Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Just watched ESPN stream of the game… it ended when they THOUGHT the game was over before they realized there was a turnover on downs after offsetting penalties with the hit on Mertz and scuffle.

For those that watched live, did they not show Tennessee having to run the actual final play after they cleared the field?

If no, here is what happened after ESPN said it was final, goodnight, and cut away..

we got a personal foul for the scrum after their PF for hitting Mertz. Those are offsetting and resulted in a turnover on downs. Took about 15 minutes to clear the field and get teams back out. Put 4 seconds back on clock, Tennessee had to snap ball one last time. That’s how the game actually ended
I said the TO after was idiotic and Urban Meyer like self mocking. Had no idea it was this fantastic that their defeated players needed to put gear back on, to go back into the swamp where all their fans had left to take a losers bow.

Love it! Did they just kneel?

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Just watched ESPN stream of the game… it ended when they THOUGHT the game was over before they realized there was a turnover on downs after offsetting penalties with the hit on Mertz and scuffle.

For those that watched live, did they not show Tennessee having to run the actual final play after they cleared the field?

If no, here is what happened after ESPN said it was final, goodnight, and cut away..

we got a personal foul for the scrum after their PF for hitting Mertz. Those are offsetting and resulted in a turnover on downs. Took about 15 minutes to clear the field and get teams back out. Put 4 seconds back on clock, Tennessee had to snap ball one last time. That’s how the game actually ended
ESPN was creaming their pants trying to get away to Deion as fast as humanly possible. I was streaming ESPN and had no idea there was another play. Did they try to score or just take a knee?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I said the TO after was idiotic and Urban Meyer like self mocking. Had no idea it was this fantastic that their defeated players needed to put gear back on, to go back into the swamp where all their fans had left to take a losers bow.

Love it! Did they just kneel?
Yes, just took the snap and knelt, no issues.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
1e52a9caeebf814bed991335548e64cc.jpg

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Did I hear right that they called the hit on Mertz targeting?
That makes more sense.. If you watch the play, when he was hit his knee wasn't down yet.. He was hit pretty high so targeting most likely the call..
Which means 21 would be out the first half of the next game..

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
That makes more sense.. If you watch the play, when he was hit his knee wasn't down yet.. He was hit pretty high so targeting most likely the call..
Which means 21 would be out the first half of the next game..
Thats why I was asking about it. I thought in one of the replays that included the scuffle that they said targeting. Wanted to know if anyone else had heard the same.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Why did he call it. Game was over. Just being a dik?

Not really defending JH here, but I’ve seen coaches do this before and explain it afterward as not wanting to give the perception of having asked a team to not quit all game, no matter how bleak it looks, and then ultimately quitting themselves. It makes sense to a degree. In retrospect, and I would be shocked to hear Napier admit this, we probably would been better served just punting there. Taking a knee with almost no chance of actually killing the clock really doesn’t make sense there and opened up the possibility of a brawl. I thought both coaches did a pretty good job of not letting it spiral. That said, the review in that moment of targeting and the delays it caused were ridiculous. Just end the game.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This has been such a great weekend. I am sure more to post, but while waiting for my flight I figured I would surf. Have not checked in on big VOL Daddy in a while. Take a look at this azzhat's cast this morning. Losing may hurt his soul, but it was sure good for UF last night.

What medical issues does BVD have? He looks healthy as a horse.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Took my son to his 1st game tonight. Hell of crowd. We had ball. I'll give Napier credit. I thought he called a good game the 1st half. For the 1st time this year we were throwing at the sticks . And I think the defense is just gonna get better and better

Incredible debut.

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014

Was this after the handshake where JH apologized to Nape? Was it before or after the Florida players sang the alma mater? Reason I ask is because it sounds like Florida was already back to the locker room.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Nice backhanded compliment. :rolleyes3:

This team is winning more than 7 games.
If CBN would have called a more aggressive offense in the 2nd half and mistakes or turnovers or not enough time running off would have happened and we lost you guys would be complaining about that. Yes, it’s hard watching a super conservative plan, but it worked. Give him credit when he earns it.
It brought the 1996 game in Knoxiousville to mind, when we ran up a 35-0 lead then won 35-29 after a so-what TD by Ut at the very end. Very different circumstances, but it was odd to have that NC team not score in a half.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good read on the Viles. Got home yesterday and it's like someone's Grandpa died. LMAO

1695040268155.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator