***Official Game Thread*** Florida @ Alabama Tuesday at 9 ET

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm freaking pumped guys. 13-3, 4-0 in SEC play. This team reminds me (loosely) of the Wilbekin/Young/Prather team where we don't panic and play fabulous defense. We are really coming together and I'm liking our outlook!

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Smart not to jinx it :fistbump:
I was kind of shocked that both of the things I wanted to see us do White did. White was outstanding coaching us back into the lead and to pull away.

Seems like unlike the last few years...we have enough depth to find someone to score when our normal scorers are not. It's someone different every night it seems. Great to see

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I was kind of shocked that both of the things I wanted to see us do White did. White was outstanding coaching us back into the lead and to pull away.

Seems like unlike the last few years...we have enough depth to find someone to score when our normal scorers are not. It's someone different every night it seems. Great to see

I think (key word) that he doesn't call TO's because he wants, and trusts, his guys to play through it and with resiliency. It's been working so far this season.

And I agree, our options to score are much better than last year. The addition of Barry, and development of Stone and Hayes has been really big. They really do remind me some of our last great squad led by Scottie and Patric.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Man, it was 34-16 and I had to run out....came back and Bama was up 50-47. Wtf? They went on a 34-11 run? Glad we got the win. I was shocked anybody showed up. The Bama bandwagon unloaded last night!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bama OWNED and DESTROYED 2nd night in a row! Gator haters SILENT tonight yet again! Go Gators!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Kasey Hill HATERS OWNED and DESTROYED yet again too!! Hill 13 points, 5 rebs, 4 assists, and 5 steals. Chiozza 8 points and 2 assists. Where you HATERS at tonight?? Oh wait we WON and on the road too!! LOLOL Go Gators!!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It will be nice not stressing over getting a tournament bid. If we split with KY it may be a pretty good one.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like unlike the last few years...we have enough depth
to find someone to score when our normal scorers are not. It's someone different every night it seems. Great to see

Good result from our bad game.
Y'all know my mind gets tickled by infectious wordings, such as Lee3's grouping-cough:
" Seems like unlike .." that I like :D.
Just teasing Lee, I rely on the caliber of your comments - BB guidance. :D

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Elsewhere, Vandy stuck with UK 'til the very end. Vandy's Lachance is shooting 57% from
the 3-pt arc ??? So coming soon we have to watch out for Vandy; can't be slack on defense
against Vandy.

Hooray! We are an undefeated SEC team with learning experience playing against better than
SEC teams. Gator Coach White has crafted a team of determined players on both O & D.
Oh, if Egbunu could only catch on.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Elsewhere, Vandy stuck with UK 'til the very end. Vandy's Lachance is shooting 57% from
the 3-pt arc ??? So coming soon we have to watch out for Vandy; can't be slack on defense
against Vandy.

Hooray! We are an undefeated SEC team with learning experience playing against better than
SEC teams. Gator Coach White has crafted a team of determined players on both O & D.
Oh, if Egbunu could only catch on.
That dunk towards the end of the game was an improvment

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe Egbunu should instantly jump and shoot, rather than bring the ball down any at all?

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
White said we played through a lot of adversity tonight but didn't want to get into that. Later he mentioned Hill hadn't practiced due to strep throat and was good enough to go today though

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Kasey Hill HATERS OWNED and DESTROYED yet again too!! Hill 13 points, 5 rebs, 4 assists, and 5 steals. Chiozza 8 points and 2 assists. Where you HATERS at tonight?? Oh wait we WON and on the road too!! LOLOL Go Gators!!
Not a hater and if your that impressed with struggling against a Bama team that doesn't have one player averaging dbl digits before tonight, and that's what's ur gonna use to call people out, wow just wow, I mean this must be that signature win we were all looking for. Please spare me the road win cliche, or it's a game we would have lost last year blah blah, we're Florida and should expect to win this game period. Call people out when we beat UK( god willing) and I'll be right there with you.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Call people out when we beat UK( god willing) and I'll be right there with you.

Or how about not wasting time calling out people voicing obvious and deserved criticism of players when they don't play smart, even if UF happens to beat UK.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I like Allen running the point a little now...gotta get stops though. Bama living at the line

Lee I was just going to ask how often Allen plays point when Hill is out and how does he do? Think he might be our starting PG next year if he returns?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I didn't get to watch so I wonder, were the refs whistle happy, or were both teams really fouling every play? Following on my phone it seems as though refs were calling fouls every possession.

Terrible to blow an 18 point lead, but way to grind back after being down five! I like this Stone kid. And good thing Bama is a bad FT shooting team. Another road win For the good guys!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.