***Official Game Thread*** Florida at Vandy

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry @Gator Fever I was separating top 25 and 26-50 which caused the confusion.

Regardless, we had a heck of a regular season and are going dancing! :bananadance2:

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Before the game, I told the people I was watching the game with that I thought we had a chance to go a long way in the tournament because of the importance of strong guard play and we had 2-3 really quick players that could cause problems.

Then I watched Hill revert back to his sophomore year during the last 5 minutes of the game and realized how stupid I sounded.

Last 5 minutes?! Try the whole game! And it didn't help that Barry seemed to have his worst game of the season as well.

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
White not playing Hayes might have been the stupidest coaching decision I have ever witnessed.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Not sure if I am right...but if South Carolina beats Ole Miss tonight.. then we are most likely playing Vandy in our first SEC Tournament game lol...not looking good for a 3/4 seed

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if I am right...but if South Carolina beats Ole Miss tonight.. then we are most likely playing Vandy in our first SEC Tournament game lol...not looking good for a 3/4 seed
No way they beat us 3 times.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yep it would be another home game for them basically.

This is what someone said on another site "If Ole Miss beats USC in Oxford tonight, we'll face the Vandy - A & M winner in the quarters."

Last edited:

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Yep it would be another home game for them basically.

This what someone said on another site "If Ole Miss beats USC in Oxford tonight, we'll face the Vandy - A & M winner in the quarters."
I thought it was if Ole Miss loses we play the Vandy A&M winner?

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
White not playing Hayes might have been the stupidest coaching decision I have ever witnessed.
didn't see the game, had baseball practice my son. I saw the stats and thought that Hayes just decided to take the day off. Hill has never embraced his role as a PG. He just wants to be a scorer and he really hurts the team with dumb TO. White might be ADD.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It looks like Vandy would be the 6th seed if Ole Miss loses playing the winner of # 11 and # 14 but if Ole Miss wins they would be the 7th seed playing the 10th seed - A&M?

Oct 5, 2014
didn't see the game, had baseball practice my son. I saw the stats and thought that Hayes just decided to take the day off. Hill has never embraced his role as a PG. He just wants to be a scorer and he really hurts the team with dumb TO. White might be ADD.

I am 74 years old. I have never ever seen a game at any level in which the officiating was so one-sided.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Hayes played 10 minutes, ending with 2 fouls.??

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
The way I got it and have seen

1. Kentucky
2. Florida
3. South Carolina
4. Arkansas
5. Alabama
6. Vanderbilt
7. Georgia
8. Ole Miss
9. Tennesse
10. Texas A&M
11. Mississippi St
12. Auburn
13. LSU
14. Missouri

That is if South Carolina beats Ole Miss....so go South Carolina!!!!!!!....if I'm right lol

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
White **** the bed lost us another game against Vandy and putting us as a 4 seed now. Terrible coaching making them run clock with 6 min left in the game and we suck at half court offense. Coaching blew this game...lead to easy baskets for Vandy because we couldn't set up our defense

This is the type of analysis that has gotten me hated on here, Lee, LOL, so be careful I did not see the game but I will take your word for it as I know you have bball acumen. Speaking of which the parts of the game I was able to listen to, even Mark Wise, who almost is never critical of the Gators, was openly questioning their bball IQ without saying so. I have said all year that this is a good team, but from the neck up and Mile's inability to construct a decent half court offense, is going to bite them in the tourney.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
This is the type of analysis that has gotten me hated on here, Lee, LOL, so be careful I did not see the game but I will take your word for it as I know you have bball acumen. Speaking of which the parts of the game I was able to listen to, even Mark Wise, who almost is never critical of the Gators, was openly questioning their bball IQ without saying so. I have said all year that this is a good team, but from the neck up and Mile's inability to construct a decent half court offense, is going to bite them in the tourney.

Your not hated...at least not by most. I like your posts. Just maybe sprinkle in some positivity once in a while

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.