Game Thread ***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs Tennessee***

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I do think the signifigance of the rivalries will be more prominent for the players as their careers progress. Let's face it, this team is soooooo young they'll have to be educated to it as well. I think Saturday that is a huge step in the process.

From reading some of the bio stuff on AA, he no doubt knows UF. Hell anyone who dresses up as Spurrier for Halloween has got to know a good bit on him and his teams. I'll take it. No doubt that Armstrong doesn't have an issue getting fired up. I really have a good feeling about his defense this week. As someone mentioned earlier in the week, I am ready for them (the D) to go Alex Brown all over Milton's azz.
As a kid, AA dressed up as Spurrier for Halloween ...in ALABAMA no less!
:bananadance2:

Last edited:

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
First home game in years fellas….any of you guys have tips on best places to park? I don’t really want to drive to Oaks Mall or Celebration Pointe just to pay 30 bucks for a shuttle if there are some public lots closer to campus for same pric premier site early enough by very early Saturday morning and you should be golden
What are your keys to the game?

Seems clear:
1) OL
2) Defense
3) Napier and staff ready for crowded box

Park early Sat on campus, you’ll be fine. Clear 3 - 2 then 1 priorities

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
First home game in years fellas….any of you guys have tips on best places to park? I don’t really want to drive to Oaks Mall or Celebration Pointe just to pay 30 bucks for a shuttle if there are some public lots closer to campus for same price
Shands. It’s free and a 20 minute walk to and from the stadium

Lucius

Jan 25, 2023
Let's hope with Eguakun back, the OL gets more consistent push. Averaging 4.5 YPC vs 3.5 YPC can make a world of difference in staying on the field.

Would like to force at least 2 turnovers, which is very possible with Joe Milton's accuracy issues and some showing out by capable Gator DBs.

I doubt UF scores more than one FG with the current kicking game. :lol:

With a balanced offense (>200 yards rushing, >200 yards passing), a final score of UF 31-23 TEN is within reach. (14 UF points off turnovers).

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Who on this team HATES losing?

Late last fall I heard a long interview with Anthony and Princely. They sounded like really nice guys, fun, relaxed etc.. Then they lost their remaining games. I don’t recall anyone seeming very mad or upset or embarrassed about it. (Correct me if I’m missing or forgetting examples.)

Getting your assignment right is important. Wanting to prove yourself is really good. But the great ones HATE losing. The hardest part about winning is that last 1/2” that’s the difference between a defended pass or a TD, or getting/stopping a key 3rd or 4th down because you HATE losing. And you’d better HATE losing to rivals.

I think James HATES losing. Who else?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

Late last fall I heard a long interview with Anthony and Princely. They sounded like really nice guys, fun, relaxed etc.. Then they lost their remaining games. I don’t recall anyone seeming very mad or upset or embarrassed about it. (Correct me if I’m missing or forgetting examples.)

Getting your assignment right is important. Wanting to prove yourself is really good. But the great ones HATE losing. The hardest part about winning is that last 1/2” that’s the difference between a defended pass or a TD, or getting/stopping a key 3rd or 4th down because you HATE losing. And you’d better HATE losing to rivals.

Who's James?

Mgnihilo

Founding Member
South Carolina Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love Rocky Top. It sounds like...... Victory!

UT games have been happening my birthday weekends for a long time. Been a good run. Let's repeat this one.

I got kicked out late in 2nd Q but snuck back in to watch us reel off 48.

1995: Second half rain​

For the third time in five seasons, the No. 8 Vols and No. 4 Gators were both undefeated and ranked in the top ten coming into their annual contest. The squads featured talented young quarterbacks in UT sophomore Peyton Manning and UF junior Danny Wuerffel, and many pregame prognosticators accurately predicted an offense shootout, with Sports Illustrated planning on putting Manning on the cover of their magazine the week after the game.

The Vols struck quickly. On the first play from scrimmage, Manning connected with receiver Joey Kent for a 72-yard gain. On the next play, Manning threw a touchdown pass to Marcus Nash, giving UT a 7–0 lead only 15 seconds into the game.[42] After another Manning touchdown pass and two Gator turnovers, the Vols held a 30–14 advantage late in the second quarter in front of a stunned Florida Field crowd.[43] Wuerffel led the Gators to an answering score, cutting the lead to 30–21 with a touchdown pass in the last minute of the first half. That would be the beginning of a historic run, as Florida scored 48 straight points despite a torrential second half downpour and won in a 62–37 rout. Many records were broken in the game: Wuerffel threw an SEC record six touchdown passes; Tennessee set school records for most points scored in a loss and most points given up in the modern era.[42][43] After the game, Sports Illustrated chose to put Wuerffel on its cover instead of Manning.[44]

Florida would go 12–0 through the regular season and the SEC Championship Game and played for the national championship in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl, losing in a blowout to Nebraska. Tennessee would not lose another game all season, finishing 11–1 after a Citrus Bowl victory over Ohio State. The schools finished No. 2 and No. 3 in the final polls, with the AP Poll placing the Gators ahead and the Coaches' Poll reversing the order.[45][46]

The Coaches' Poll was another cause of controversy. Two coaches had voted the Gators out of their top ten, allowing the Vols to slip above them in the final rankings. Since the ballots were submitted secretly, the coaches in question were never identified, but some in the UF program suggested that UT's coach Fulmer had purposely skewed his ballot to improve his team's ranking at the expense of their rival. Fulmer insisted that he had not voted Florida out of his top ten, but did admit that he had ranked them behind his own team.[47]
I was at that game. Funnest game I've ever been to. I'll never forget that downpour. I lived about 3 miles off campus and had ridden my bike. I don't know if I've ever been so wet.

It was also the game that got the away team fans moved. They used to be behind the away team bench right in front of the student section (smart, right??). It rained so hard and so fast that everybody filled their plastic souvenir cups with water. Students started chucking them down on the Tennessee fans. I was sitting right in the front of the student section and remember hundreds of those cups flying over my head and down on the fans below. Soon after that the opposing fans got moved to the corner of the north end zone. It was crazy.

Last edited:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
First home game in years fellas….any of you guys have tips on best places to park? I don’t really want to drive to Oaks Mall or Celebration Pointe just to pay 30 bucks for a shuttle if there are some public lots closer to campus for same price
If you park up near Eglin AFB you can hop on one of those mysterious black helicopters the gubmint is running for a ride straight into gville. Deet uses them all the time.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

I’m pretty sure everyone on the team, including Billy, LOVES losing. It was like a party in the locker room after the Utah game.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I’m pretty sure everyone on the team, including Billy, LOVES losing. It was like a party in the locker room after the Utah game.
I’m thinking about the Tebow, Spikes, & Siler types who infect/lead a team with extra urgency and effort all year and especially in season. I’m not saying we don’t have them, just wondering who else our elite GC posters might identify.

gat0rjay

Sep 7, 2014
Shands. It’s free and a 20 minute walk to and from the stadium
Yeah, I haven't been in ages, but used to park anywhere along Mowry. It was free and an easy enough walk to the stadium. I know in recent(ish) years they've built that area up a lot, so not sure if that's still feasible to park on the grass there or not...

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Who's James?

C3bbHLyVcAEYGZ_

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Yeah, I haven't been in ages, but used to park anywhere along Mowry. It was free and an easy enough walk to the stadium. I know in recent(ish) years they've built that area up a lot, so not sure if that's still feasible to park on the grass there or not...
I normally found parking on 8th st and walked from there. I have paid to park in yards too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.