copy of a contract before to review, and leaving with a copy of the executed contract.

If it was so ironclad, I doubt they'd be so afraid to even let anyone read it.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Hard to agree with what he says regarding "[t]here has not been a reputable member of the legal profession that has found a loophole." Apparently ACC keeps the contract under lock and key and no one even has a copy of it. Im not even sure how anyone would review it. That is super weird by the way. I've never even heard of parties not getting a copy of a contract before to review, and leaving with a copy of the executed contract.

If it was so ironclad, I doubt they'd be so afraid to even let anyone read it.
I heard it is kept in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnall's front porch.

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
So, it seems that the Semenhole’s strategy is to go scorched earth and hope that by being the biggest bunch of complainers and whiners in the conference –which comes naturally — the rest of the ACC schools will throw their hands up in the air and just want them gone. And their opening salvo is to trash the new additions to the conference (Cal, Stanford and SMU) before they have even played their first game. It’s a winning strategy in politics, and not the worst idea in the world since there is no way they will be able to cobble together the exit fee from boosters. Also, don’t forget the politicos in Tallycrappy are always present to put their fingers on the scale with the hopes that the Nulls don’t get left in the gutter. If the Criminoles ever manage to get out of the conference, the politicians in Tally will do everything in their power (which is hopefully little) to get the Nulls into the SEC first, and the Big 10 second.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They can want in one hand and you know what in the other.

There is nothing that they can do about this year, at all. So they are going to invest all this time and money when we're moving to a 12 team playoff next year. These Clowns (literally) are nothing more than having a tantrum about being left out. Part of the issue is they agreed to a weak ass conference, poorly written contract (on the teams part), and not going for the $$$ when they had the chance. The SEC is not going to take them, B10 maybe. Not sure what the Big 12's take would be after losing OU and Texas. I think in the end they are going to watse a lot of time and money for something they cannot fix this years and with the turnover on their team they may not even be a part of next year.

Watching their misery is absolutely wonderful.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members