Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
"Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but (a week ago) we just got our asses kicked, pal!"
Great, ANOTHER one...

bill hudson GIF

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I hate to break the news to you but I don’t see how losing this game to Tennessee in any fashion is going to leave anyone with the feeling that we are getting better. We lost to them last year. If we lose to them again it’s going to leave a bad taste in our mouths and I for one don’t see how that’s getting better. Getting better means winning and not losing.
2003 & 2004. That's the last time we lost two in a row to Tinerc. (The last time we lost three in a row was in the 50's)

RivalFlorida

We got weights in fish!
Aug 30, 2018
Our coach cannot coach worth a crap, but I really need to see a win.

I am flying from out of town with my 2 daughters, I bought 3 row 1 tickets, and spent about $2,500 (including travel) to see this. Since graduating I have never been to a game that the Gators lost. That includes the 2006 NC game in Glendale.

Go Gators!!!

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Our cannot coach worth a crap, but I really need to see a win.

I am flying from out of town with my 2 daughters, I bought 3 row 1 tickets, and spent about $2,500 (including travel) to see this. Since graduating I have never been to a game that the Gators lost. That includes the 2006 NC game in Glendale.

Go Gators!!!

Than on that note, be sure not to miss your flight.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Our coach cannot coach worth a crap
I've noted my issues with the scheme/winning formula concept, but this I disagree with more fundamentally. I think he and his staff "coach" well in the traditional sense of developing basics (ST and punt fielding freshman aside). Look at the tackling improvement as an example.

The problem is I don't think the scheme and plan to win puts us in the best position to win for what our state does best as far as talent. Defense is coming around (though the lack of non-transfer pass rushers is almost impossible to believe over the last 5-8 years), but offensively we are not playing to potential recruiting strengths in Florida and play a system that will lose games even against weaker foes by requiring perfection every drive.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I've noted my issues with the scheme/winning formula concept, but this I disagree with more fundamentally. I think he and his staff "coach" well in the traditional sense of developing basics (ST and punt fielding freshman aside). Look at the tackling improvement as an example.

The problem is I don't think the scheme and plan to win puts us in the best position to win for what our state does best as far as talent. Defense is coming around (though the lack of non-transfer pass rushers is almost impossible to believe over the last 5-8 years), but offensively we are not playing to potential recruiting strengths in Florida and play a system that will lose games even against weaker foes by requiring perfection every drive.
Look... ANOTHER one!
nasVN6G.gif

RivalFlorida

We got weights in fish!
Aug 30, 2018

Fundamentals are the problem.

Horrible play calling, clock mismanagement, no attention to detail, lack of preparation...etc.

We didn't lose to Utah due to lack of talent.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Not going to take the time to look, but scoring offense is a key indicator. If we can get past tennessee, we will be looking good.
Ahh fuche it, I looked. We are 65th in scoring offense with 30 ppg. Not bad. We are 37th in scoring defense, allowing 15.5 ppg. No bad. Adjusting slightly for competition, can we hold Tennessee to 24 or less and score somewhere near our average? I realize games don't work out that way but barring mistakes, turnovers, and other "game changers", we are not out matched going into Saturday's game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator