***OFFICIAL Game Thread: UF vs. Michigan***

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Goodbye Treon, he will never do anything anywhere. Goodbye Kelvin, he will never do anything anywhere. Goodbye DRob, he will never do anything anywhere. Goodbye VH3, he was beaten continually the past few games so his stock is dropping like a rock too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Could be a long while til we see 10 wins again, honestly this losing streak and the way we have lost doesn't fill me with a lot of optimism

Yeah these four games arent going to help recruiting.

Loading up on three stars is the way Kintucky has built their dynasty.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
So much for the "new" Gators.
So much for the "new" head coach of Florida.

In the name of Allah you people are embarrassing the entire Southeastern Conference. Michigan is just a middle of the road Big 10 team but you're making them look like Alabama. Treon Harris has to be the worst quarterback in the history of Jortdom.

No way your a real person. Somebody is making fun of tennesse and Muslims.

Oct 5, 2014
If you take over as a new head coach and your offense plays better in your first game than it does in your your 14th game, you might not be a good head coach.

If you take over as a new head coach and your special teams play better in your first game than they do in your 14th game, you might not be a good head coach.

If you take over as a new head coach and your team defense is better in your first game than it is in the fourteenth game, you might not be a good head coach.

This reminds me of the wonderful fairy tale: THE EMPEROR'S NEW CLOTHES.

I want to be the first to predict that James McElwain will not be a successful head football coach at the University of Florida.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you take over as a new head coach and your offense plays better in your first game than it does in your your 14th game, you might not be a good head coach.

If you take over as a new head coach and your special teams play better in your first game than they do in your 14th game, you might not be a good head coach.

If you take over as a new head coach and your team defense is better in your first game than it is in the fourteenth game, you might not be a good head coach.

I want to be the first to predict that James McElwain will not be a successful head football coach at the University of Florida.
Just make sure you stick with this.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014

Wait for it..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
28 yards of offense in the second half? Are u friggin kidding me!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

You do realize the level of difficulty between the team we played in the first game, and the team we played in the last game, is fairly significant, right? Not to mention our best QB got himself suspended for a year, then decided that wasn't screwing over his team quite enough, so he one-upped that by deciding to transfer too? Add to that the only remotely viable back-up QB he had left on the roster was Treon Harris who isn't a Div 1 talent at QB, and you end up with the soup sandwich we ended up being for the last half of the season. Some things are just beyond even the greatest coaches. The fact that we won 10 games and the SEC East are miracles under the circumstances. But hey, let's just ignore all that and call for our new HC's head after his first season, because that's just what UF fans do, right?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This talk of crucifying Mac and his staff after this season is maddening. I love the Gators, but man our fan club sucks sometimes.

Oct 5, 2014
You do realize the level of difficulty between the team we played in the first game, and the team we played in the last game, is fairly significant, right? Not to mention our best QB got himself suspended for a year, then decided that wasn't screwing over his team quite enough, so he one-upped that by deciding to transfer too? Add to that the only remotely viable back-up QB he had left on the roster was Treon Harris who isn't a Div 1 talent at QB, and you end up with the soup sandwich we ended up being for the last half of the season. Some things are just beyond even the greatest coaches. The fact that we won 10 games and the SEC East are miracles under the circumstances. But hey, let's just ignore all that and call for our new HC's head after his first season, because that's just what UF fans do, right?

"The Emperor has no clothes!"

Is it too late to get Kirby Smart?

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
For his sake, I hope he's not focusing on it too much. Probably won't like what he sees. The last 2 games, he has been absolutely destroyed. Not sure anything would be gained by staying another year, but he's done himself no favors in big games, and imo is behind Tabor at this point.

I was thinking similar thoughts before I came here just now. Hargreaves got OWNED today. He did himself no good at all. The entire defense played badly but especially Hargreaves. Heck Alabama only beat Florida by 14 points. No shame in that. But today was embarrassing.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
"The Emperor has no clothes!"

Is it too late to get Kirby Smart?
I think so. ;) Big year for Mac next year. I am hopeful but also worried. The end of the season was a disaster and Mac did nothing to make things better. His work and faith with Treon was ridiculous. But let's see what Mac can do with a real off season and a deeper team next year. The situation with Grier still bugs me. The best Gator QB since Tebow is gone. Not Mac's fault. Still terrible though.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, the poorer preparation and now the lack of want to (softness)/running out of bounds crap as the season progressed, has stopped my Mac applauding and raised some doubts to his methodology. As others feel, it's less about the losses but in the way we lose them. It's an old song in what is now becoming a run of coaches at Florida.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Saw that Treon Harris thought it was 4th down when he threw his pick in the end zone. You;ve heard of million dollar arm and ten cent head, well Treon is ten cent arm and ten cent head.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's a little early to write Mac off but the team was not prepared at all. Truly disappointing.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder how any HC would've faired under the same circumstances. Only option at QB being a poor back-up, OL made from spare parts, no place kicker to even attempt a FG at any range. It's a minor miracle we won 10 games this year, but it does suck to close out the season like we did. Mac needs a strong recruiting class to fill some holes and start building some depth at positions other than DB and DL. Not down on the staff...just down about the way the season played out.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's a little early to write Mac off but the team was not prepared at all. Truly disappointing.
Well, I don't think he played this game up too hard by giving the seniors and juniors considering the draft 4-5 days off from bowl practice. As a fan, I don't agree with the strategy, but from his perspective I'm sure he's more concerned about the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.