***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Georgia***

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
What I did like about the O this game was not letting momentum slip away and somehow implode... took the lead, added to the lead. Of course, I've been in love with our D since the 0-10-1 season, no mystery there. I like the fact our D made the all world freshman look like a freshman and seemed to never throttled down the pressure. We have flashes on O that please, now if we just get consistency and that line of ours can just decide to be nasty... for 60 minutes nobody is your friend on the other side. Go Gators!! Congrats Team.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Ah isn't it sweet to put a knife in the hearts of the dawgs? With the exception of the bizarro TD drive by Georgia and the wonderful 'I'm Brett Favre and can throw like him' int drive, the D was marvelous.

And boy were Verne and Gary disappointed. When Georgia scored Eason was amazing. The rest of the game was about the future potential of Georgia.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
:butters:Well I invested way to much energy into watching this game today. I can't wait to hear ole:butters:put the spin on this win about how they had a plan and executed it and everything went great and we need to be more consistent, etc, etc. Well we may not even have to win out and still be able to make the SECCG. The SEC East is littered with horrendous coaching and we may well have the worst one of the seven in ole:butters:. If we had just a HEE or just a HAW we could dominate the East but instead Fooley graced us with total :butters:

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Ah isn't it sweet to put a knife in the hearts of the dawgs? With the exception of the bizarro TD drive by Georgia and the wonderful 'I'm Brett Favre and can throw like him' int drive, the D was marvelous.

And boy were Verne and Gary disappointed. When Georgia scored Eason was amazing. The rest of the game was about the future potential of Georgia.

I hate those guys. Their bias is shameful. You could tell Verne wanted to go out seeing us lose in his last go round with the cocktail party.

We tried to oblige but UGA has even bigger issues than we do. Our road gets a lot, lot tougher after this one though.

Sep 29, 2015
I'd like some of what you're drinking.

He may have moved the chains in one of those 3rd quarter drives to stop the bleeding. As frustrating as he is with the decision making, he's much better than applebees.

If he could read the Defense better and make the right decision quicker he'd be pretty good, because he seems to be pretty accurate. I just don't see it though. One of the freshmen better be starting next year, because the skill positions and line will be ready for prime time by then.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We tried to oblige but UGA has even bigger issues than we do. Our road gets a lot, lot tougher after this one though.
Does it? LSU and Hogs all look like disasters too.

If at any point we manage to find an offense, those should be easy wins actually. I feel stupid for writing that bc this is exactly what a Mac or Nusschamp offense looks like (wo Trent Richardson).

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
He may have moved the chains in one of those 3rd quarter drives to stop the bleeding. As frustrating as he is with the decision making, he's much better than applebees.

If he could read the Defense better and make the right decision quicker he'd be pretty good, because he seems to be pretty accurate. I just don't see it though. One of the freshmen better be starting next year, because the skill positions and line will be ready for prime time by then.

I don't know that Del Rio is any better than Appleby. The last two games don't show that he is better than Appleby. Del Rio "may" be able to read defenses better but Appleby is way more mobile and has a stronger arm. One thing is for sure, Del Rio has played two lousy games.

If we can get them ready, I'm on the Ox train now, play the freshmen.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorDave_SEC: #Gators defense held UGA to their lowest yardage output in 20 years. UGA most of their yards on broken plays.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't know that Del Rio is any better than Appleby. The last two games don't show that he is better than Appleby. Del Rio "may" be able to read defenses better but Appleby is way more mobile and has a stronger arm. One thing is for sure, Del Rio has played two lousy games.

If we can get them ready, I'm on the Ox train now, play the freshmen.

He's played 3 lousy games. Everyone forgets his sh*tty outing vs. North Texas.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
What I did like about the O this game was not letting momentum slip away and somehow implode... took the lead, added to the lead. Of course, I've been in love with our D since the 0-10-1 season, no mystery there. I like the fact our D made the all world freshman look like a freshman and seemed to never throttled down the pressure. We have flashes on O that please, now if we just get consistency and that line of ours can just decide to be nasty... for 60 minutes nobody is your friend on the other side. Go Gators!! Congrats Team.

Excellent point. Aside from a second half meltdown against TN, our defense has been playing lights out the entire game most weeks. Based on what I've read, many of them also took last years collapse to heart (quotes from Davis, I believe) and intend to dominate each and every game through to the final whistle of our last game. I look forward to that sort of statement and the expectation it sets for next years wholesale changes on the defensive side of the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator