Official GCMB Beer Aficionado Thread

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
MJMGator;n251739 said:
All you fancy shmancy beer drinkers kill me. Beer was for highschool because you couldn't afford or handle anything else. Now you're drinking beer that sounds like a salad or desert? Grow the **** up and drink some whiskey, boys!

Why not drink it all?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
MJMGator;n251739 said:
All you fancy shmancy beer drinkers kill me. Beer was for highschool because you couldn't afford or handle anything else. Now you're drinking beer that sounds like a salad or desert? Grow the **** up and drink some whiskey, boys!

Oh - and I forwarded your message to this guy:

Celebrate_Clint_Eastwood_Birthday_With_His_8_Manliest_Life_Moments_1306814921.jpg

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I brew beer as well. When I'm not busy with work I try to do things that I really enjoy that allow me to be creative and be a solid host. As most of you know I live in Knoxville these days. Nothing helps curb the feelings of UT fans knowing they are going to get their asses kicked like showing up with a fresh keg of beer and/or a big brisket. I've brewed much longer than I have smoked (9 years and 1 year, respectively). I brewed all the beer for my wedding and have two weddings coming up in Nashville that me and a friend are brewing for. If you haven't brewed your own I would highly recommend it. Nothing like getting the roration down to where you are brewing a batch of your beer while drinking another.

Dec 10, 2014
Ray Finkle;n251732 said:
Had it. Waste of $14 or whatever the price tag was. Bacon is only good in its real form. Over did the smokey grains imo.

Your mom had it too

Attachments

• conv_3854.jpeg
    conv_3854.jpeg
    76.1 KB · Views: 89

Gatorhunter

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;251691 said:
I finally had one yesterday on draft at Red Robin it was like $6.50. Looked like cloudy pissss. I was afraid it would taste like that nasty Blue Moon but it was very good. Is it always that expensive on draft. At Piesanos it was $6.

No. I drank a bunch of them last weekend at cedar key for maybe $4 each

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n251271 said:
I don't think Ive ever seen a thread dedicated to quality brews so let's start one. Rules are simple and short. Post about your favorite craft beers. Anything from a microbrewery, anything foreign or imported, anything unique. No budweiser or coors light posts please, this is a thread for quality craft beer selections.

My gold standard list would contain (but not be limited to) the following:
  • Southern Tier - double IPA, creme brule, black IPA, pum king, etc.
  • Terrapin - Hopzilla, hopsecutioner
  • Stone - their signature IPA, arrogant bastard, etc.
  • Bells - 2 hearted among others
  • Dogfish Head - too many to list
  • New Glarus - spotted cow among others
  • New Belgium - Fat Tire
  • Kona - Fire Rock, longboard
  • Big eye - a few good ones
  • Innis and Gunn - a couple of very fine selections, all infused with bourbon/whiskey
As you can tell I'm an IPA guy, the hoppier and higher abv content, the better. So what are some of your favorites?

Kona is partially owned by InBev. http://vinepair.com/features/external/companies-that-make-your-beer-map.png

I love me some good American Craft Beer. I'm just now getting to where I'm trying some IPA's, but only because of the heat. I've tried a bunch of the seasonal stuff, porters, stouts, etc. I used to really like Cigar City but they've been having some QC issues lately. I've tried a lot of beer, but not near enough. I'll be happy to help if anyone is looking for beers to try.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Ray Finkle;n251770 said:
Well if she was $14 I would spend it. Even if she was my mom.
my grandma (from east tennessee made home brew.......my dad at UF in the early fifties said it was the best he ever drank and it was potent. My favorite beers as a young man were the old regular michelob and Andeker. I dont see either much never the Andeker.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
To recap some of the things said in this thread:

1. GTFO with that Mich Ultra BS.

2. Well's Banana Bread Beer is delicious with a capital YUM.

3. Whiskey is a fantastic substitute for suds, especially Jameson Black Barrel.

4. While Schofferhoffer Grapefruit is surprisingly good, Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier is the pinnacle of beer perfection.

5. IPAs are still the grossest thing since sh*t sandwiches.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n251847 said:
I'm beginning to think the marriage to SQ is a cover. Its a good beer, but I've heard gay guys make fun of this kind of statement

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n251458 said:
Let it just put it this way to you, bro, did The Bandit drive across the country to smuggle Coors Light?

Hellz no.

What does Coors Lite have in common with having sex in a canoe?

They are both ****ing close to water.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n251732 said:
Had it. Waste of $14 or whatever the price tag was. Bacon is only good in its real form. Over did the smokey grains imo.

Had it too. Undrinkable. Too much maple.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n251847 said:
To recap some of the things said in this thread:

1. GTFO with that Mich Ultra BS.

3. Whiskey is a fantastic substitute for suds, especially Jameson Black Barrel.

4. While Schofferhoffer Grapefruit is surprisingly good, Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier is the pinnacle of beer perfection.

5. IPAs are still the grossest thing since sh*t sandwiches.

When your testicles drop you'll stop drinking sissy foo foo banana drinks and you'll acquire a taste for the IPAs.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
gardnerwebbgator;n251451 said:
I love Fat Tire. Locally up here, Olde Mecklenburg Brewery in Charlotte (QCG can likely verify without starting a poll) is really a first-class outfit, and their best brew IMHO is their Copper Ale. Very tasty and very easy to drink.

11015576_1088472084512310_1072027670_n.jpg

:headshake:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.