article-2280450-17A6D1BF000005DC-874_634x423.jpg

Some of you need a dose of reality.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just curious to know, how many of you guys are season ticket holders and how much more are you willing to pay per year for barber shops and 24/7 chocolate fountains? Because I just got an email from the ticket office begging me to upgrade my tickets and buy extra tickets. Seem to be a lot of them available.

If you're not a ticket holder, how much are you planning to donate?

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
Divits Its funny you ask that because I was thinking the same thing although I live two states away and season tickets dont do me any good but you can donate without buying tickets if people didn't know that here at http://www.gatorboosters.org. $100 dollar minimum. However I prefer the Ole Miss style of back alley handshakes with recruits type of support and the prostitute filled dorms of Louisville. What could go wrong.

However at the same time I think we are the 6th on the list of revenue producing universities and we have been top 10 for many years and must have some sort of major donor support. I will tell you this Clemson got that money from the AD asking wealthy donors to open their pocketbooks and they did I'm not sure if Foley has with the exception of the Heavener Complex.

I think things are changing since Foley said Facilities is a top priority but will it be for the next guy we will see. We have done major upgrades to the stadium and concourse but not much into things players actually come in contact with day to day. But to be honest a lot of these kids are very materialistic and it matters to them but like Foley said “As you look around our facilities, we’re not into bells and whistles,”. Here is an article from 2014 about facilities at UF. I agree with his assessment on making changes that help the product on the field which some may argue laser tag can do that.http://www.onlygators.com/11/18/201...etting-into-an-arms-race-with-our-facilities/

Q: Which school disappointed you the most during recruiting?

A: Probably Florida, honestly.

Q: Why’s that?

A: Just going through their past history and stuff, I thought they would’ve had a nicer indoor earlier on, and their weight room is shared by all sports. They don’t have just a football weight room.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Divits Its funny you ask that because I was thinking the same thing although I live two states away and season tickets dont do me any good but you can donate without buying tickets if people didn't know that here at http://www.gatorboosters.org. $100 dollar minimum. However I prefer the Ole Miss style of back alley handshakes with recruits type of support and the prostitute filled dorms of Louisville. What could go wrong.

However at the same time I think we are the 6th on the list of revenue producing universities and we have been top 10 for many years and must have some sort of major donor support. I will tell you this Clemson got that money from the AD asking wealthy donors to open their pocketbooks and they did I'm not sure if Foley has with the exception of the Heavener Complex.

I think things are changing since Foley said Facilities is a top priority but will it be for the next guy we will see. We have done major upgrades to the stadium and concourse but not much into things players actually come in contact with day to day. But to be honest a lot of these kids are very materialistic and it matters to them but like Foley said “As you look around our facilities, we’re not into bells and whistles,”. Here is an article from 2014 about facilities at UF. I agree with his assessment on making changes that help the product on the field which some may argue laser tag can do that.http://www.onlygators.com/11/18/201...etting-into-an-arms-race-with-our-facilities/

Q: Which school disappointed you the most during recruiting?

A: Probably Florida, honestly.

Q: Why’s that?

A: Just going through their past history and stuff, I thought they would’ve had a nicer indoor earlier on, and their weight room is shared by all sports. They don’t have just a football weight room.
I'm a believer that it's all about coaching and recruiting not facilities. SOS did it when we didn't have facilities as did Zook, Urban and even the worse coach in UF history Muschamp was able to do it up until he everyone knew he was going to be fired. This is why Mac worries me so much, I'm not saying he can not coach at all but I in no way think he's good enough of a coach to take a team with around 65% of a team being 3* players or worse and competing against coaches better than him with 75% 4 & 5* players. Will he be good enough to win a few of those games like a Dan Mullen sure but will Dan Mullen ever have his team competing year in year out to be in the playoffs no he will only have his team competing for West titles ever 3-4 years when he's able to develop his 3* talent. And that's the fear I have right now watching Mac recruit.

All I keep hearing is just wait till the offense shows up kids will line up. They lined up for Muschamp and his offense never ever looked good. Hell Muschamp was able to pull 3 elite Qb's during his stint and he was a bumb. Mac is supposed to be a qb guru and he's being out recruited by a 1st year hc who has already pulled 2 Qb who rank inside the top 3 at their position. It's the staff as a whole there is not one elite recruiter on the staff and that's hurting us with pulling talent not facilities.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a believer that it's all about coaching and recruiting not facilities. SOS did it when we didn't have facilities as did Zook, Urban and even the worse coach in UF history Muschamp was able to do it up until he everyone knew he was going to be fired. This is why Mac worries me so much, I'm not saying he can not coach at all but I in no way think he's good enough of a coach to take a team with around 65% of a team being 3* players or worse and competing against coaches better than him with 75% 4 & 5* players. Will he be good enough to win a few of those games like a Dan Mullen sure but will Dan Mullen ever have his team competing year in year out to be in the playoffs no he will only have his team competing for West titles ever 3-4 years when he's able to develop his 3* talent. And that's the fear I have right now watching Mac recruit.

All I keep hearing is just wait till the offense shows up kids will line up. They lined up for Muschamp and his offense never ever looked good. Hell Muschamp was able to pull 3 elite Qb's during his stint and he was a bumb. Mac is supposed to be a qb guru and he's being out recruited by a 1st year hc who has already pulled 2 Qb who rank inside the top 3 at their position. It's the staff as a whole there is not one elite recruiter on the staff and that's hurting us with pulling talent not facilities.
Please explain what "elite" QBs Muschamp brought in.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If you're not a ticket holder, how much are you planning to donate?
Sorry, but the problem isn't revenue. We've been swimming in revenue, though Fooley managed to make it flatten the last six years. Hell, we have enough money to pay Fooley three times what Bammer plays its AD and for Fooley to brag about sending millions back to general revenue.

The problem was always the lack of vision by the horsetoothed bastard holding the purse. It has been a point of pride with him. He brags about not spending money on facilities. He never has spent money. We have been basically stuck in 1992.

Last edited:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Sorry, but the problem isn't revenue. We've been swimming in revenue, though Fooley managed to make it flatten the last six years. Hell, we have enough money to pay Fooley three times what Bammer plays its AD and for Fooley to brag about sending millions back to general revenue.

The problem was always the lack of vision by the horsetoothed bastard holding the purse. It has been a point of pride with him. He brags about not spending money on facilities. He never has spent money. We have been basically stuck in 1992.

I think you must loose the majority of your cases. Your really miserable.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Back to Kentucky ... think about the super-wealthy alumni in the NBA.?? thanks to their Calipari program.
So could this facility be for the basketball players too?.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The facilities were upgraded in the mid 00's (they were beautiful). So there has been money spent, the change in the complete culture of College Athletics has changed in the last decade, which Foley was behind on. Saban changed how to recruit, and the AAU was behind on it (not just Foley). There a lot of older structures that were remodeled. So lets not pretend that money was never spent, because if you look at the facilities in 1992 (which I was in a lot at the time) through now there have been massive changes. It's the last decade where Foley and others complete missed the changing tide.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Great! No one said to snap their fingers. But it's hard not to blame the greatest AD of all-time of letting us fall so far behind.

Your right... it was one of his biggest mistakes. Do we need to bring it up in every thread about facilities or can we move forward now and recognize they are working to fix this?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Back to Kentucky ... think about the super-wealthy alumni in the NBA.?? thanks to their Calipari program.
So could this facility be for the basketball players too?.
Their football program brings in more money. I think.

Rentmoneygawd

Jan 14, 2016

LOL... come on man

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Yeah, we could call it a satellite camp which would be permissible under NCAA rules. We might even find a couple of tough Ruskies we could offer scholarships to play on our line.

I'd stay away from recruiting Putin's henchmen. They're all on the roids, and we don't need another Grier situation.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well done: Gatorade has a juice bar there.

Their hair-salon looks like the guys are already loving their pampered doos.
I was especially impressed by their humongous water-slide and circuitous roller-coaster !
I'm guessing that wild animal park is for the players' kids and baby mommas?
When will they have time for football stuff ?
What's UKs gradjashun % ?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Rinse, wash, repeat. Every post is exactly the same with this guy.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Your right... it was one of his biggest mistakes. Do we need to bring it up in every thread about facilities or can we move forward now and recognize they are working to fix this?

No. It will need to be brought up early and often...the more the better...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Their football program brings in more money. I think.

T-gator is absolutely correct. Your post spurred me to research.
Football is the most profitable sports program at every school.
Basketball programs $profits look like this:
Indiana = 8.2 mil$ a 54.3% profit on costs.
OSU = 11.4 mil$ a 70.9% profit on costs.
NC State = 7.1 mil$ a 63.7% profit on costs.
U Tenn = 7.1 mil$ a 56.5% profit on costs.
UF = 1.9 mil$ a 19% profit on costs.
UK = 6.15 mil$ a 41.7%
U of Louisville = 16 mil$ a 66% profit on costs.
What's with the differences in % of profits.
Oh yeah, the U of Texas reported their program costing the exact same odd dollars as they
took in. (smells CPA crooked)?

Across the nation football and basketball are the only two profitiball sports.
Our other 20 sports programs lose a total of 11.6 mil$.

UF is 6th in the nation in revenue produced by sports programs.

A State of Florida comparison in 2012:
UF = 49 mil$
FSU = 19.7 mil$
UM = 5.3 mil$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member