Official GCMB Beer Aficionado Thread

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks Alex! I was sort of kidding and figured due to the time lapse since your last responses to other posts figured you just blew mine off. It's fun to rehash old conquests and adventures. I have my share as well as do many others on GCMB.
Since you shared yours I'll share one of mine...
I met a gorgeous blonde haired beauty with a competitive swimmers body (cuz she was one) on a Friday night in a little country dance joint named Carlie's somewhere around Seminole/Largo area in Pinellas County. She was with her sister who lives in the area and was showing her a good time for her final night of vacation. The next day she was going home to Delaware. We ended up rolling around on her sisters living room floor and couch until the sun came up and I slipped out and headed home before her sister woke up. Her sister had moved down to Florida with her boyfriend the car salesman. I was getting ready to move to North Carolina and so we exchanged numbers and kept in touch for a while but things didn't quite work out as planned.
Fast forward 3-4 years and I have met my future wife while on vacation in Ocean City Maryland and have moved to Delaware. Never gave it much thought about what happened to my one night of bliss.
I am now working the wholesale counter of a Ford dealership and am sitting there shooting the $h!t with some of the guys when it is time to flip the calendar to the next month. I turn the page and my eyes practically pop out. It is the spitting image of my blonde hair beauty. I exclaim out loud that I once did the deed with a woman that looked like the calendar girl and she was from Delaware. My buddy asks her name and when I told him he literally fell out of his chair. Quickly got up and made a phone call to the girl in charge of all our warranty paperwork. Asks her if her sister had a one night stand while visiting her on vacation a few years back. She of course says yes and he explains that it is me who has known her for a couple years and just never put two and two together. Crazy stuff. Needless to say the next time her sister stopped by for a visit she called me upstairs and we had a chat and a good laugh. We were both engaged and happy but oh what could have been. Ooowheee

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n252689 said:
It's a really cool place - one of several on the Oregon coast. Rogue also has a pub in downtown Newport - we went on a brewery tour a few years ago starting in Astoria (NW Oregon) and 6 breweries later we ended up at the Rogue (downtown) where we had reserved one of their apartments directly above the pub. I had to crawl up the steps to get to the room. Woke up with a massive hangover and went and played golf - good thing we had a growler of Imperial Pelican Ale from Pelican brewing in Pacific City, OR - check this place out!

pelican-sunset.jpg

Been there. It's awesome. (Can you tell I lived in OR for a few years).

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
bradgator2;n253211 said:
Been there. It's awesome. (Can you tell I lived in OR for a few years).

Wow - that is beautiful.
Except that big rock in the water is obstructing the view... maybe they could get that removed.

Did not know you could drive on their beaches - ala Daytona.
I'm surprised Oregonians allow that.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n253274 said:
Wow - that is beautiful.
Except that big rock in the water is obstructing the view... maybe they could get that removed.

Did not know you could drive on their beaches - ala Daytona.
I'm surprised Oregonians allow that.
Oregon is an interesting place - they don't follow the norm, that's for sure. You can't even pump your own gas there!

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n253290 said:
Oregon is an interesting place - they don't follow the norm, that's for sure. You can't even pump your own gas there!
I found that out during a few business trips to Portland/Eugene...did not like that

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n253293 said:
I found that out during a few business trips to Portland/Eugene...did not like that

Same thing at New Jersey gas stations - and quite honestly, I'd rather stay in my car in New Jersey.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatordiddy;n253297 said:
Same thing at New Jersey gas stations - and quite honestly, I'd rather stay in my car in New Jersey.
Yep found that out too and while i would rather stay in my car in New Jersey as well i rarely have any cash on me and i feel like i have to tip and then i can't

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n253299 said:
Yep found that out too and while i would rather stay in my car in New Jersey as well i rarely have any cash on me and i feel like i have to tip and then i can't

Here's a tip you can give them:

"Hey - move out of this hell hole of a state"
And - "Stay in school, don't do drugs either".

They really like that life advice in New Jersey.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n253290 said:

Yep. What's funny is if you go to WA or Idaho and you fill you up.... there is almost always some Oregonian staring at the pump not knowing what to do.

Bart... ever visited any of the McMenamins Breweries? Those places are freaking awesome. They usually take some old, historic building... and turn it into a brew-pub.
http://www.mcmenamins.com/Pubs

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
bradgator2;n253350 said:
Yep. What's funny is if you go to WA or Idaho and you fill you up.... there is almost always some Oregonian staring at the pump not knowing what to do.

Bart... ever visited any of the McMenamins Breweries? Those places are freaking awesome. They usually take some old, historic building... and turn it into a brew-pub.
http://www.mcmenamins.com/Pubs
Been to the Kennedy School. It's pretty cool how they take old places like churches, theaters and schools and turn them into pubs. Their beer is so-so on the whole - wish it were better.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When I was in college, this was the end of pay period go-to.

th

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n253396 said:
When I was in college, this was the end of pay period go-to.

th
LOL, I have a buddy that I work with who turned 50 last month and he used to always drink cheap beer b/c hes a penny pincher. For years Keystone Light was his bev of choice. At any rate, his cheapness and cheap beer drinking ways became a topic of watercooler ridicule in the office years ago and still is to this day, however, it wasnt long before ribbing him over stones wasnt good enough and another office friend began claiming he was a maesterbrau man. He still says it to this day and my it drives my friend crazy anytime anyone says anything about maesterbrau :lol:

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n253398 said:
LOL, I have a buddy that I work with who turned 50 last month and he used to always drink cheap beer b/c hes a penny pincher. For years Keystone Light was his bev of choice. At any rate, his cheapness and cheap beer drinking ways became a topic of watercooler ridicule in the office years ago and still is to this day, however, it wasnt long before ribbing him over stones wasnt good enough and another office friend began claiming he was a maesterbrau man. He still says it to this day and my it drives my friend crazy anytime anyone says anything about maesterbrau :lol:

It's (or was?) cheap, and terrible, but it did the job. Day before payday, we could always scrape up enough for a case of "Mister Brew" as we called it.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n253299 said:

In Oregon, tipping isn't allowed. It's their way of creating jobs. However, you have to bag your own groceries. :lol:

Dec 10, 2014
Delg8tor;n253029 said:
Thanks Alex! I was sort of kidding and figured due to the time lapse since your last responses to other posts figured you just blew mine off. It's fun to rehash old conquests and adventures. I have my share as well as do many others on GCMB.
Since you shared yours I'll share one of mine...
I met a gorgeous blonde haired beauty with a competitive swimmers body (cuz she was one) on a Friday night in a little country dance joint named Carlie's somewhere around Seminole/Largo area in Pinellas County. She was with her sister who lives in the area and was showing her a good time for her final night of vacation. The next day she was going home to Delaware. We ended up rolling around on her sisters living room floor and couch until the sun came up and I slipped out and headed home before her sister woke up. Her sister had moved down to Florida with her boyfriend the car salesman. I was getting ready to move to North Carolina and so we exchanged numbers and kept in touch for a while but things didn't quite work out as planned.
Fast forward 3-4 years and I have met my future wife while on vacation in Ocean City Maryland and have moved to Delaware. Never gave it much thought about what happened to my one night of bliss.
I am now working the wholesale counter of a Ford dealership and am sitting there shooting the $h!t with some of the guys when it is time to flip the calendar to the next month. I turn the page and my eyes practically pop out. It is the spitting image of my blonde hair beauty. I exclaim out loud that I once did the deed with a woman that looked like the calendar girl and she was from Delaware. My buddy asks her name and when I told him he literally fell out of his chair. Quickly got up and made a phone call to the girl in charge of all our warranty paperwork. Asks her if her sister had a one night stand while visiting her on vacation a few years back. She of course says yes and he explains that it is me who has known her for a couple years and just never put two and two together. Crazy stuff. Needless to say the next time her sister stopped by for a visit she called me upstairs and we had a chat and a good laugh. We were both engaged and happy but oh what could have been. Ooowheee

I couldn't romanticize any of my one-night stands like you did.

But I will tell you how almost all of them ended. Me leaving some apartment that looks like every other apartment in an apartment complex that looked like every other complex. Being half drunk and half on cloud nine. Too early to drink a celebration beer, and too late not to. Drive home with a little celebration music (maybe some CCR/maybe some Biggie), and usually (but not always) hoping I wasn't stupid enough to exchange numbers.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n253578 said:
I drink cheap beer and after the first 6/7 it doesn't matter.

i don't think that qualifies as an aficionado....maybe we need a ruling

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
alcoholica;n253776 said:
i don't think that qualifies as an aficionado....maybe we need a ruling

srxi1C3 lkWQYCkefo KZo2JnFCkJroA1P2AMpiUMR46ph6CQMA4NiCuODJ1MM3hAEAUBGIC55MPXwjrAMAKgKRxROEbADAmwLilyeI wCANwUEOE8gDACANwUEOAAAAAQIAwAAAAKEAQAAAAHCAAAAgABhAAAAQIAwAAAAIEAYAAAAECAMAAAACP8P5uzA5 FjYycAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

I'm not sensing a lot of enthusiasm in Turk's post.

Durty started this thread - maybe he should hand down said judgement.

Attachments

• conv_3916.PNG
    conv_3916.PNG
    4.8 KB · Views: 160

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.