Recruiting Official Recruiting Thread for the stretch run

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
The coaching change has very little with where we are ranked right now. We have had coaching changes in the past and we have NEVER been ranked this low. This recruiting situation is 100% the fault of William Larry Muschamp. He has sucked the lifeblood out of this program, yet people revile Urban Meyer. Get your facts and priorities straight people.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Its going to be a hard push to the finish line. This call can hinge on a player or two. If it falls the right way wecould see a domino effect. i.e. Cowart.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I think we'll pull it out and yet some kids enjoy free trips and the love thrown at them from other schools. Heck, wouldn't you want that attention at 17-18 years old? Their Twitter accounts will go from 100K followers down to 1200 over night once they announce and won't be celebrities any longer! Give it time, they love the limelight and are milking it for what it's worth.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I think McElwain has offered just about any kid over 260 lbs. a scholarship to play oline.
Written by ANDREW SPIVEY, JANUARY 14, 2015.
The Florida Gators are leaving no stone unturned when it comes to recruiting offensive linemen and head coach Jim McElwain is trying to schedule as many of them as he can for official visits to Florida. On Monday night offensive lineman Quarvez Boulware (6-2, 283, Washington D.C. Friendship Academy) made news as he’s the latest lineman to set up an official visit to Gainesville. “I got in touch with Coach McElwain last week and then I set my official visit to Florida up on Monday night,” Boulware said. “I’m going to take my official visit to Florida on January 30th. I’ve already been down there before so I just want to get down there and meet the new coaching staff.” McElwain knew that Boulware had an offer from Florida already but he wanted to make sure the lineman knew that Florida still wanted him.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
HogtownGator;n150646 said:
Doesn't everyone have to go down to the wire? Recruits and colleges? I mean that's why it's called "signing" day, right? There can't be an enforceable contract - verbal or otherwise - until NSD. Coaches can withdraw offers down to the wire, too.
I don't follow recruiting usually, so I'd be curious to hear from some of you recruiting experts whether or not there tends to be much of a shake up in the expectation as things come down to the wire.

Not really. Maybe a single surprise here and there but the bulk of these classes are formed prior to now. We're in bad shape.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Mac will get it done
bigmac.gif

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
GatorTAG;n150597 said:
Summary of Rivals top 5 uncommitted players.

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1723746

We lead for the top 4.

If we can get all 4 of those that we are leading, that will be a great building block for this coaching staff. The way I see it if Willis is reninstated, Morrision can go, we get Ivey, and Summers can coach up the OL, we can compete for the East next year. I also can see CeCe and Cowart coming on about the middle of the season and helping our cause; with them two, Willis, and Brantley that could be the best DL in College Football. I know we need a LB and that Morrison isn't the best LB in the country, but I will take him over a lot of others; he seams to have a nose for the ball and be in a lot of plays. My main concern though is who is the singal caller next year. One would think it is Grier, but did he put on enough weight, and can he process the playbook in time? What I guess I am trying to say is, no matter who we get on NSD our coaches are going to be key. If they develope the talent that we currently have and if we get a couple of these "top recurits" we can have a foundation for success for many years to come. Then again that is what they are supposed to do.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Wray;n150842 said:
Alabama outside linebackers coach Lance Thompson has joined the Auburn staff as linebackers coach. Does this help us with any LBs?

I doubt it... if anything it probably helps Auburn, but if Saban let this guy go to Auburn he must not have been impressed. Interesting that Muschamp hired him if Saban didn't want to keep him.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
GatorTAG;n150750 said:
I think McElwain has offered just about any kid over 260 lbs. a scholarship to play oline.
Written by ANDREW SPIVEY, JANUARY 14, 2015.
The Florida Gators are leaving no stone unturned when it comes to recruiting offensive linemen and head coach Jim McElwain is trying to schedule as many of them as he can for official visits to Florida. On Monday night offensive lineman Quarvez Boulware (6-2, 283, Washington D.C. Friendship Academy) made news as he’s the latest lineman to set up an official visit to Gainesville. “I got in touch with Coach McElwain last week and then I set my official visit to Florida up on Monday night,” Boulware said. “I’m going to take my official visit to Florida on January 30th. I’ve already been down there before so I just want to get down there and meet the new coaching staff.” McElwain knew that Boulware had an offer from Florida already but he wanted to make sure the lineman knew that Florida still wanted him.
He's offering anyone with a "pulse" right now because he has to. We need at least 6 O-linemen in this class because of the last coaches inability to recruit.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
KCgator;n150717 said:
The coaching change has very little with where we are ranked right now. We have had coaching changes in the past and we have NEVER been ranked this low. This recruiting situation is 100% the fault of William Larry Muschamp. He has sucked the lifeblood out of this program, yet people revile Urban Meyer. Get your facts and priorities straight people.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Kanye-West-John-Mayer-Awkward-Hug-and-Handshake.gif

Dec 10, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n150713 said:
This is exactly why muschamp needed to go last year...foley gambled and lost big time and we're going to suffer for it. Not trying to keep beating a dead horse but we have to at this point...we are in trouble and it will take several years to overcome that horrendous mistake to keep muschamp for a 4th year.

Did Muschamp deserve to be fired last year? Yes. Should he have been? I dunno. Who would you rather have as your head coach? Charlie Strong (and pay him 5+ million to do so), maybe James Franklin or would you rather have Mac? We would have been going up against USC/UT/and Penn State last year for head coaches. This year we really didn't have to go head to head with anybody. Michigan was always putting all the marbles in Harbaugh's basket and Harbaugh wasn't coming here in any year. Nebraska and Wisconsin are just jokes not even mentionable in the same sentence as us. Long story short is that he deserved to be fired last year, but the coaching pool was better this year based on competition. At least we got a really good recruiting class last year. Give Chump that much. If Mac can get a class that is a consensus top 20 then we will be doing just fine. It is a great early barometer for how good he is going to be as a head coach. Not saying top 10. Just get a top 20 that addresses OL and LB and gets a few other pieces here and there.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n150867 said:
Did Muschamp deserve to be fired last year? Yes. Should he have been? I dunno. Who would you rather have as your head coach? Charlie Strong (and pay him 5+ million to do so), maybe James Franklin or would you rather have Mac? We would have been going up against USC/UT/and Penn State last year for head coaches. This year we really didn't have to go head to head with anybody. Michigan was always putting all the marbles in Harbaugh's basket and Harbaugh wasn't coming here in any year. Nebraska and Wisconsin are just jokes not even mentionable in the same sentence as us. Long story short is that he deserved to be fired last year, but the coaching pool was better this year based on competition. At least we got a really good recruiting class last year. Give Chump that much. If Mac can get a class that is a consensus top 20 then we will be doing just fine. It is a great early barometer for how good he is going to be as a head coach. Not saying top 10. Just get a top 20 that addresses OL and LB and gets a few other pieces here and there.

I think the real issue was that there was no offensive improvement this year. If the team had shown improvement offensively recruits would have jumped onboard and we probably would still have Muschamp... his failure to understand offense got him fired and also created a very poor recruiting situation.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
But, at least on the surface, appears to be an upgrade in staff. It is what it is. Forward ho!

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
ATXGator;n150845 said:
I doubt it... if anything it probably helps Auburn, but if Saban let this guy go to Auburn he must not have been impressed. Interesting that Muschamp hired him if Saban didn't want to keep him.

Muschamp evaluated the coach and determined he was an outstanding addition to the staff...

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ShadowGator;n150918 said:
Muschamp evaluated the coach and determined he was an outstanding addition to the staff...

There's a sterling endorsement from a guy who couldn't evaluate the talent of his own players while he was here as to who should and shouldn't be starting. I wouldn't trust this guy's evaluation of anything or anyone.

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
Gator87;n150921 said:
There's a sterling endorsement from a guy who couldn't evaluate the talent of his own players while he was here as to who should and shouldn't be starting. I wouldn't trust this guy's evaluation of anything or anyone.

I hope you read my post as sarcasm. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member