Official GCMB Beer Aficionado Thread

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n251955 said:
Well for Christ's sake, what was his beer of choice?

images

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n251948 said:
When your testicles drop you'll stop drinking sissy foo foo banana drinks and you'll acquire a taste for the IPAs.

I'll drink any kind of beer you want to throw at me, but IPAs taste like straight urine. And not just any urine. We're talking the kind that comes out of a rhino inflicted with chlamydia that's been sitting in the African sun around a pile of elephant sh*t.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Ray Finkle;n251757 said:
I brew beer as well. When I'm not busy with work I try to do things that I really enjoy that allow me to be creative and be a solid host. As most of you know I live in Knoxville these days. Nothing helps curb the feelings of UT fans knowing they are going to get their asses kicked like showing up with a fresh keg of beer and/or a big brisket. I've brewed much longer than I have smoked (9 years and 1 year, respectively). I brewed all the beer for my wedding and have two weddings coming up in Nashville that me and a friend are brewing for. If you haven't brewed your own I would highly recommend it. Nothing like getting the roration down to where you are brewing a batch of your beer while drinking another.

And Ray - if you're ever in the Nashville area let me know. I'd love to try some of that home brew.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Back in 2007, I had the pleasure of going to the GABF in Denver. What a variety of beers. I stood in the Sam Adams line about ten times in order to keep getting Utopias 2007 samples. Almost 26% ABV and, at the time, supposedly the world's strongest beer. No carbonation, very thick and sweet. I stumbled out of the convention center...

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Phineus Maximus;n252101 said:
Back in 2007, I had the pleasure of going to th GABF in Denver. What a variety of beers. I stood in the Sam Adams line about ten times in order to keep getting Utopias 2007 samples. Almost 26% ABV and, at the time, supposedly the world's strongest beer. No carbonation, very thick and sweet. I stumbled out of the convention center...

please tell me you were wearing that outfit in your avatar

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n251722 said:
If you want to knock your dick in the dirt .... Bacon Maple beer:

Bro, my buddy owns a liquor store in tampa and sent me one of those for my bday, wow, it tastes like bacon, and you aint finishing the bottle without getting tilt.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Rogue and Cigar City are definitely quality, didnt come to mind as I was posting but theyd be up there on my gold standard list as well.

SAS, why are you so angry about anything that isn't your preference? Disagreeing or plainly stating your preference for something else is never enough, youve got to break out the pitch fork and burn the motha down unless shes on board with your opinion. So Angry :lol:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Durty South Swamp;n252114 said:
Rogue and Cigar City are definitely quality, didnt come to mind as I was posting but theyd be up there on my gold standard list as well.

SAS, why are you so angry about anything that isn't your preference? Disagreeing or plainly stating your preference for something else is never enough, youve got to break out the pitch fork and burn the motha down unless shes on board with your opinion. So Angry :lol:

SAS ain't angry Durty, he's just preaching the gospel. IPAs are pretty much Satan's urine 😉 but if you like them then I'm cool with that.
How much ABV was in that maple bacon beer by the way?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n252120 said:
SAS ain't angry Durty, he's just preaching the gospel. IPAs are pretty much Satan's urine 😉 but if you like them then I'm cool with that.

What this guy said. I don't get the love for IPAs. I feel like they just got big a few years back and now everyone has to say they like them or be shunned by the "beer snob" crowd. I am a beer snob, and those things are just awful.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;252120 said:

IPA's are yak piss. And what's funny is back 5-10 years ago I really didn't mind them.

Dec 10, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n252138 said:
What this guy said. I don't get the love for IPAs. I feel like they just got big a few years back and now everyone has to say they like them or be shunned by the "beer snob" crowd. I am a beer snob, and those things are just awful.

:clap:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n252152 said:
IPA's are yak piss. And what's funny is back 5-10 years ago I really didn't mind them.

I'll even freely admit that I can drink the occasional IPA that doesn't taste like an entire field of hops ended up in the glass by accident. I don't mind a little hop flavor in my beer. But don't make it the only thing you taste.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
had a Founder's Dirty Bastard tonight......nice malty beer.

if you like imperial stouts, this one is damn fine
beer_160114.jpg

Dec 10, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n251975 said:
We're talking the kind that comes out of a rhino inflicted with chlamydia that's been sitting in the African sun around a pile of elephant sh*t.

that's basically a description of jenkem

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n252108 said:
please tell me you were wearing that outfit in your avatar

Nope. I didn't become a Fin Head until 3 or 4 years ago.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Am I the only one that likes Bud Light Lime? I didn't bother to go through the entire thread.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not a big fan of the boutique beers or beers with fruity accents. I was at a bar the other day and the bartender went on and on about how I should try this certain beer so I relented. Just as I figured it would, it tasted like the water left over from boiling old socks. Disgusting.

I'll stick with a good lager like Yuengling or Rolling Rock.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fat Tire and Yuengling are the only beers that I like so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator