Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This has been such a great weekend. I am sure more to post, but while waiting for my flight I figured I would surf. Have not checked in on big VOL Daddy in a while. Take a look at this azzhat's cast this morning. Losing may hurt his soul, but it was sure good for UF last night.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
This has been such a great weekend. I am sure more to post, but while waiting for my flight I figured I would surf. Have not checked in on big VOL Daddy in a while. Take a look at this azzhat's cast this morning. Losing may hurt his soul, but it was sure good for UF last night.

That dude lost his right leg from the knee down and just spent 52 days in the hospital. And he still smokes like a chimney. I don't think he's gonna be around much longer.

My first memory of his channel was when Kiffen snuck out of Knoxville. He took his Kiffen jersey, pissed on it, then set it on fire in his front yard. Made me laugh out loud.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Looked like a team that will win 7.

Post game, Mullen and his counterpart failed to acknowledge Napier appears to be digging UF out of the crud hole left by precious staff. Wonder why?
Mullen was pulling hard for the buttchuggers. What do you expect from an asswipe like him?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
A stray thought from last night. Milton is Milton. He can hit amazing deep passes but will also miss open receivers at critical times. And he cannot run.

On the other hand, Mertz has grown tremendously. He’s making better decisions. Accurate & making plays. He’s not looking more than 15-20 yards downfield but hopefully that will come.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looked like a team that will win 7.

Post game, Mullen and his counterpart failed to acknowledge Napier appears to be digging UF out of the crud hole left by previous staff. Wonder why?
Mullet did comment that Mertz had a nice night passing but not a lot of yards.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
If CBN would have called a more aggressive offense in the 2nd half and mistakes or turnovers or not enough time running off would have happened and we lost you guys would be complaining about that. Yes, it’s hard watching a super conservative plan, but it worked. Give him credit when he earns it.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
If CBN would have called a more aggressive offense in the 2nd half and mistakes or turnovers or not enough time running off would have happened and we lost you guys would be complaining about that. Yes, it’s hard watching a super conservative plan, but it worked. Give him credit when he earns it.
I agree with your insight here except for me it's not hard watching a conservative plan. Napier had Tennessee where he wanted them. I really like watching an odds on favorite to win team get the life sucked out of them in the second half when there is nothing they can do about it. I think Heupel tried to call on some ghosts of Tennessee's past when he abandoned the pass and tried to run it down our throats, but Austin Armstrong and the Gator defense was not going to have it.

Milton turned out to be a non factor. Heupel didn't trust him to throw the ball and risking interceptions. Milton could not turn broken plays into gains the way Hendon Hooker could. Napier drained Tennessee in the second half with Etienne eating up the yards and clock. The Vols found out the hard way "there's no easy way out".

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That dude lost his right leg from the knee down and just spent 52 days in the hospital. And he still smokes like a chimney. I don't think he's gonna be around much longer.

My first memory of his channel was when Kiffen snuck out of Knoxville. He took his Kiffen jersey, pissed on it, then set it on fire in his front yard. Made me laugh out loud.

I’ve always enjoyed his stuff because he was so realistic and truly suffered like a true fan.

I don’t know if it’s the health issues or just time passing but he seems to have lost any sense of logic now. He rips the quality of the team to include questioning their chances against UTSA right after listing Tennessee as one of four teams that can win the SEC this season.

I think he’s really struggling

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I agree. TN fans are saying their coaches figured us out and "won the 2nd half" while most Florida fans are saying we didn't play well in the 2nd half but I commented, in game, that CBN had already converted to the conservative strategy with the point differential and lead and wanted to run the ball, limit turnovers and kill the clock.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I agree. TN fans are saying their coaches figured us out and "won the 2nd half" while most Florida fans are saying we didn't play well in the 2nd half but I commented, in game, that CBN had already converted to the conservative strategy with the point differential and lead and wanted to run the ball, limit turnovers and kill the clock.
No…it was the refs that we paid off. Just ask 90% of the butt-chuggers if you need confirmation.
200.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't give two sh!ts what UT fans are saying about the game. We dismiss them and move on, as usual.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I commend you for taking the initiative.

I doubt anyone else cares but would it be possible to have you send another email regarding the softball games?
You wouldn’t believe the vile crap that passes for music at those games and they don’t seem to have a bleeper handy either.
Not exactly the kind of respect for women that UF touts.
I’ll shut up now.

As I said, no idea if it was the email that had any impact at all. And certainly had to have been many others if so. But it was a welcome change. And just to show that it’s not about the Swamp being a bunch of sticks in the mud, when they played All I do is Win at the finale, the whole place loved it and was engaged. It just has to be balanced and in the right moments, not nonstop in Q1.

As for the email about the softball games, you got it. I’ll dm you my fee schedule.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Just watched ESPN stream of the game… it ended when they THOUGHT the game was over before they realized there was a turnover on downs after offsetting penalties with the hit on Mertz and scuffle.

For those that watched live, did they not show Tennessee having to run the actual final play after they cleared the field?

If no, here is what happened after ESPN said it was final, goodnight, and cut away..

we got a personal foul for the scrum after their PF for hitting Mertz. Those are offsetting and resulted in a turnover on downs. Took about 15 minutes to clear the field and get teams back out. Put 4 seconds back on clock, Tennessee had to snap ball one last time. That’s how the game actually ended

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.