Nuss gets raise.....and two year extension

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014
Keep him in the fold of what? He has been fired from his last two jobs and is Mr 116th? Who the fvkk do you think wants that pile of shyt???? You really think he is going to get hired away?
Donk - take a chill pill before you stroke out dude. To keep our 5* in the fold, you know, the guy who is a lightning rod for our recruiting and future success.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
giphy.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
While the fact that he's still drawing a paycheck is insane, I'm not sure he actually got a raise. It sounds like he had a contract that paid fairly low for the OC at UF because he was still getting buyout money from Michigan. Once his buyout ended, his compensation from UF would make up the difference and get him in line with what should be paid for the position.

Or maybe I'm just trying to find any reason why this could happen. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I suspect that the Nuss "raise" was part of the original package i.e. we guaranteed him ~$800k (what he was making at Meatchicken) with $300k coming from Meatchicken the first two years. Now we make up the difference. He's worth about $1.50 but next year he'll make about the same as he was paid in 2014. He was paid $681K at 'bama.
Didn't get this far before I posted. It's the only logical explanation.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
While the fact that he's still drawing a paycheck is insane, I'm not sure he actually got a raise. It sounds like he had a contract that paid fairly low for the OC at UF because he was still getting buyout money from Michigan. Once his buyout ended, his compensation from UF would make up the difference and get him in line with what should be paid for the position.

Or maybe I'm just trying to find any reason why this could happen. :lol:
i think you are right on the money, but the extension was unexpected. This was to be his last year on contract...not sure why they call it a two year extension, this year was already included, it is really only 1 extra year on contract

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe this shcit! 800k to be the worst oc in the country. Pound for pound he's the worst in the business.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
As we struggle for sanity to this:
Rumph got an extension through 2019. I believe Shannon's extension is through 2019 also. The rest are "only" through 2018. I think it's common for assistants to be guaranteed at least a year past the current season (is there anyway to verify that?). So everybody gets an extension and we just have to eat it on Nuss if we fire him next year :dunno:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As we struggle for sanity to this:
Rumph got an extension through 2019. I believe Shannon's extension is through 2019 also. The rest are "only" through 2018. I think it's common for assistants to be guaranteed at least a year past the current season (is there anyway to verify that?). So everybody gets an extension and we just have to eat it on Nuss if we fire him next year :dunno:
Yeah, it's pretty common to have at least one extra year for recruiting purposes, if nothing else. It's why you typically see all HCs with 4 more years on their contracts even if on the hot seat.

That said, he still shouldn't be drawing a paycheck from any college in the country,

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nusschump will be lucky to get a QA job at North East New Mexico State when he is done here. He makes Brent Peace seem competent by comparison.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't get this far before I posted. It's the only logical explanation.
There is nothing logical about that explanation.

If you're the worst in the fvkking country you should get paid the worst. You should be lucky that your ignorant donkey toothed boss begged for you to stay. His salary SHOULD HAVE BEEN cut if he was lucky enough to be kept for some inexplicable reason.

That's ok. The best part about decisions like this (or keeping Chimp in 2013) is that they are self correcting and get the people who made the decision fired very soon.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nusschump will be lucky to get a QA job at North East New Mexico State when he is done here. He makes Brent Peace seem competent by comparison.
He'll land a coaching job. Don't have any idea why, but it'll happen.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier's base pay jumped from $525,000 to $842,725. However, despite making just $525,000 from Florida in 2016, Nussmeier also collected $300,000 from Michigan as part of his buyout from head coach Brady Hoke and his staff being fired by the Wolverines in December 2014.
Nussmeier received a two-year extension, taking his contract through the 2018 season.

Stricklin is out of his mind. Now we get to pay this assclown more money when we fire him after yet another unproductive season.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Threat and mjm have hit on the reason, it's surly not a merit based raise.

* Swdonky is out of control again....... It's just a game buddy....

:bananadance2::bananadance2::bananadance2::bananadance2:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
He has coached an offense with an offensive line that was just ........offensive. Not his fault No Qb that we could discern (unless you count that meteor we lost as soon as we got excited). And he had to compete against the SEC and fsu.........arguably murderers row. You coach with a under recruited OL and lousy QBs. He beat rivals. And won the east twice with this offense and a lot of defense. AN offense ranked 116 or whatever you have on speed dial I see here at least once a day. He has a contract for this year and next. WE have some players coming in now to give us hope and these are his guys...............his raise aint gonna break the bank. Go have a strong drink and come in off the ledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator