***Official UF vs LSU Game Thread***

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
LSU Bleaux. We'll see what Mac and Nuss have been able to do with Treon. IMO they've shown they can coach. Lets hope Treon will be good at applying what he's learned. Mac and Nuss know how to gameplan for what we have in personnel (TH). Should be a helluva game. I really like the edge UF has now with rallying around TH. Honestly all the pressure is on LSU. UF just needs to keep it cool and play good D. Good things will happen.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n297592 said:
So basically, the Defense is a push, and their Offense blows ours out of the water. And that was when we had Grier...

The problem with those stats is they don't show quality of opponent.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
TN G8tr;n297604 said:
LSU Bleaux. We'll see what Mac and Nuss have been able to do with Treon. IMO they've shown they can coach. Lets hope Treon will be good at applying what he's learned. Mac and Nuss know how to gameplan for what we have in personnel (TH). Should be a helluva game. I really like the edge UF has now with rallying around TH. Honestly all the pressure is on LSU. UF just needs to keep it cool and play good D. Good things will happen.

Mac plays the dead duck routine better than anyone since Vince Dooley.

If they had wind of a violation on Grier's part two weeks before the second failed test, they've been coaching Treon up like crazy.

All that talk about dusting off run reads, LSU running for 300, and just having fun in the game is smoke.

LSU will roll in looking for a cakewalk and Mac and Co will cut them to pieces.

Like Powell said, everything is "OOOOKKKAAAYYYYYYY!!"

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This will be a tough game but our guys will be ready. Coach Mac will have Treon ready and hopefully he can make the right decisions out there. Our defense is going to be jacked and ready to go vs Fournette. Hopefully we can limit him to 100 yards rushing. LSU simply doesn't turn the ball over as they only have 1 lost fumble and ZERO INTs so our defense has to create some turnovers and force the LSU QB into some mistakes and INTs. Its always a tough game AT LSU at night in death valley so we are gonna need everyone to play well so we can pull off another shocker. Go Gators!!

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Jbossgator8;n297899 said:
This will be a tough game but our guys will be ready. Coach Mac will have Treon ready and hopefully he can make the right decisions out there. Our defense is going to be jacked and ready to go vs Fournette. Hopefully we can limit him to 100 yards rushing. LSU simply doesn't turn the ball over as they only have 1 lost fumble and ZERO INTs so our defense has to create some turnovers and force the LSU QB into some mistakes and INTs. Its always a tough game AT LSU at night in death valley so we are gonna need everyone to play well so we can pull off another shocker. Go Gators!!

shocker-sticker.jpg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Left Coast Gator;n297916 said:
I am reading that the current point spread is LSU -9.5. Does anyone remember what it was before the ship hit the sand?
There's a thread on it.

Started at -4.5 for LSU. On its own it went up to 6.5 or 7. Then up to 9.5 after Monday

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Our pass defense is 45th? I thought we had like the best secondary in the country??

:chickenlittle:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n297592 said:
So basically, the Defense is a push, and their Offense blows ours out of the water. And that was when we had Grier...
I'd look at who they played vs who we played. Every team they've played is terrible against the run. I think in this case the stats don't tell the whole story.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't read urgs post before i posted that.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n297978 said:
I'd look at who they played vs who we played. Every team they've played is terrible against the run. I think in this case the stats don't tell the whole story.
See my post in the video podcast thread. We are the best rush defense and it's not even close.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n297978 said:

So you don't think their games against LSU has something to do with their ranking against the run? :lol:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n297960 said:
Our pass defense is 45th? I thought we had like the best secondary in the country??

:chickenlittle:

The problem with that stat is it includes our non sec games. We didn't have the regular starters as they are now back there during those games.

In those 2 games (NMSU and ECU), we gave up 4 passing TD and 1 Rushing TD.

In our 4 SEC games (UK, UT, Ole Miss, and Mizzou), I think one could argue that all are better teams than the first two. During these 4 games we've given up 2 Passing TD and Two Rushing TD.
We've given up less TDs through 4 SEC games than our 2 non conference games.
In SEC play, only 1 of the Passing TDs was by a QB, and was done in garbage time, ole miss, the other was on a trick play by a WR to his QB, UT. UT also has the 2 rushing TDs.

Between Kentucky, Ole Miss, and Mizzou, We've given up a grand total of 1 Offensive TD, and that was in garbage time.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n297982 said:
So you don't think their games against LSU has something to do with their ranking against the run? :lol:

Against just Fournette
Miss st held him (159) to slightly better than their avg. (170.2)
Aub gave up slightly more (228)than their avg (209.6)
Syracuse gave up way more (244) than their avg (137.8) but they play in the ACC ;)
EMU held him (233) to less than their avg (360.3) because they really really suck. Wow that's bad
So Car held him (158) to less than their avg (207.7)

So mostly no, I don't think he is skewing their avg greatly.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n297982 said:
I'm not saying they're not a great running team. I'm just saying their numbers may be a little inflated.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
URGatorBait;n297981 said:
See my post in the video podcast thread. We are the best rush defense and it's not even close.

URGatorBait;n297653 said:
The problem with those stats is they don't show quality of opponent.

:thumbup:

;)

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I hope I hope I hope someone has a serious talk with our
center. While in the shot gun formation, he has had quite
a few high snaps Grier had to leap high to catch. That has
been a concern in several games. I hope TH is tall enough
to catch the high snaps. That could be the difference in the
ball game.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n298153 said:
ball game.

This also takes the QB eyes off the field and just disrupts the timing and chance of success of the whole friggin play.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
jmskjrgator;n298153 said:
ball game.

i think it was someone stepping in who hadn't been at center on a regular basis. it was during the OM game. i'm sure that player has received the proper attention to detail. in the big mac attack i trust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.