***Official Game Thread BBALL*** Florida 88, Jacksonville 47

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Please excuse me if I am slow to get excited about the basketball season.

I am still mourning the fact that I let my season tickets go after 36 years (I was a really young guy in 1981).

Between the fact that the cost nearly tripled and that they moved me out of the 3rd row (so some fat cat, johnny come lately, big money booster could have them) I just couldn't justify the investment any more.

I obviously will continue to be a rabid fan but just dealing with a little separation anxiety. Maybe someday I will jump back in........

That ain't right. :therethere:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Please excuse me if I am slow to get excited about the basketball season.

I am still mourning the fact that I let my season tickets go after 36 years (I was a really young guy in 1981).

Between the fact that the cost nearly tripled and that they moved me out of the 3rd row (so some fat cat, johnny come lately, big money booster could have them) I just couldn't justify the investment any more.

I obviously will continue to be a rabid fan but just dealing with a little separation anxiety. Maybe someday I will jump back in........

My bad bro, didn’t know it was you...:sadnanner:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
BTW, is anyone going to this game. I certainly hope anyone that goes will post some observations in this threat.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, I am really of two minds about this:

1. I think it is terrible they did this to you.

2. I am encouraged that there is enough interest in the program that they are both able to raise the price so much and they are still moving you out of your seats.

So I am very happy you are not letting this ticket issue affect your fandom too much, but I certainly understand you feeling about your treatment.

Back in the day (early 80's) when Sloan was the coach, UF could barely give away tickets and I got spoiled by sitting so close and I always hoped that the program would get better. Move forward twenty years and Billy has it going and suddenly my wish had come true but at that point I realized that a remodel or new facility or some other event would eventually happen and I would be kicked to the curb.

I am not naive and I understand that money drives everything, I just hoped that some REAL accommodation would be made for the <200 seats that were held by the same people from the beginning but I was wrong. The system they used virtually ignored loyalty and focused on cash only. Although I wasn't surprised, I was still very disappointed.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Back in the day (early 80's) when Sloan was the coach, UF could barely give away tickets and I got spoiled by sitting so close and I always hoped that the program would get better. Move forward twenty years and Billy has it going and suddenly my wish had come true but at that point I realized that a remodel or new facility or some other event would eventually happen and I would be kicked to the curb.

I am not naive and I understand that money drives everything, I just hoped that some REAL accommodation would be made for the <200 seats that were held by the same people from the beginning but I was wrong. The system they used virtually ignored loyalty and focused on cash only. Although I wasn't surprised, I was still very disappointed.

You are a good fan for hanging in and supporting the program despite this.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The way I see it is that UF has a two deep for tonight:

PG: Chiozza, Okauru
SG: Allen, Ballard
SF: Koulechov, Hudson
PF: Stone, Bassett
C: Hayes, Gak

Maybe if Johnson can go one more player is ready and Hudson can play more SG.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
The way I see it is that UF has a two deep for tonight:

PG: Chiozza, Okauru
SG: Allen, Ballard
SF: Koulechov, Hudson
PF: Stone, Bassett
C: Hayes, Gak

Maybe if Johnson can go one more player is ready and Hudson can play more SG.
White has said Bassett will be the 3rd string C...not sure he will be at PF

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Tonight maybe though cause Johnson is out and Stone isn't starting and is limited and Gak is limited. On top of Egbunu and Stokes out until Jan...we got injuries in the frontcourt

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
At the 16 min timeout. Lot has happened. Florida is up 11-7. 3Gor with 2 3pters. Allen with a 3pter. Stone with a fast break layup. Going really small with 4 guards to start due to Stones rolled ankle limiting him tonight. Chiozza got banged up first 2 min and hasn't come back in either

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Kind of sloppy without Chiozza. 3Gor a little jittery right now dispite the 2 early 3s. Missed a couple of easy ones. Inside D a little shaky as well. 15-11 FL at the under 12 timeout

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator