• MSU wins by 10+

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The few times I switched away to UK-MSU, it seemed that UK was manhandling them, esp in their 2nd half. Given level of opposition MSU had b4 UK game, I think the Bulldogs might be a bit overrated. But it's always tough there, and there is the damned cowbell noise. Still, if we can take their crowd out of the game early, esp if our D stays on their assignments, we have a good chance.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
MSU is all about the run. Reese missed UK and it showed versus the run. If Reese has recovered from a tricky high ankle sprain we now have a shot to win.

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
I think Kentucky could beat LSU this year and should give UGA a game. Physically they look a lot like FSU did when Stoops was there. Good chance they only lose two games. Stoops will get some serious looks this off season and should land a big time gig. And I'll be glad to see him go.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Armageddon's a surely coming. We're talking Kentucky as a force without any mention of hardwood.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MSU is a similar team to Muschamp's gators. They are tough to play when they have a lead because they have a sound overall
ground game. They also have very good pass rushers. Easily the best we will have faced up until this point. If you can get a lead on them
and make them play from behind it makes them play from a point of weakness. Which is their passing game . I believe Dan knows this, and will devise a game plan around it with Grantham. In order to win I believe we will need to out rush them. Also we had ten penalties on Saturday night, which is way, way too much. We had at least two drives stalled because of holds. That needs to be cut out pronto.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
.That was possibly the biggest improvement I saw last night...tackling. They were taking guys down one on one and hitting pretty damned hard, too.

Also defense adjustments, we didn't just say in a single type of DL formation, had as many as 5 guys with a hand in the ground on some plays. Wish we saw those against Kentucky.

Aug 1, 2018
Feldman wrote an article a month ago praising Moorhead for improving Fitzgerald's footwork and accuracy. I thought it was ridiculous. The kid is who he is, plus he was injured for a majority of the offseason. Moorhead was out coached by Stoops. Kentucky's defensive line might be better than we thought. Terry is a freak athlete, but we knew that.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Feldman wrote an article a month ago praising Moorhead for improving Fitzgerald's footwork and accuracy. I thought it was ridiculous. The kid is who he is, plus he was injured for a majority of the offseason. Moorhead was out coached by Stoops. Kentucky's defensive line might be better than we thought. Terry is a freak athlete, but we knew that.

You mean like the fluff articles that came out before the season on our receivers, Franks, the talent here being better than recruited..... Fluff articles are fluff articles happens every offseason. In 2017, it was how McElwain was finally be competitive against Bama in the SEC Championship game.

Aug 1, 2018
You mean like the fluff articles that came out before the season on our receivers, Franks, the talent here being better than recruited..... Fluff articles are fluff articles happens every offseason. In 2017, it was how McElwain was finally be competitive against Bama in the SEC Championship game.
I'm used to it from the beat writers. They gotta get the clicks and the hype up. I thought TheAthletic was above that;)

Rtygators1

Sep 8, 2018
I think msu is better than what they played on Saturday but how much better I'm not sure. I think they went in assuming they'd win since it is Kentucky... historically one of the worst programs in the sec east. I think Kentucky is better than people realize and will win several games that in previous years would have been losses. I don't see them winning a natty, the sec, or even the east. They may make the east race interesting though. I don't see them beating both sc and ga but they may win at least one.
As for msu, I don't see us having an advantage with Mullen knowing their players. The list several at the end of the year, got several new recruits and most importantly are being coached by a whole new group of coaches under a new system. If anything their coaches may have an advantage having all of mullens previous film but we see how that helped them against KY. I think their players are going to be pumped for this one... having just lost a game they are favored, revenge against Mullen and the rest of that story line. I think the gators are going to have their hands full. But I think they have a chance .

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UGA stayed relatively healthy and not big suspensions last season, the opposite of UF.

They did lose their starting quarterback the first game of the season... so relatively healthy, lets say the same happens to Kentucky. The difference between UGA and Kentucky, is the guy behind the starter is blue chip at UGA not at Kentucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator