*** Official Jacksonville @ New England AFC Championship Game Thread***

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Two plays that stood out to me....first was getting a first down in FG range in the 2nd quarter called back by delay of game...that was a close one. Took points off the board. Other play was letting them get 3rd and 18 before the end of the half.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One play changed everything in my view. Second-and -11 from the Jags' 9 with 5:23 remaining. Bortles had a man open down the left sideline and hesitated rather than fling it. Even throwing late, which allowed the NE secondary time to recover, the pass could have connected had the receiver been led. I'm gonna guess a 20- to 25-yard gain, maybe more.

Instead, it was third-and-11, not a good situation for the Jags. The Pats brought the heat and Bortles threw the ball into the turf.

Done.

You make that one play and the Pats don't get a short punt and take possession inside Jax territory with Brady smelling blood. I realize you can probably identify any one of six plays as critical to the outcome, but to me this one stood out.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Way too predictable playcalling..run run pass. Tried to hold onto that ten point lead.

Did not work.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Bortles played well, we got way to conservative with the O play calling in the second half.

This triggered my PTSD resulting from the Muschamp era.

3a356016a235eff8d434d05afcf6dcdc.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
All these people crying about the refs and saying NFL is fixed are ridiculous. Damn snowflakes.

You want to know why the jags lost this game? Because the coaching staff muschamped the end of this game and they’re playing against the greatest quarterback to ever play the game. If they didn’t take their foot off the throttle they would have won this game.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
All these people crying about the refs and saying NFL is fixed are ridiculous. Damn snowflakes.

You want to know why the jags lost this game? Because the coaching staff muschamped the end of this game and they’re playing against the greatest quarterback to ever play the game. If they didn’t take their foot off the throttle they would have won this game.

We should have won regardless if our OC didn’t go Nuss on us. But you also can’t deny it was called one sided. It is what it is.

Just like how Bama gets away with murder, Pats get same treatment.

Still should have won doe

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Jags choked it away in the second half. Just wanted the clock to run out instead of trying to extend their advantage.

I thought the two penalties back to back in the first half on the Gronk play and the PI play were total NFL bullshyt let's keep the Pat's in the game calls. On the Gronk play the defensive player led with his shoulder and the side of his head; if that's a penalty how the fvvk else are you supposed to make a tackle without being called for a penalty? Total BS. The PI call was made after the receiver had been ridden out of fvvking bounds! Oh well. The Jags had their chances in the second half and made zero adjustments. They were so close.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Everybody pointing to penalties. LOL.

That’s only what people who lose always do. Don’t be one of those people.

I didn’t see anything in the game where there was a monumental change by a non-call. Not like the swindle in the swamp.

If the defense doesn’t have the stupid illegal hit on Gronk. Or the following giant PI call then they probably win the game. Disciplined players don’t make stupid penalties.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

Agreed. All 6 calls on the Jags were legit. I thought the Pats got away with a handful of calls that sure seemed like they would’ve been called on anyone else, especially the missed defensive holding as Lewis was coming across the formation on 3rd down in the fourth quarter. That said, Muschamping is what lost that game. NFL coaches are so smart but they sure do get stupid when they have a lead against a superstar QB.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jags choked it away in the second half. Just wanted the clock to run out instead of trying to extend their advantage.

I thought the two penalties back to back in the first half on the Gronk play and the PI play were total NFL bullshyt let's keep the Pat's in the game calls. On the Gronk play the defensive player led with his shoulder and the side of his head; if that's a penalty how the fvvk else are you supposed to make a tackle without being called for a penalty? Total BS. The PI call was made after the receiver had been ridden out of fvvking bounds! Oh well. The Jags had their chances in the second half and made zero adjustments. They were so close.

Retarded.

He hit Gronk helmet to helmet. You don’t think that should’ve been a penalty? That’s not even debatable.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

I won’t argue that the penalties were one sided. That said... unless I just don’t understand the rule book, riding the WR out of bounds while the ball is in the air is PI. If it’s not, it should be.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Everybody pointing to penalties. LOL.

That’s only what people who lose always do. Don’t be one of those people.

I didn’t see anything in the game where there was a monumental change by a non-call. Not like the swindle in the swamp.

If the defense doesn’t have the stupid illegal hit on Gronk. Or the following giant PI call then they probably win the game. Disciplined players don’t make stupid penalties.

Jags blew it. Refs still sucked. End of story.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I gave up on any hope of the dolphins being any good as long as Brady’s in NE.

He may be there another 5 years.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Tebow Curse.
Which curse is that? Broncos traded him, won the Super Bowl. Patriots cut him, won the Super Bowl. Eagles cut him, they're two quarters from the Super Bowl. Bills cut him, made the playoffs a few years later for the first time in centuries. Jets............are still the Jets. :lol:

But damn Jags, talk about a choke job. :facepalm:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I could have sworn 95% of the posters in this thread said they hated the NFL and wouldn't watch it. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.