Offensive game plan for Tenn game?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n66339 said:
A two yard pass is still a pass. The playcalling has been more balanced this year.

Heck when the announcers talk about it they usually refer to it as an extension of the running game in reality. When talking about Tenn they were saying don't just look at their low rushing numbers because they use those to offset that. Its not the same as a mainly downfield passing team being 50/50 on the run and pass.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n66342 said:
Heck when the announcers talk about it they usually refer to it as an extension of the running game in reality. When talking about Tenn they were saying don't just look at their low rushing numbers because they use those to offset that. Its not the same as a mainly downfield passing team being 50/50 on the run and pass.

Never said it was the same as a downfield passing game. Just that it is a pass and counts as a pass. The whole point is to put playmakers in space, I don't care if that comes from a two yard pass or a 20 yard pass. Just be a positive play,

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Not all 2 yard passes are created equal. Some our extended handoffs. Others are dictated by coverage taking away the other options in the passing concept.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n66343 said:
Never said it was the same as a downfield passing game. Just that it is a pass and counts as a pass. The whole point is to put playmakers in space, I don't care if that comes from a two yard pass or a 20 yard pass. Just be a positive play,

I understand that in this offense but it doesn't seem to be working too well since the EM game. I bet Muschamp likes it since it is a safer play however.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n66270 said:
It cracks me up how many people think all we do is run the ball. On the year: 119 passing attempts, 116 rushing. Against Bama: 28 passing attempts, 27 rushing. Our passing game has sucked because the guy doing the passing has sucked.

No one is saying we HAVE been running Dumpchump Dawg Ball. We are saying Chump is in a blind panic and he will revert to Dawg Ball.

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Our best offensive strategy would for Mush Dog to leave the stadium whenever we have the ball.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n66270 said:
It cracks me up how many people think all we do is run the ball. On the year: 119 passing attempts, 116 rushing. Against Bama: 28 passing attempts, 27 rushing. Our passing game has sucked because the guy doing the passing has sucked.

Overall we have been balanced in our playcalling, and while it has improved some, we have a tremendous amount of predictability of when we are going to run/pass. It going gets worse as we get deeper into a game.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
G 2;n66466 said:
Overall we have been balanced in our playcalling, and while it has improved some, we have a tremendous amount of predictability of when we are going to run/pass. It going gets worse as we get deeper into a game.

Change your AV back!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n66731 said:
I'm quite sure that our gameplan will be offensive.

Biggator6 in da house!!!!

Glad you are here, 6.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
When you have a QB like Driskel, I think the only thing you can do is call plays in such a way as to limit his chances of f***ing things up. That probably means they will be a bit more conservative.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n67062 said:

Glad you are here, 6.
Now get an avatar before Ox notices.

He's been grumpy lately because he stole our comments and boobs.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n67062 said:

Glad you are here, 6.

Look on page 2... Mentioned already

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
crapshoot.jpg

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
In the late 90's this game meant something....my boss was a Vol and he always said if he had known I was a Gator he would not have hired me (false,it was on my resume).

Anyway, I suppose it is just the normal ebb and flow of college football that the once mighty power houses of the SEC E are now replaced by the SEC W. I still hope I get to see the turnaround, though, maybe by 2020?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
DeltaGlamma;n67180 said:
In the late 90's this game meant something....my boss was a Vol and he always said if he had known I was a Gator he would not have hired me (false,it was on my resume).

Anyway, I suppose it is just the normal ebb and flow of college football that the once mighty power houses of the SEC E are now replaced by the SEC W. I still hope I get to see the turnaround, though, maybe by 2020?
If we're lucky

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
If Wm had to sit on the bench while we are on offense, it would be interesting
to see what would happen. And take his head set off.

That would also get us use to him not being there. Like what is going to happen within
the next couple of weeks.

He knows his job is on the line and you can bet he will call a very conservative
game. It's hard for him to take any kind of chance.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n67194 said:
If Wm had to sit on the bench while we are on offense, it would be interesting
to see what would happen. And take his head set off.

That would also get us use to him not being there. Like what is going to happen within
the next couple of weeks.

He knows his job is on the line and you can bet he will call a very conservative
game. It's hard for him to take any kind of chance.

This is funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.