Offensive game plan for Tenn game?

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I would expect us to open with a pass, possibly even the deep ball if its there. I expect a lot of physical runs up the gut wearing on them. JD will run at least 6 times for a net of big yardage. If we can get pressure on Worley we can win this one

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The plan is to have more points than the other team at the end of the game.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n65792 said:
I am just nervous Tenn will stack the box unless we hit the early deep stuff unlike previous weeks and Muschamp will be so stubborn he will just keep thinking we can do what Georgia did to them in the 2nd half with Gurley but I don't think we are capable of doing that like Georgia did. Tenn actually held up pretty good against Oklahoma's running game which is better than ours imo.
teams have been stacking the box on us for years...they are going to try and make us throw the ball to win. Regardless though we should still be able to run on them

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n66024 said:
The plan is to have more points than the other team at the end of the game.

Sas is not going to be happy with you.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Go to what worked in the past. What worked in the past? Blind luck is not a plan.
What plan could we have. Run, short pass....run?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n66077 said:
Go to what worked in the past. What worked in the past? Blind luck is not a plan.
What plan could we have. Run, short pass....run?

Bring back the ole Jumbo Package

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n65792 said:
I am just nervous Tenn will stack the box unless we hit the early deep stuff unlike previous weeks and Muschamp will be so stubborn he will just keep thinking we can do what Georgia did to them in the 2nd half with Gurley but I don't think we are capable of doing that like Georgia did. Tenn actually held up pretty good against Oklahoma's running game which is better than ours imo.

Tennesse will stuff the box until we prove to beat them through the air. Driskel needs to hit something more than 10 yards to open it up.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
As long as we throw the ball ball more than 10 yards I will at least know that we care.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
WM is still the head coach, right? I am sure the game plane will be offensive!:angry:

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n66011 said:
I would expect us to open with a pass, possibly even the deep ball if its there. I expect a lot of physical runs up the gut wearing on them. JD will run at least 6 times for a net of big yardage. If we can get pressure on Worley we can win this one

While Gurley is certainly one of the top 5 RBs in the country, even UGA's 2nd and 3rd RBs were getting chunks of yardage on Tennessee's young D-Line. While a lot on this thread seem to think that run, run, run is a bad idea (or "more of the same," or, a joke), it might not be a bad idea after all. However, if JD gets the pass protection he got at Bama (was never sacked), he should have some time to throw - he's got to hit his targets, regardless of whatever type of passing play is called.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n66142 said:
While Gurley is certainly one of the top 5 RBs in the country, even UGA's 2nd and 3rd RBs were getting chunks of yardage on Tennessee's young D-Line. While a lot on this thread seem to think that run, run, run is a bad idea (or "more of the same," or, a joke), it might not be a bad idea after all. However, if JD gets the pass protection he got at Bama (was never sacked), he should have some time to throw - he's got to hit his targets, regardless of whatever type of passing play is called.

I don't think they were. I only remember one good run from the backups watching the replay.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n66147 said:
I don't think they were. I only remember one good run from the backups watching the replay.

There were a few, but they were not the dynamic runs like from Gurley. The game was different when Gurley was in the game, but he is a different talent.

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n65985 said:
I have it on good authority that we're just going to punt on first down every series. The ultimate f*ck you to the fans.

You - have a potty mouth.

PottyMouth%252520Soap_thumb%25255B10%25255D.jpg

F18Bundy

Founding Member
No Carbs Please
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n65797 said:
Run, run, run, punt. Then run, run, run, punt. Then run, run, screen pass, punt. Repeat.
The last ride of Big Dumb Will Muschump 80s Dawg Ball.

You left out run, run, sack & sack, sack, pick-six.

large_rdu_IMG_5903_copy.jpg

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n65783 said:
More Muschamp ball coming. Run, run, pass, punt.

It cracks me up how many people think all we do is run the ball. On the year: 119 passing attempts, 116 rushing. Against Bama: 28 passing attempts, 27 rushing. Our passing game has sucked because the guy doing the passing has sucked.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
GatorInKnox;n66270 said:
It cracks me up how many people think all we do is run the ball. On the year: 119 passing attempts, 116 rushing. Against Bama: 28 passing attempts, 27 rushing. Our passing game has sucked because the guy doing the passing has sucked.

You know the crowd. They're never going to let facts stand in the way of a good bash.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n66270 said:

There is a ton of those 2 yard passes to the flats in that number and Muschamp did just what he said he would do against Bama from halftime on. Ran conservative run plays quite a bit and then we were forced to throw downfield to try to do something even though it was ineffective once we got behind by so much.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n66338 said:
There is a ton of those 2 yard passes to the flats in that number and Muschamp did just what he said he would do against Bama from halftime on. Ran conservative run plays quite a bit and then we were forced to throw downfield to try to do something even though it was ineffective once we got behind by so much.

A two yard pass is still a pass. The playcalling has been more balanced this year.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n66339 said:
A two yard pass is still a pass. The playcalling has been more balanced this year.

Much more balanced. You really can't argue with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator