***Official UF vs Missouri Game Thread***

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n292365 said:
@BruceFeldmanCFB: #Mizzou is second in the nation with 48 TFLs despite starting 2 freshmen & a sophomore on its DLine: https://t.co/vsArA287Dk

They've played SE Missouri, Arkansas St, UConn, Kentucky, and So Carolina.

I'd say that stat might be a little misleading.

Not saying they can't rush on defense, but perhaps that figure is bloated.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;292378 said:

Probably. But that's still pretty remarkable considering the youth on their D line.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;292377 said:
They definitely have a great front 7, and this defense forces turnovers probably better than anyone in the country over the last several years. Hence why I think it's going to be low scoring.

I think so as well. I think we're going to have a bit of an emotional letdown regardless of whether they whipped us the last couple years. Plus it'll be on the road. I still think we win but it will be a low-scoring affair.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
URGatorBait;n292378 said:

And lost to the cats in the 4 game stretch :peabody:

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Low scoring.... for I think about the 1st qtr roughly. That's when I think Florida gets past the emotions mizzou will come in playing with and the repeated hurry's and hits on their young QB will start taking its toll and JM & Nuss will figure them out and then start pouring it on. Not extremely high scoring but a solid score like last week.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Us scoring 38 points is unreachably high scoring. I'm more excited for our D to shut opponents down.
Still, on both O & D we should progress in dominance. Go Gators !

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I have to admit it, worries me that there are almost twice as many posts in the LSU thread than there are in this one. Yeah, we don't need to prepare for the game, the players and coaches do. But the fans are a direct reflection of the program and it tells you where people's minds are.

This definitely has the potential to be a:
th

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n292584 said:
I have to admit it, worries me that there are almost twice as many posts in the LSU thread than there are in this one. Yeah, we don't need to prepare for the game, the players and coaches do. But the fans are a direct reflection of the program and it tells you where people's minds are.

This definitely has the potential to be a:
th

After the past two years, if our Gators go into Mizzou unprepared and full of themselves, they deserve to get their butts kicked. They've taken these guys too lightly before and have seen the results.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Huge game for our boys. I see this one similar to the Ole Miss game in that we need to get off to a hot start. Punch them in the mouth on our first offensive and defensive possessions and take control in the first half to take the crowd out of it and get them trying to play catch-up with a QB making his second start. If they fall behind early we should be able to pound them the whole game. Keep mixing up the run and pass. If Grier plays anything like the last game we honestly shouldn't have much trouble with these guys, but again we can't get off to a slow start (or no start like Chump-led teams) and let them grab all the momentum and have the crowd into it.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Something I didn't know about this road trip: they fly into St. Louis and its a 2 hour bus ride into Columbus, MO. I didn't know that before and for a lot of these freshman this is a road trip out of their routine and environment. I don't think a lot of us recognize or realize this aspect of coaching. This is a big deal on a road trip. I hope Mac and this staff can keep it together with the team and prepare them for this trip to help them keep focused and ready.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I think we stomp them, like 21+ stomping. They look and are terrible. They've played the crappiest schedule to date in the sec and have struggled against each one of them other than a 31 point stomping of an fcs team. Joke team that needs to be and will be demolished.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
84-0 wouldn't be enough. Screw those methheads.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Whoa, ...we're playing Mizzou this weekend? Man, I totally overlooked this game. We're screwed. Now we're only going to win by 17.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Once we get up by 3 touchdowns they might unfortunately go semi-conservative so as to hold an ace or two in the hole for LSU. We saw a few new plays against Ole Miss, granted Mac is still installing his offense and he needs the guys to execute what he has shown them before adding new wrinkles.

The defense should hold them to 13, maybe 16 points. Another thing we might see if we have a decent lead going in to the 4th, would be Treon in mop up duty. Don't risk WillyG getting hurt, keep Treon engaged and in playing condition in case WillyG goes down.

The stat about their D line, sounds nice but again, it was against garbage, after seeing how we held our own against the Ole Miss D line, I'm comfortable that we'll take of business at Mizzou. I expect a royal stomping, remind them that we are the Kings of the East and they were lucky that we had a doofus for a coach when they entered the league

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
I think the GATORS are just figuring out how good they can be with preparation, focus and discipline. Could be the start of a heck of
run. Coach Mac has provided this recipe for success. Players understand it and can follow the program. Solid coaching and player development and
play calling. Lord this is gonna be fun.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Like to see you post more often, ReelDoc .... this season has the fun you deserve to be in on. Keep it up.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My,my, this Missouri game is also a "statement-game" for us... just like Ole Missed.
Fact that they scheduled us as their celebratory homecoming "win" cements it as a
solid "overcome" game for the boys of Florida. Also it is the spot for coach Jim McElwain
to show that he belongs on the big stage with a big actor = us, even too young a team.

Gotta admit that this has the magnetic pull of the scary excitement of "we can do this, we're the
new era resurrection Gator team", not anywhere near our finished growth. Growing tall we are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.