**Official Game Thread**Gamecocks @ Gators, Tues, Feb 21st, 7 PM, ESPN

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 44-41 at the under 16 timeout. Haven't played great D this half. Lots of easy baskets for South Carolina

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 55-46 at the under 12 timeout. We are moving the ball better against the zone and using pump fakes (great to see us finally using) well. Stone is having his best game in a month and he has only taken 2 shots. He is rebounding well and passing well

Edit: Now it's the under 12 timeout. Nothing changed but South Carolina going to the line now

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Can anyone explain why White likes having the shortest man on the floor throwing in the inbounds pass?
It depends on the play call...1 big is down low, 1 sceens, 1 goes for the oop, and a shooter ( Allen or Barry on the outside) that leaves PG inbounding

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are getting eaten up in the paint right now.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 66-57 at the under 8 timeout. We are playing better right now, but South Carolina keeps posting up Thornwell and we need to figure out how to stop it

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
MIght start with getting Kasey Hill off of Thornwell. I thought that was just a mistake the first time. WTF??

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida is up 80-64 at the under 4 timeout. We have played great this half. We need to keep it up for the final 3 minutes

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone else know the exact moment the game swung in the first half? Simple answer: When USCe went to a zone defense, we completely went flat. Why? B/C as I have said numerous times this season, Mike has zero concepts when it comes to attacking a zone defense. It is a shame too b/c this is a good team and whether watching live or on TV, I shake my head in amazement in Mike's inability to understand zone offense. Yes, USCe is a good defensive team. But a darn good D-1 team like UF should have a better method and understanding of how to play against a basic zone defense. My guess is USCe will continue to play zone D in the 2nd half and Mike's answer will be to try and shoot over the top of it. It may work, but that is not a zone offensive attack per se.

Bump

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 81-66. Didn't think we could do that with Barry not playing much and Egbunu out, but what an amazing 2nd half. Big props to Allen...might be his best overall game in all categories!!!!! On to Saturday against UK. Keep getting better and keep figuring out how to play and win without Egbunu

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.