• MSU wins by 1-9

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • MSU wins by 10+

Votes: 8 6.0%

• Total voters

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Which part are you from?
The more populous south that shares culture with New Orleans and Mobile. My Dad was a MSU grad, so I usually root for them when they are not playing the Gators.
True story: I was on the MSU campus for a meeting. Walked across campus for breakfast one Saturday morning when I was almost run over by a young man on an ATV, his shotgun across the handlebars and his girlfriend behind with both arms around him. Quite a sight. Aggie jokes are fair game. The blatant vulgarity is a trifle tedious.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
The more populous south that shares culture with New Orleans and Mobile. My Dad was a MSU grad, so I usually root for them when they are not playing the Gators.
True story: I was on the MSU campus for a meeting. Walked across campus for breakfast one Saturday morning when I was almost run over by a young man on an ATV, his shotgun across the handlebars and his girlfriend behind with both arms around him. Quite a sight. Aggie jokes are fair game. The blatant vulgarity is a trifle tedious.
I’m in the same area. It’s not too bad. Wish the water was safer to swim in though.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
MSU is a similar team to Muschamp's gators. They are tough to play when they have a lead because they have a sound overall ground game. They also have very good pass rushers. Easily the best we will have faced up until this point. If you can get a lead on them
and make them play from behind it makes them play from a point of weakness. Which is their passing game . I believe Dan knows this, and will devise a game plan around it with Grantham.

Interesting you bring up Muschamp, because one of the few things he well in a game (I mean - in ONE game) will have to be done from the start Saturday night. That was the TAMU game in 2012, TAMU's first SEC game ever, at TAMU, on CBS. Manziel was lighting up our defense the entire first half with his runs (similar to what Fitzgerald can do), and although the score was relatively close, I believe we were losing at the half.

I remember reading afterwards that during halftime, Muschamp and his D-Coord (who was THAT in 2012?) explained to the players that they were not staying in their gaps, not sticking to their assignments. Once they did that in the second half, they shut down Manziel's running lanes, forcing either their RBs to run, or Manziel to pass, and by doing that, the team shut down TAMU's O in the second half, enabling us to win.

Fitzgerald is a running QB. Our D looked like they were sticking to their assignments in shutting down the Vols' running game Saturday night, and they're gonna have to do it again this Saturday to be successful against Fitzgerald and the Bulldogs. They do that, and I think we win.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Interesting you bring up Muschamp, because one of the few things he well in a game (I mean - in ONE game) will have to be done from the start Saturday night. That was the TAMU game in 2012, TAMU's first SEC game ever, at TAMU, on CBS. Manziel was lighting up our defense the entire first half with his runs (similar to what Fitzgerald can do), and although the score was relatively close, I believe we were losing at the half.

I remember reading afterwards that during halftime, Muschamp and his D-Coord (who was THAT in 2012?) explained to the players that they were not staying in their gaps, not sticking to their assignments. Once they did that in the second half, they shut down Manziel's running lanes, forcing either their RBs to run, or Manziel to pass, and by doing that, the team shut down TAMU's O in the second half, enabling us to win.

Fitzgerald is a running QB. Our D looked like they were sticking to their assignments in shutting down the Vols' running game Saturday night, and they're gonna have to do it again this Saturday to be successful against Fitzgerald and the Bulldogs. They do that, and I think we win.

DQ

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I think we also got lucky catching Manziel in one of his first games. He definitely improved after that.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have a fish camp on the Pascagoula River. Everyone swims in the filthy water. Houseboats up river. Doesn't seem to hurt them.
:harvey2:

the scientific proof is clear that terrible water in Missippi has destroyed what little DNA they have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.