***OFFICIAL Game Thread: UF vs. Michigan***

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Mac will use the practices to further perfect his offense and develop returning players. Don't expect much the way of new wrinkles. I don't expect much next year. 2017 is the crucial year.

I hope you are so wrong. Because if you are correct, I want a new coach.

I hope Mac's focus is on winning this game. Next year will take care of itself. Hopefully with a different QB.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Joan Jett rocks.
**** the B-52's
Now that aka reminded me, yeah, JJ went on first. The Blackhearts didn't rock that day. Totally God-awful. She was probably too drunk to perform. B-52's were scrambling for their lives from the opening song. The crowd just absolutely hated them. It was uncomfortably strange. But, yeah, it was all about the who and even though they were already past their prime, they rocked.

I saw the Police there the following year during the Syncronicity tour and that was one of the best shows I've seen. Crazy good musicianship at the height of their Pop Phenom stardom. They don't make concerts like that anymore.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Can't we let Guy practice for a month and start him? Harris isn't going to be the QB next fall.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Cool. Yeah, it was Joan Jett, The B-52's , and The Who. JJ was kinda gross and couldn't sing and the poor B-52's got abused by that crowd. They played about 20 minutes and escaped. I saw one of the girls get hit in the stomach with a high top tennis shoe. It was bad, I felt sorry for them. The Who was great. It was November but it was hot, they were spraying the crowd with a water hose.
In Detroit for that concert, we got Eddie Money and The Clash opening for The Who... T-shirt had an arcade game on it, but can't remember which one... Maybe Tempest.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meatchicken by double digits if Treon starts.

If we switch to the wildcat, or read option, or wishbone offense, we win by 10.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

If we switch to the wildcat, or read option, or wishbone offense, we win by 10.
Watching some of the bone headed decisions Treon has made, I have very little faith that he can run any of those.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Watching some of the bone headed decisions Treon has made, I have very little faith that he can run any of those.

Aha! But, if we run wishbone, we can use any QB to pitch or hand off.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And of course the wildcat completely eliminates him from any QB scenario.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not sure if you've watched Michigan play this year but their offense probably can't score double digits on our defense. The only way I see them scoring more than 10 points is if we gift wrap them a turnover that they score off of. This game could literally end up 9-6 or 6-3. Both offenses are that challenged. Their defense is nowhere near the quality of ours.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure if you've watched Michigan play this year but their offense probably can't score double digits on our defense. The only way I see them scoring more than 10 points is if we gift wrap them a turnover that they score off of. This game could literally end up 9-6 or 6-3. Both offenses are that challenged. Their defense is nowhere near the quality of ours.

I agree with this. Michigan will struggle to score because of our defense and we'll struggle to score because of Treon. It will probably be a sloppy, low scoring game with the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win. We can certainly win this game, but it will probably be close.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Would rather us play a different team, but oh well. Gators going to kick some ass!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Now that DJ Durkin is gone, we will see how their defense does. He was so damn overrated when he was here.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Btw, nobody was good enough to score double digits on our defense. But we were so abysmal on offense, that eventually they tired out and teams were able to score. We struggled to beat FAU, remember.

I think we only held the ball for like 14 minutes against Bama. Ludicrous.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Again, that FAU team we inexcusably struggled with still had state of Florida athletes.??
What about the heat depleting them Meatchiken boys ?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Btw, nobody was good enough to score double digits on our defense. But we were so abysmal on offense, that eventually they tired out and teams were able to score. We struggled to beat FAU, remember.

I think we only held the ball for like 14 minutes against Bama. Ludicrous.
Trust me both defenses will be dog tired by the end of this game...As for TOP they tend to go 3 and out quite a bit also. Probably not as much as our offense but their punter is going to have a sore leg.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For some reason we have ALWAYS had a hard time beating Michigan teams in bowl games. Because our offense is in the dumper with Treon as the QB, that trend will probably continue.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's important to remember that Michigan still has to find ways to score on us, as well.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's important to remember that Michigan still has to find ways to score on us, as well.
Statistically they are better than us on offense, though part of that is perhaps the conference they are in.

For me, even with a month to prepare, I find it difficult to have faith that Treon will do much of anything, but we'll see.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Statistically they are better than us on offense, though part of that is perhaps the conference they are in.

For me, even with a month to prepare, I find it difficult to have faith that Treon will do much of anything, but we'll see.
Doesn't matter how their offense compares to our offense, it matters how they stack up against our defense. 71st in total offense, 93rd in rushing offense, 54th in scoring offense. So while everyone is pissing and moaning about our offense against their defense, it's not any easier for them against ours. Gonna be a low scoring affair (as if we've played any other type of game this year :lol:).

Edit: If anything about their offense will give us trouble, it's their TE named Butt.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

The SEC east is as bad or worse than any power 5 conf. We have a better win than them with Ole Miss, but how much do we currently resemble the team that took the field that day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator