***Official Game Thread*** Florida @ Alabama Tuesday at 9 ET

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kasey Hill HATERS OWNED and DESTROYED yet again too!! Hill 13 points, 5 rebs, 4 assists, and 5 steals. Chiozza 8 points and 2 assists. Where you HATERS at tonight?? Oh wait we WON and on the road too!! LOLOL Go Gators!!
Kasey Hill is certainly a likeable fellow, and it's nice to see him playing better in the last few games, but if we're being honest with ourselves, Kasey is probably the worst starting point guard we've had since Nabe Palmer. He's been a turnover machine his whole career, and he really struggles from outside. I don't think anyone here hates the guy, but by every metric, and by every observation, he's not a very good point guard.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Kasey Hill is certainly a likeable fellow, and it's nice to see him playing better in the last few games, but if we're being honest with ourselves, Kasey is probably the worst starting point guard we've had since Nabe Palmer. He's been a turnover machine his whole career, and he really struggles from outside. I don't think anyone here hates the guy, but by every metric, and by every observation, he's not a very good point guard.

Weird thing is, he's the most talented we've had in a long time. His speed and quickness are NBA caliber, but he just hasn't been able to avoid the TOs.

His shooting has improved this year which is a bonus. Hope he plays strong to close out his career, seems like a good dude.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Kasey Hill HATERS OWNED and DESTROYED yet again too!! Hill 13 points, 5 rebs, 4 assists, and 5 steals. Chiozza 8 points and 2 assists. Where you HATERS at tonight?? Oh wait we WON and on the road too!! LOLOL Go Gators!!

Hill has been playing well recently with the exception of the turnovers. Chiozza though? He hasn't been playing well since his "break out" performance vs North Florida.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Really impressed with White. Glad he's turning the corner. Keep it up coach.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Lee I was just going to ask how often Allen plays point when Hill is out and how does he do? Think he might be our starting PG next year if he returns?
So far this year Allen has really only played PG when teams have done a good job preventing him from getting the ball from passes. I would like to see more of it because he looked pretty good driving and dishing a few times yesterday. I hope he will play PG next year because he will have to play it in the NBA, but odds are White will go with Chiozza.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So far this year Allen has really only played PG when teams have done a good job preventing him from getting the ball from passes. I would like to see more of it because he looked pretty good driving and dishing a few times yesterday. I hope he will play PG next year because he will have to play it in the NBA, but odds are White will go with Chiozza.
Chorizo's gonna need to rest and Hester/Okauru will not be ready (or as ready) to handle the point as Allen will be. As you said, he needs to play PG if he wants to get to the NBA, so he needs to start playing it more. And we'll need him to play it more. Kid's probably gonna average 30-35 minutes a game next year.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
! Hill 13 points, 5 rebs, 4 assists, and 5 steals.
Jeeezz that is a serious stat line for a PG. Btw he is about to pass to fourth on the all time assist list in UF history. Nick Calathes who did it in ONE DAMNED year. That boy was a stud. He really had no one to pass too and had all those assists..................what could have been with him and Parsons

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jeeezz that is a serious stat line for a PG. Btw he is about to pass to fourth on the all time assist list in UF history. Nick Calathes who did it in ONE DAMNED year. That boy was a stud. He really had no one to pass too and had all those assists..................what could have been with him and Parsons
Nicky played for 2 years at UF (07-8 and 08-09), averaging 6.1 and 6.2 assists per game. Kasey has averaged 3.1, 4.5, 3.3 and is currently at 4.9 for this season.
I was going to dispute your statement that Nick had no one to pass to, but you're right on that (Werner was on that team :lol:).

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Funny how some of yall are VERY QUICK to jump on a player when they have a bad game but NEVER praise a player like Hill when they play good and we WIN YET AGAIN. No it wasn't against UK but its a road conference win. Just ask how #1 Baylor did last night on the road. Ask #7 Duke how they did on the road. Both BLOWN out and we were able to tough out a WIN. Go Gators!!

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Funny how some of yall are VERY QUICK to jump on a player when they have a bad game but NEVER praise a player like Hill when they play good and we WIN YET AGAIN. No it wasn't against UK but its a road conference win. Just ask how #1 Baylor did last night on the road. Ask #7 Duke how they did on the road. Both BLOWN out and we were able to tough out a WIN. Go Gators!!

Baylor played @ a top 10 team

Duke played @ a top 10 team without one of the best coaches in history and their best interior player Jefferson (had 20 and 20 vs us I think) and their best player (Captain Trippy aka Grayson "baby" Allen apparently got hurt again and missed the last 8 min.

We played a really average team that we were up 18 on with 25 min left in the game...and could have easily lost.

If you want to make a good comparison it would be to the game UK played yesterday. They played @ Vandy and could have easily lost. It was a different game with little defense played, but vs an average team they should have easily beat on the road. Like us they were in foul trouble in the first half and down with less than 10 min to go. It's tough to win on the road. We pulled it out and that's great to see and hopefully we learn and move on to the next game.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Nicky played for 2 years at UF (07-8 and 08-09), averaging 6.1 and 6.2 assists per game. Kasey has averaged 3.1, 4.5, 3.3 and is currently at 4.9 for this season.
I was going to dispute your statement that Nick had no one to pass to, but you're right on that (Werner was on that team :lol:).
DId Nick play two full years or was it that Dane kid that left in the middle of the season? Nick was a HUGE talent.

GatorBart

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
DId Nick play two full years or was it that Dane kid that left in the middle of the season? Nick was a HUGE talent.
Yeah, you're thinking about Christian Drejer who left mid-year from what I remember, but that was 2004 (boy did he miss out on all the fun that happened two years later - he would have been a senior on that team full of sophomores that won it all).
From Wiki:
He was also a Danish national team player. He was drafted in the second round of the 2004 NBA draft by the New Jersey Nets with the 51st pick as the first Dane ever drafted by the NBA. This pick was not without controversy as some had been questioning his character[2] because he had quit the Florida Gators basketball team halfway through the previous season.[3] He never played in the NBA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.