***Official Florida Football coaching hires 2017***

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It's like ground hog day. I feel like I heard this the last time we hired a cheapazz directional school DB coach. Remember when they were pimping Kirk Callahan was the recruiting mofo who was going to set things straight and lockdown the bay? Good times.
i don't really remember anyone other than self loving gator "insiders" or know it alls jerking the Kirk hire. Those types talked the rest of us into believing it.

The love for bell is coming from all over. Going straight to the deep end doesn't help anyone. Let's just see what happens. If this offense doesn't get fixed it won't make a damn difference who he hires

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
Wow, all the venters got smacked down on NSD, so they're doubling down on hating new coaches they know very little about. Anyone who has 1st or 2d hand knowledge of how these guys coach, lay it on us. Otherwise u r just whining like u did on recruiting.

Hating on a guy bc he's a strong recruiter in South FL and Shannon is too? How ridiculous is that? Bell was a high school coach at 2 Miami schools, 3 yrs at UM, then our beloved C. Strong hires him as Recruiting coordinator. Too many great recruiters in the most talent rich area in the world? Are these the same posters who want the staff to start earlier and stay in touch with recruits more often?

Davis was an OL at Oklahoma, played 3 yrs for Bob Stoops, won a NC, and was Most Valuable OL as a senior. Since 2009 he's coached 13 all-conference OL and 1 all-America. Weren't there more than a few rants here about Summers' inability to recruit bc he was too old to relate to HS players? How do u think Davis might do on that since he's 36 years old?

Guys, how about waiting long enough to determine if a guy can coach or how players react to him before you start with the Chicken Little impersonations?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Sieder will recruit the Northern and interior of the SE Florida corridor, and Bell the Southern. I'd guess Shannon will recruit less. No thoughts on where he'll recruit. Makes no sense to have 3 guys down there full time

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, all the venters got smacked down on NSD, so they're doubling down on hating new coaches they know very little about. Anyone who has 1st or 2d hand knowledge of how these guys coach, lay it on us. Otherwise u r just whining like u did on recruiting.

Hating on a guy bc he's a strong recruiter in South FL and Shannon is too? How ridiculous is that? Bell was a high school coach at 2 Miami schools, 3 yrs at UM, then our beloved C. Strong hires him as Recruiting coordinator. Too many great recruiters in the most talent rich area in the world? Are these the same posters who want the staff to start earlier and stay in touch with recruits more often?

Davis was an OL at Oklahoma, played 3 yrs for Bob Stoops, won a NC, and was Most Valuable OL as a senior. Since 2009 he's coached 13 all-conference OL and 1 all-America. Weren't there more than a few rants here about Summers' inability to recruit bc he was too old to relate to HS players? How do u think Davis might do on that since he's 36 years old?

Guys, how about waiting long enough to determine if a guy can coach or how players react to him before you start with the Chicken Little impersonations?

I think most are okay with Bell, but please don't spin Davis. He's a cheap hire from North Texas. This is an underwhelming hire, and I THINK points to us having one more real hire coming.

All this talk about NFL coaches banging at the door and then hiring a coach from North Texas is truly hilarious.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Or maybe we just went cheap lol

Looks like El Cheapo to me

th

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Football Outsiders analise 9 different stats on the OL. In 2016, North Texas was ranked 100 or higher in 6 of them
I refuse to believe that this guy will be our OL coach. He has to be replacing Nord in some capacity.

We will make a better hire than this. We will! (If I say it enough and with conviction, it'll happen, right?)

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think most are okay with Bell, but please don't spin Davis. He's a cheap hire from North Texas. This is an underwhelming hire, and I THINK points to us having one more real hire coming.

All this talk about NFL coaches banging at the door and then hiring a coach from North Texas is truly hilarious.

Collins was making $890/yr
Summers $488/yr
Gray $650/yr
Seider/Bell/Davis get maybe $400k of that.

Seems to be a helluva lot of money ($1.7M) left over for someone else. #keepthedreamalive

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016

In all seriousness, what do you know about Davis that led u to this conclusion? If there's anything about how he coaches, what kind of guy he is, or what his players think of him, I'd really like to have more info.

Do we even yet know how much we're paying Bell and Davis?

How does the mantra of UF being cheap persist when we've seen UF was #7-#9 in spending on our assistant coaches last year? Again, in all seriousness, can anybody corroborate the allegation that we've been losing potential coaches over money?

Love all the good info and varying perspectives here at GC. However, there's no value in strongly held beliefs being expressed as facts but not supported by personal knowledge or a reliable source of actual information.

I'd rather read real info or analysis of an issue, but I respect that reasonable people may disagree.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
In all seriousness, what do you know about Davis that led u to this conclusion? If there's anything about how he coaches, what kind of guy he is, or what his players think of him, I'd really like to have more info.

How does the mantra of UF being cheap persist when we've seen UF was #7-#9 in spending on our assistant coaches last year? Again, in all seriousness, can anybody corroborate the allegation that we've been losing potential coaches over money?

Love all the good info and varying perspectives here at GC. However, there's no value in strongly held beliefs being expressed as facts but not supported by personal knowledge or a reliable source of actual information.

I'd rather read real info or analysis of an issue, but I respect that reasonable people may disagree.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Collins was making $890/yr
Summers $488/yr
Gray $650/yr
Seider/Bell/Davis get maybe $400k of that.

Seems to be a helluva lot of money ($1.7M) left over for someone else. #keepthedreamalive
We may have a few more hires coming.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What happened to our QA guy from the Saints as the fall back? It seems to me that would probably be the better hire. At least we know he can coach.

Agree. WTF? This OL hire is so mediocre, head scratching. You've got this guy already on staff!

Bret Ingalls:

http://floridagators.com/news/2016/...ces-addition-of-veteran-ingalls-to-staff.aspx

MCELWAIN ANNOUNCES ADDITION OF VETERAN INGALLS TO STAFF
Ingalls has extensive NFL and college coaching experience
By Scott Carter, Senior Writer | Thursday, February 25, 2016

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- The Florida football staff has added a veteran to the mix.

bret-ingalls.jpg

Bret Ingalls

Gators head coach Jim McElwain announced Thursday he has hired longtime college and NFL assistant coach Bret Ingalls as a quality control staff assistant on offense. Ingalls has spent the past seven seasons as an assistant coach with the New Orleans Saints.

The 55-year-old Ingalls began his coaching career as a graduate assistant at Idaho in 1982. He was a running back as a player at Wichita State from 1979-81.

A native of Snohomish, Wash., Ingalls has made stops at Idaho, San Diego State, Eastern Michigan, Louisville, Northern Iowa, Indiana State, Miami (Ohio) and Northwestern. He joined Sean Payton's staff in 2009 in New Orleans and helped the Saints win the Super Bowl that season.

Ingalls has vast experience coaching offense and has been an offensive coordinator four times (San Diego State, Louisville, Northern Iowa and Idaho).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Don't worry. Mac says NFLers are calling him every day for that job!!!!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member

People have already thrown out numbers about how pitiful the North Texas offense was. We went from "NFL guys banging down the door" to settling for a cheap coach from NORTH TEXAS.

Look, I'm not saying we've always been cheap, however these hires were by definition, cheap. All that revenue from the SEC Network should have us swinging for the fences (Seider for example was a wonderful hire). We have a lot of money left to spend so I'm hoping we aren't done yet.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I'm not familiar with either of these guys and Bell may be a decent hire, I really don't know, but seeing a couple of guys that were most recently at FAU (USF for a month) and North Texas really doesn't instill a lot of confidence in me that these are good hires for us. Especially frustrating coming off of a decent NSD. If this was the quality of hire (on O-Line) we would end up with, why wait so long to fill the open slot and be short staffed on the trail leading up to signing day. Guess the answer is the obvious choice...Mac struck out with his 1st-5th choices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.