***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Hard to recall such a quick turnaround in a game. Especially after the UT TO to begin the second half. Never thought would lose up 21 - 3 would lose let alone lose like that at that point. Damn shame and mess.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
TN won the game with quick timing passes, which we threw not a single one of. Very hard to defend but our DBU could not even get into the same time zone as Dobbs and his receivers. Time after time our "DBU" consistently was not in the same time zone as the receiver, but they are supposed to be the best? / DBU? No, they SUCK. Wilson, Tabor, STFU. you cannot back it up on the big stage. Mac, figure out this mess you created quick, or follow your equally-capable friends Zook and chimp out de door

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
My opinion after today is Mac just isn't going to be the guy for us, he at least needs to send the two coordinators and summers packing. You don't get out coached by Butch Davis in the second half and boost confidence.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Blew a 21 point lead to the WORST game day coach in the country. What does that say about our coaching staff?
It says all you need to know about Nusschamp and Sidehat.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Watching Macs post-game on Gator Vision. Nothing about coaching or play calling. All about the players failures.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's safe to say the trash talking is over. They made themselves look like complete dumbasses and I'm sure they're getting owned on social media...deservedly so.
When has that slowed them down? Its not like they havent been regularly toasted amd losing games left and right since the Chimp years.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2 fair catches on the goal line in the same game? Between that and our many stupid penalties, it is clear this coach does not coach the mental aspects of the game beyond a quick verbal nod. Please take 2 minutes each practice to work on the mental aspects of the game. It really will be apparent if you do.
2 on the goalline and 1 more well inside the 10.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Too risky for LDR to go vs Vandy. So AA gets more commanding and fires some line-drive passes
in stride. Also, let him have some more bombs practice. Include Cleveland in more passes.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
First matter of business, I hope all of you are well! I have missed interacting with all of you and reading your thoughts and general comments.

Now, to the current situation - A DUCK CAN PULL A TRUCK! I felt a sense of disgust, last night, that I haven't felt in a while. Over the past year or so, my battle with health issues caused me to focus on the things that really matter, such as family and living life to the fullest; however, what I witnessed yesterday caused me to throw a few verbal bricks at my television. I told my wife and son, as I watched the guys start the second half, as flat as Hillary's tits, that we sure didn’t look like the same team that played the first half of the game (90% of the 1st half). I played a lot of football and survived numerous combat missions and recognized the thing that causes teams to lose and military units to not be successful in completing a mission - the total loss of the "sense of urgency". Sorry about the military analogy, but, it's my life experiences that I base most of my opinions on. I got a sick feeling, in my gut, when I witnessed the complete lack of emotion and desire to crush the enemy and secondly, texting a friend, who was at the game and learning that UT was blatantly and successfully intercepting our signals. They knew every play we ran, from the middle of the second quarter, on and which defense was being called, as they were being signaled in to the defense or from upstairs. Our coaches' failure pick up on it all blew my mind. My friend was in a position to watch and hear the UT coaching staff as they relayed the stolen intelligence in to their team and became fighting mad, as he sat there, watching our staff appear clueless to the fact that UT knew everything we were going to do. Later, while watching the game, again, I saw where the TV crew had picked up on UT's covert actions, when they showed a UT coach, with binoculars, relaying the calls our coaches were making down to the UT sideline. Once UT got some momentum, late in the second quarter, from their successful espionage methods and our complete loss of focus, UT realized that our staff was utterly oblivious to their counter intelligence plan and the came out of the locker room with a plan to successfully use it to their advantage, because they knew it was the only way for them to get back in the game. It wouldn't surprise me if they hacked in to our electronic communications; however, they did find a way to steal our signals and to interpret what our coaches were saying on the sideline. A coaching staff, aware of the fact that another loss to UF, especially one like it appeared was about to come to pass, would probably resort to drastic measures in order to save their jobs and status. Our coaches seemed to not have a clue that UT is one of, if not the dirtiest, program in all of sports and allowed an idiotic, microphone loving coach and his staff of misfits, to make them look like fools. Very embarrassing for a program thought to be on the verge of returning to their previous place in the hierarchy of college football and a defense that many touted as the best or one of the best, in the nation.

It will be interesting to see how things play out as the season unfolds. Coach Mac is at that crossroads that every new coach reaches: will he be able to keep the seams from rupturing, as they did after Grier was suspended, last season or will he become one of the great ones in the history of Gator and college football. It's a fact that we have a ways to go: yet, this program is loaded with talent, especially, on the defensive side of the ball. There's no excuse for the smear that was left upon the face of a proud and powerful program. Even if UT used a dirty, unethical way to counter the arse whoopin' that they received in the initial 20 minutes, our coaching staff should have recognized the fact that something was up and they should have exited that locker room, after the half, with the smell of blood freshly on their mind and eager to put an exclamation point on the statement that they appeared to be making to all of those who they claimed were disrespecting their abilities, as individuals and as a team. The conservative play calling (2 passes in the third) being extremely predictable; calling some of the most ridiculous plays, on crucial downs, early in the third; not using Cleveland more; failure to see the importance of a strong special teams unit; failing to recognize that a dirty and desperate program and coaching staff will resort to the lowest of actions to overcome the complete dominance by a hated rival and protecting communication methods and assets from being exploited by the goobers; and MOST OF ALL, FAILING TO PREPARE THEIR TEAM FOR THE COMPLETION OF A MISSION THAT STILL FACED ADVERSITY AND THE ABSOLUTE RESOLVE OF THE ENEMY TO SURVIVE, IN THE FINAL PHASE OF AN ASSAULT THAT HAD SUCCESSFULLY OUT FLANKED AND OVERPOWERED THEIR OPPONENT DURING THE INITIAL PHASE OF THE OPERATION. I compare it to our current state of affairs, in the war on terrorism, in which we initially obliterated the enemy, but, later assumed a philosophy and rules of engagement that forces our guys to fall back to defensive positions, leaving territory that had been successfully secured and allowing the enemy to return and fire devastating shots at locations that they learned, by intercepting communications, were vulnerable, while tying our guys' hands behind their backs. - the latter, causing our guys to lose focus and the killer instinct to finish the job, successfully.

It' a dark day in Gator Country and I can'tell help but feel that things will spiral down the drain, as they did, during the final games last year. I hope this team surprises me and shows that they truly are a TEAM, WILLING TO PUT PERSONAL GOALS AND OBJECTIVES ASIDE TO REGAIN THE MOMENTUM THEY SO EASILY AND COMPLETELY SURRENDERED IN THE SECOND HALF OF YESTERDAY'S CHOKING ON DUCK FEATHERS, WHILE THE TRUCK ROLLED BACKWARDS, OVER THEIR HEADS.

GO GATORS - We still have a chance to make it to Atlanta and finish strong. Don't do what losers do and lay down, surrendering to the human tendency to take the easy road. Coach Mac stated that he is anxious to see how the players will respond. Gator Nation is anxious to see what these coaches are made of.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
GI, it's great to see you again. We were worried about you. How's your health?

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GI, it's great to see you again. We were worried about you. How's your health?

THANKS Ox!

It's been a rough road, but, I seem to find a way to rise from the dust, just as the trumpets are being raised. My wife and Doctors have had me on lockdown , completely away from anything that could cause my blood pressure to rise. I'm about to have my 25th surgery to remove another tumor. Those toxins (the WMD'S that didn't exist) turned out to be worse than the bullet. I refuse to surrender, though. As long as I have the ability to form a thought and have some ammo in my weapon, I'll be moving and shooting . Just be patient if I say something that makes little to no sense. Wait, that's much of what I post.

You guys have done a remarkable job with the site. I recall the humble days of the beginning and to see where it is now, I am proud to see what you all have accomplished. I knew you guys would be successful with it though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
THANKS Ox!

It's been a rough road, but, I seem to find a way to rise from the dust, just as the trumpets are being raised. My wife and Doctors have had me on lockdown , completely away from anything that could cause my blood pressure to rise. I'm about to have my 25th surgery to remove another tumor. Those toxins (the WMD'S that didn't exist) turned out to be worse than the bullet. I refuse to surrender, though. As long as I have the ability to form a thought and have some ammo in my weapon, I'll be moving and shooting . .
Hang tough, soldier. Glad to hear from you.

This site shouldnt bother you much. Pretty much everyone has accepted our fate with yet another terrible coaching hire.

Last edited:

SoberJohn

BANNED
Jul 3, 2015
The Gators lost because Tennessee was, clearly, the better team. The first half was just fool's gold. It wasn't like UF was dominating anywhere but the scoreboard. Tennessee kept shooting themselves in the foot and attempted to give UF the ballgame, but UF isn't good enough to do so against a team that isn't really bad, like the first three foes and the next cupcake, Vandy. How bad Tennessee played in the first half was best exemplified by having a first and goal on the two, and getting zero points.
To blame play calling, or any other coaching decision is ridiculous. It's hard to be successful on offense if you can't block, and Tennessee dominated UF's offensive line in the second half.
UF could have still won, but Tennessee, after not making any plays in the first half, started making them in the second.
The key play in the game, in my opinion, and the one that let Tennessee's players know they COULD make plays, was the fantastic catch made by jumping over Anzalone's back. That, my friends, was when it was all over for UF.
The SEC East looks pretty bad, like last year, so there is still a very good chance for UF to get to Atlanta. There's a very good chance that Tennessee loses to Texas A&M and Alabama. The rest of UF's schedule doesn't look daunting. Georgia and LSU look mediocre, and Arkansas got blown out by Texas A&M.
The bad news is that UF has had only one test this year, and failed miserably. Even Georgia, LSU, etc. are better than the likes of UMass, North Texas, etc. We have no idea if UF is a good team, or a poor one that can only beat the scrubs. I guess we'll learn the answer when the dumpster fire that is LSU come to town.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member

This site shouldnt bother you much. Pretty much has accepted our fate with yet another terrible coaching hire.

Hey Law,

Hope you continue to add a little reality to the mix. Gotta have some check & balance in any endeavor that involves more than 1/2 of a human. You pegged Muscrump early, but, I hope you're wrong this time. Coach Mac is a really private person and handles his program with the same philosophy. He got a reality check yesterday, when he awoke from his halftime nap and realized that his staff had failed him. Also, he has to get a grip on the fact that football in the SEC is brutally competitive, with large amounts of money involved. There are programs that will do anything to get a competitive edge and if a coach doesn't anticipate those things, he'said a fool.

Hopefully, my leash will be released a little at a time, as long as I don't chew my leg off to break free from the chain. So, I hope to chat with you guys more and learn from some of the best in the game.

Hope you have a good week.

Oh, I thought about you about a week ago, after watching a video of two Attorney's who appeared to be involved in a little jury rigging. I'll try to send you the video and see if you have the same opinion as me. ,

This site shouldnt bother you much. Pretty much everyone has accepted our fate with yet another terrible coaching hire.

This site shouldnt bother you much. Pretty much has accepted our fate with yet another terrible coaching hire.

Hey Law,

Hope you continue to add a little reality to the mix. Gotta have some check & balance in any endeavor that involves more than 1/2 of a human. You pegged Muscrump early, but, I hope you'realize wrong this time. Coach Mac is a really private person and handles his program with the same philosophy. He got a reality check yesterday, when he learned that his staff had failed him. Also, he has to get a grip on the fact that football in the SEC is brutally competitive, with large amounts of money involved. There are programs that the will do anything to get a competitive edge - something he should already know, after working for the man who has re-written the book on, "Cheating and How to be Praised for Doing So".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I do hope youre right, John. I do have a feeling Max could be ok with the right staff and that Fooley handcuffed Mac with his Big Lots budget. However, we are in one helluva mess and with even rougher water on the horizon. There is certainly a bigger feeling even amongst the more optimistic that Fooley made yet another poor hire.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.