Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterGarden Gator

Jan 15, 2015
Nah...he looks like a young dude who is afraid to show emotion. Maybe he feels guilty about hurting Steve Spurrier's feelings? Pellage had his parents with him so he probably took the UF visit very seriously. Alright, alright, I looked at him again....he doesn't exactly exude excitement.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Most young guys don't like to smile in pictures. They like to look tpugh and indifferent.

G

G8tr In Dawgville

Founding Member
Founding Member
New poster, but I've been lurking for a while now. What I am about to say doesn't apply to the majority on this forum, but a to a few.

I've been a gator fan for over 40 years (yes, I suffered through 0-10-1) and some of the remarks I've seen on this thread makes me just shake my head and is actually somewhat embarrassing. We are behind the eight ball when it comes to recruiting this season and our new coaching staff are busting their butts to land some top notch recruits. Not an easy task given the past 4 years. As members of the Gator Nation, I think we should be doing all we could to help them in that monumental task.

Instead, I've seen posts on this thread that have compared recruits to hobbits, called them idiots, misspelled their names in derogatory ways and have been insulting to members of their family. What's wrong with you people? And again, I speck to the few, not the majority. Do you really think you will win over recruits with remarks like that? Is that really how you want to portray the Gator Nation? I get it all the time from the enemy. I like to think that we, as Gator fans, are above that kind of crap.

If I were offered a job by a couple of different companies and got wind that people associated with one of them were saying those kinds of things about me and my family, I would be hard pressed to seriously consider being part of their team. Why would a recruit want to become part of our team if their future fans make public statements like that?

If these guys sign with another school, then I see no problem with having some negative feelings toward them and expressing my disappointment. But, until they do, isn't it in our best interest to be good ambassadors and show them some respect? What you put on this forum represents me and the rest of the Gator Nation. How about showing a little class!

As far as those top notch recruits go, given the choice of keeping them in the fold and keeping Muschamp at the helm or firing Muschamp and losing those recruits, I would choose to fire Muschamp and lose the recruits in a heartbeat. We will be fine.

Okay, you can ban me now. I've said my peace.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
G8tr In Dawgville;n153601 said:
New poster, but I've been lurking for a while now. What I am about to say doesn't apply to the majority on this forum, but a to a few.

I've been a gator fan for over 40 years (yes, I suffered through 0-10-1) and some of the remarks I've seen on this thread makes me just shake my head and is actually somewhat embarrassing. We are behind the eight ball when it comes to recruiting this season and our new coaching staff are busting their butts to land some top notch recruits. Not an easy task given the past 4 years. As members of the Gator Nation, I think we should be doing all we could to help them in that monumental task.

Instead, I've seen posts on this thread that have compared recruits to hobbits, called them idiots, misspelled their names in derogatory ways and have been insulting to members of their family. What's wrong with you people? And again, I speck to the few, not the majority. Do you really think you will win over recruits with remarks like that? Is that really how you want to portray the Gator Nation? I get it all the time from the enemy. I like to think that we, as Gator fans, are above that kind of crap.

If I were offered a job by a couple of different companies and got wind that people associated with one of them were saying those kinds of things about me and my family, I would be hard pressed to seriously consider being part of their team. Why would a recruit want to become part of our team if their future fans make public statements like that?

If these guys sign with another school, then I see no problem with having some negative feelings toward them and expressing my disappointment. But, until they do, isn't it in our best interest to be good ambassadors and show them some respect? What you put on this forum represents me and the rest of the Gator Nation. How about showing a little class!

As far as those top notch recruits go, given the choice of keeping them in the fold and keeping Muschamp at the helm or firing Muschamp and losing those recruits, I would choose to fire Muschamp and lose the recruits in a heartbeat. We will be fine.

You'll have to name names. I can only recall one idiot dumping on a recruit and his thread was quickly sent to :solitary:.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Solid first post. Welcome to the board. We all lose perspective sometimes and say/post something that probably isn't ideal. I've posted similar thoughts with regards to these guys. Even if their hearts perhaps lean our direction, we haven't exactly made it easy on them. No need to bash them at this point, though their decision making seems absurd.

Ony complaint is your name. Geography can't be helped. But maybe you could change the spelling of dog to its proper spelling rather than continuing their "cute" little nick name. If not, I respect your conviction, and also fully support your banning.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: The overwhelming response from recruits this weekend is that they love the energy of this new coaching staff. Results are going to come

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Some of you ding dongs have spent your time hating on Urban Meyer. Will Muschimp has gone out of his way to damage our program. He is a despicable human being and I wish him eyebrow cancer.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
KCgator;n153617 said:
Some of you ding dongs have spent your time hating on Urban Meyer. Will Muschimp has gone out of his way to damage our program. He is a despicable human being and I wish him eyebrow cancer.

I think maybe you dozed off mid 3rd paragraph. He was saying we shouldn't be calling the recruits names. From the sound of it, he'd fully endorse the whole eyebrow cancer thing.

Amazin1

Finally found my way home
Jan 10, 2015
muschamp-eyebrow cancer...i think he deserves more after what he's done to us...

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would choose to fire Muschamp and lose the recruits in a heartbeat. We will be fine.

You'll do well around here as long as you remember it's a message board. People are going to say crazy things on a message board. Those recruits aren't reading message boards. They're too busy being teenagers.

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
Adonis Thomas isn't flipping...from twitter:

Back home in Atlanta. Only a few more months till I'm at UA for good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.