Not another facilities thread

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with you. But, kids are pampered these days and look for this kind of crap.

Plus, how many kids can do this?

clpBNm12TVh4QlEx_o_rocky-iv-4-training-montage-in-high-definition-hd-wow.jpg

Or this

rocky4loft.JPG
They all could if that's how we trained them...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think the facility upgrade planning is already being done. Foley has talked about a Master Plan for facilities and getting football its own space. They just need to get through the plans and build it.

We do have a brand new academic center which is a start. Getting locker room upgrades, player lounge, etc... will be key.

Zero reason that Kentucky has this and we don't. Zero. None. It's disturbing in fact. There's no excuse either.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How is it being ruined? It's more popular than ever.

It is more popular at the moment but you can see it beginning to slip away.
You now have programs paying mercenary coaches ungodly sums of money to do everything other than graduate players and keep them out of the local news and administrators slobbering over 18 year old entitled idiots that demand to be treated like adults and catered to like kings and yet they can't seem to go to class and keep from getting in trouble with the law.

We are already paying the players a "stipend" (Stipend is defined as money paid to student athletes to cover the costs of going to college that scholarships and tens of thousands of dollars in federal grant money apparently don't pay for) and only a few years away from truly paying the players and that will officially mark the beginning of the end.

I am soaking up every minute each fall because it is obvious to me that we will soon look back and call these the good ole days.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Zero reason that Kentucky has this and we don't. Zero. None. It's disturbing in fact. There's no excuse either.

Your right... we are behind on facilities, but we can't snap our fingers and have some pop up. They are working on a plan to improve facilities and get football it's own building. That is the first step... figure out where to put it... how to do it, how to upgrade the locker room and find a location where this new building is close to the practice fields, etc... That is all part of the Master Plan Foley has talked about.

The problem is that this stuff takes time and while we are working to bridge the gap, the gap will exist until the bridge is built.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
We're not getting in an arms race. We're Florida damnit. Kids will come here no matter what!
It sure looks that way based on our last two classes. Two 5*, Twelve 4*, and Thirty-Two 3* players. You know after reading your quote again you are correct kids will come here no matter what. The problem is its the middle of the pack kids who need a year or two to develope and not the truly gifted ones who can come in and make an impact their 1st season. Those players are choosing our rivals instead of us, wonder why look no further than our HC who is a mediocre recruiter.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I am soaking up every minute each fall because it is obvious to me that we will soon look back and call these the good ole days.
I wish I had soaked up those days in 2008 more. That's the last time we had a football team worth a ****.

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
I agree a person should want to be at Florida because its Florida. I am also of the thinking if you don't want to sweat, bleed and breathe orange and blue I am not really interested.
But the facility age is getting noticed. Anonymous recruit to SDS "The worst thing is that everything is so old. All the facilities look really old. The campus is nice and all, but it’s getting dated.”
I literally live 10 minutes from Clemson's stadium. They have an indoor practice facility about 2 years old and a facility being built right now that is nothing but a play center for players including having a barber shop, laser tag, bowling alley etc its about as big as their indoor practice facility. They upgraded their baseball stadium and did a complete overhaul of the basketball arena which will be done this summer. The local radio host said he interviewed several recruits that Dabo pulled out of Florida and he said facilities was one of the reasons they picked Clemson over UF. I also like to think giving them an Xbox had something to do with it.

I have faith we will make the right hire to make this happen. We are sixth in college athletic revenue right now with the 15th highest football revenue. We are making some money lets see how we use it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't know if this is applicable, but CFB's standard popularity fills UK's stadium, while UK's
excellent basketball tradition fills that arena - probably at amazingly high priced tickets.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Don't know if this is applicable, but CFB's standard popularity fills UK's stadium, while UK's
excellent basketball tradition fills that arena - probably at amazingly high priced tickets.

Let's all keep in mind that our AD has taken great pride in the fact that he has given millions of dollars to the university over the years in unused funds from athletics.
Meanwhile all of our rivals have been spending this money on facilities to get an advantage on us. I am hoping that the new AD sees the stupidity in trying to be an athletic program of the old days and decides to fight the good fight instead.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Your right... we are behind on facilities, but we can't snap our fingers and have some pop up. They are working on a plan to improve facilities and get football it's own building. That is the first step... figure out where to put it... how to do it, how to upgrade the locker room and find a location where this new building is close to the practice fields, etc... That is all part of the Master Plan Foley has talked about.

The problem is that this stuff takes time and while we are working to bridge the gap, the gap will exist until the bridge is built.

Great! No one said to snap their fingers. But it's hard not to blame the greatest AD of all-time of letting us fall so far behind.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My take is not an anti-upgrade stance per say, but avoid supporting yearly plans to build the next section of a Hugh Hefner Sky Villa, Palms Resort. At that point, we're coddling kids in big bodies and being stupid adults... with all that is going on in the world. Just saying.
:thug:
:bananarope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.