Not open for further replies.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n160379 said:
So was Wells. Both 3 star commits yesterday were bumped to 4* by 247 after committing to UF. Big Mac pulling out the Saban mojo.

What exactly did they show differently on the field at the end of January that made them into 4*s all of a sudden? Just goes to show you how worthless these rankings are.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n160588 said:
The entire country would be like "uh oh", they back!

Imagine our rivals, particularly FSU and Tennessee, who have been absolutely joyous and relentless over our 100th ranking for weeks now. Imagine the collective, national, "HOLY SH!T!!" if we came out of this with a top ten class on NSD, with three or four 5-stars choosing us. We'll have skyrocketed about 90 spots.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n160582 said:
The Big 3 are coming to the University of Florida. Book it.

Your lips to their ears. (no homo)

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n160191 said:
can someone explain all the hate for the bowl cut wonder, aka zack?

Hey, watch it..

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
QueenCityGator;n160607 said:
For this message, you either typed it real quick on a phone or graduated with a fake degree from our great university.
The latter of course

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n160602 said:
Imagine our rivals, particularly FSU and Tennessee, who have been absolutely joyous and relentless over our 100th ranking for weeks now. Imagine the collective, national, "HOLY SH!T!!" if we came out of this with a top ten class on NSD, with three or four 5-stars choosing us. We'll have skyrocketed about 90 spots.

Texas at number ten has 1-5 star, 10-4 stars and 11-3 stars for a total of 23 recruits.

For a frame of reference. And that's assuming that they get no more kids.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n160602 said:
Imagine the collective, national, "HOLY SH!T!!" if we came out of this with a top ten class on NSD, with three or four 5-stars choosing us.
Imagine my disinterest in a couple of DEs but my absolute elation if we come home with 5-7 solid OL and 3+ LBs. Anything else is gravy.

Anything less than a solid OL class is a real problem, big 3 or not. We've been applauding these silly "Top 20" classes that haven't met our needs for 5 years.

We are going to try to start playing on both sides of the ball now.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n160609 said:
Texas at number ten has 1-5 star, 10-4 stars and 11-3 stars for a total of 23 recruits.

For a frame of reference. And that's assuming that they get no more kids.

If we pull Cowart, Jefferson, Ivey, Holland, Scarlett, Cronkrite, Davis, we'll break down the doors on a top ten class. And I've read elsewhere the we will flip one FSU recruit who will make Fowler's flip look like peanuts. Francois maybe?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n160622 said:
If we pull Cowart, Jefferson, Ivey, Holland, Scarlett, Cronkrite, Davis, we'll break down the doors on a top ten class. And I've read elsewhere the we will flip one FSU recruit who will make Fowler's flip look like peanuts. Francois maybe?

We aren't getting Holland from all indications. Where did you read about the FSU commit?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

He's not flipping unless his comments about feeling like being surrounded by 3 stars on his official visit was all a smoke screen. Time will tell I guess.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n160620 said:
Imagine my disinterest in a couple of DEs but my absolute elation if we come home with 5-7 solid OL and 3+ LBs. Anything else is gravy. And anything less than a solid OL class is a real problem, big 3 or not.

I really don't get your disinterest in a couple of game-changing DE's. It's like Houston Texan fans saying, "forget JJ Watt, we need a damn quarterback and RB!"

For the 68th time, it's okay to get em' all! We're Florida, it's not either/or with us. Urban Meyer and Nick Saban are greedy! Recruiting elite talent is a greedy game. The idea that we should let a couple of DE's slip away because they're on defense, is Will Muschamp thinking in reverse.

GET ALL OF THEM, PERIOD!

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
The Original DC;160622 said:
If we pull Cowart, Jefferson, Ivey, Holland, Scarlett, Cronkrite, Davis, we'll break down the doors on a top ten class.
It will take more than that, per 247 class calculator. I did those players plus Boulware, Hill, and Clark, and it had us at 12 or 13. Now if all those guys joined and there are another 3-5 four stars we add, then yes, we would get a top 10 class. That is very unrealistic though. I do think we will end in the top 25, which I would be quite pleased with considering the hole WM left us in and then tried to make worse

WinterGarden Gator

Jan 15, 2015

Damn DC why you getting us all excited before 8:00?! I say Cronkrite is realistic, but Scarlett not so much. But that's just me quoting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator