Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Kentucky***

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
And dammnit to hell, Auburn is handling georgia with much less talent than have we.

That can’t be true. I’ve been told for years that the reason we can’t beat the likes of Kentucky, Vandy, Georgia Southern, Oregon State, South Carolina, Missouri, etc. isn’t because our coach(es) suck but is because we don’t enough talent.

You mean to tell me that a great coach with less talent can actually hang with and/or beat the recruiting big boys (like I’ve said a thousand times)?

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Personally, I really don’t. We’re just glossing over the bigger issues if we do, and he’d simply be buying himself more time. Market doesn’t care where you own it. A bad trade is a bad trade, and he’s proving to be one. Bandaid rip needs to happen sooner than later.
I agree sofla.

Assuming Billy hires an OC and assuming this OC is a genius who can outscheme anyone. The homeless guy with the headphones still doesn't have the team disciplined, he still hasn't installed a hunger to win, he still sends out however many guys on the field as he wants; 9, 10, 11, 13.

Even with a hotshot OC, the process oriented detail king is still making many other lousy and fireable bonehead decisions.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Offense sucked.
Special teams sucked
Defense was abysmal
Coaching was non-existent, hence abysmal.
We’re now officially Kentucky’s bitch and soon to be Vandy’s bitch, too, if things don’t change for the better.

FIFY

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
I have zero faith that hiring an OC will make any difference at all. The OC takes on what the HC wants to do, look at MusChimps OCs. Even Kiffy got manhandled by Lil Nicky and told what he wanted run at times. Nothing shows me confidence in his process, when losing doesn’t have any effect on your demeanor. He seems to accept it, and shrug it off like water off a ducks arse. Winners hate losing more than they like winning, Billy seems like Ho-Hum, did my check clear this week?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
When you hear comments like what he said about fans not knowing what they’re talking about,he’s telling you what the downside is in his eyes. He would basically be saying he was a wrong and those people were right. He’s not going to do that, and certainly not willingly. As I said earlier, we could force his hand at the close of this season. But do we even really want someone like that? I don’t. Minus a complete overhaul in mentality and a major show of humility, his time here is in the final hours. And good riddance.

Please elaborate, what did he say? Was this in the post-game presser, sidelines after the game? Link to this would be appreciated.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
I was happy with the Tennessee win but didn't get overly excited. You can call me a glass half full type of guy if you want but everybody with the exception of Georgian, LSU, and Bama if it lines up that way. Every other team should be a guranteed W based on the natural advantages the University of Florida has compared to Tennessee, Kentucky, South Carolina, MIssouri, Vandy, and even FSU most years given we are in the SEC and out recruit them. I avoided the board and giving Napier praise for the performance agaisnt Tennessee because of how I view things. Tennessee should not be something we brag about, it SHOULD be a given. Really hard to beleive Kentucky has won 3 in a row against us in Football.

I said last season was unlike anything I've ever seen in my life, never knowing what team we were going to get from week to week. It is still early but I've got that same feeling again. There really isn't any way to excuse the methodical stone age offense. If we had the Alabama of old Oline or Georgias Oline, I'm fine with grinding out wins but were not even close to those levels. We need a play caller that can showcase our skill players and make it easy for our QB to get the ball out quick. The headscratching 4th down play calls from the Utah game made an appearance again. We're getting blown up all game in the middle, and we go with a slow developing run play right up the gut to get 2 yards. Also, a coach needs to make sure Boardingham knows where the 1st down line is on the other 4th down attempt. Again, things you can't defend and just comes down to coaching. I've tried to tell myself that Napier is limited with Mertz at the helm and the offense will open up when Lagway gets here next year but those orange and blue glasses are starting to slip off the nose.

If you asked me what I would have had complete confidence in before the game my answer would have been our defense. Glad nobody ask my opinion on anything. We just got manhandled and missed way to many tackles. I'm not ready to throw AA under the bus though, weird games like this happen and its not like our offense helped them at all. Just one of those days.

After Utah my expectations were a losing season, after Tennessee I thought we might have a chance to sneak out 8 wins, now I honestly don't know what to expect. The Swamp is a different beast IF its packed, rocking and there is hope. As Andy Staples said a couple of days before the game, if we lose this one all the momentum and hope will go right out the window and it definitely has for me. Even if we land our top class, I've got serious doubts that our coaches can put them in the best positon to win. We will be the Les MIles/Ed O LSU teams who are loaded with talent and never reach their potential unless lightinig strikes.

Still a lot of football left, I think the only games we will win going forward is Vandy and Arky at home,. If we are competitve against Georgia LSU and Missouri then I think the Swamp will be rocking when FSU rolls into town if they are a top 10 team.

It is tough being a Florida fan, wish I owned a alcohol store, business would have been booming during football months for the last 14 years

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
As the said on Breakdown, TN was a mirage and we will likely never see that offense again. TN played the pass and got gouged in 1st. In second we did nothing.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Not that many operation people make it to C-level. The reason? They can't back away from the day-to-day. And if they cant... they fail.

BN has been given the resources. He's been given the time. I hope he does the right thing for the program at years end.

Don’t hold your breath. He ain’t resigning at season’s end.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
A control guy to his offense? What the hell is there to control? Week after week he seemingly becomes what most think he is....Some high school certainly needs his offensive services

I’m just saying he’s a control freak with his offensive play calling. I don’t think he is willing let it go. I couldn’t agree more. Some high school needs him.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Please elaborate, what did he say? Was this in the post-game presser, sidelines after the game? Link to this would be appreciated.
Reporting on podcasts that he said they deserve all the criticism they get for today. When asked about play calling he said that some is valid and some is folks not understanding what they are talking about. That as coaches they have to be in position to support the players.
Allegedly he was eating pizza as he saidbthis

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Personally, I really don’t. We’re just glossing over the bigger issues if we do, and he’d simply be buying himself more time. Market doesn’t care where you own it. A bad trade is a bad trade, and he’s proving to be one. Bandaid rip needs to happen sooner than later.
Like I said in the box today...it's not just the 9-9 record......the warning signs are much bigger and flashing bright red.

Terminate the experiment before the entire lab explodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.