***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs N Colorado*** CANCELLED

chuckmcphail

Lifetime Member
Sep 21, 2016
Why haven't they tried the gator head logo on the side of the helmet? I know we have some expert photoshoppers that could give us a prototype...

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
I'm not a huge fan of the white helmets but I can handle it for one game. It is a lot better than the crap Meyer had them wear against uga, orange helmets w' no center stripe. It was awful!

Edit: I think it was 2010

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's largely perception. We love those block helmets, in part at least, because of how that 2006 game against the Tide played out en route to a title. The F helmets, in contrast, will always remind me of a team and program that had lost its way and had gotten too cute in Tebow's final year. I'm honestly not sure we've ever played well in them despite numerous attempts and varying degree of opponents. It's actually remarkable.

I just wonder how our feelings may have differed if we'd lost that '06 game, and won in '09. Similar to how I cringe when I see the orange, which brings me back to 80's childhood horrors in BHG, while the blue makes me think of those great 90's Spurrier years. May be wrong but I think that definitely has a hand in things.
Well, the other thing for me is I really hate the new font they use now. So that doesn't help.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's largely perception. We love those block helmets, in part at least, because of how that 2006 game against the Tide played out en route to a title. The F helmets, in contrast, will always remind me of a team and program that had lost its way and had gotten too cute in Tebow's final year. I'm honestly not sure we've ever played well in them despite numerous attempts and varying degree of opponents. It's actually remarkable.

I just wonder how our feelings may have differed if we'd lost that '06 game, and won in '09. Similar to how I cringe when I see the orange, which brings me back to 80's childhood horrors in BHG, while the blue makes me think of those great 90's Spurrier years. May be wrong but I think that definitely has a hand in things.

Maybe, or maybe the block F is just far superior to that transgendered f

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gator1.jpg

I kind of like this helmet...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I love the Gator head logo, I think it's one of the best in college sports. But don't put it on a helmet. Ever. Doesn't look right.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have a white Gator shirt :sadnanner:
I'd make a specific trip to Phan's Tailgate Party to catch a glimpse of this. Just imagine a tighter fitting, slightly shear white t-shirt with the orange "Gators" script, 98° - 100% humidity day, with sweat dripping down the...

Hrh Hmmm.. Sorry, got a little carried away there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator