***Official UF vs Missouri Game Thread***

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n294071 said:

Interesting stuff. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we have at least to takeaways, possibly 3.

I think we hold missouri to under 300 total yards, maybe closer to 250. We get about 450, 300+ through the air.

We'll give up no more than one TD, if they are lucky enough to get that. I don't put a shut out, out of the realm of possibilities.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorintheKnox;n294046 said:
Mizzou couldn't have picked a better time to come into the SEC. We were down, Uga loves losing games they should win, and Tinerce is, well, we all know that UT is a freaking dumpster fire. This all ends tomorrow. They will finally get their "welcome to the SEC" moment.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

I think so. No cheap SEC East for Mizzou this season.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Here's hoping Mizzou's prior games were them performing at their best and that they do not surprise CFB as
they have in their past seasons ... I am sick of these lucky basturds.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Everybody's luck changes eventually. Ours changed when we fired Muschump.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
URGatorBait;n294073 said:
Interesting stuff. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we have at least to takeaways, possibly 3.

I think we hold missouri to under 300 total yards, maybe closer to 250. We get about 450, 300+ through the air.

We'll give up no more than one TD, if they are lucky enough to get that. I don't put a shut out, out of the realm of possibilities.
They're giving up 130 yards passing a game but we're going to come in and Grier's going to have his best game ever with over 300 yards passing? And on top of that we're going to pitch a shutout? I guess anything can happen, but these are pretty ridiculous predictions based on wishful thinking much more than any logic.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n294203 said:
They're giving up 130 yards passing a game but we're going to come in and Grier's going to have his best game ever with over 300 yards passing? And on top of that we're going to pitch a shutout? I guess anything can happen, but these are pretty ridiculous predictions based on wishful thinking much more than any logic.

Ease up bro. ;)

First, they are giving up 154.2 passing yards per game, and have done so to some of the worst teams around, for the most part. We are nothing like they have seen this season.

As far as a shut out, I'm not predicting it, I'm just saying it's not out of the realm of possibilities. Their offense is absolutely horrible, and again doing it against some of the worst teams around.

You are vastly over estimating their defense.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
URGatorBait;n294207 said:
Ease up bro. ;)

First, they are giving up 154.2 passing yards per game, and have done so to some of the worst teams around, for the most part. We are nothing like they have seen this season.

As far as a shut out, I'm not predicting it, I'm just saying it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

You are vastly over estimating their defense.
It's not so much the quality of the individual defensive players, as much as the style. They are solid but also well coached. They will rush 4 and even 3 to take away the short pass that we were living by in the last 5 Q's. They will try to force us run. We aren't going to scare anyone with our current running game so it's the obvious thing to do. If we can't run effectively inside (likely) then expect swing passes and screen passes behind the line of scrimmage which aren't going to lead to big yards for Grier. If we can't run and they shut down the short-intermediate routes we're going to have to hit some deep passes to loosen up their defense. Of course chucking it deep increases the risk of INTs.

I think Grier will be a lot closer to 200 yards than 300 and really hope he doesn't have multiple turnovers because if he does we probably lose. I don't know what's going to happen and think our defense should give us the edge for the close win, but I see this as a very dangerous game and much more difficult game than what I see reflected in the posts here.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n294225 said:
It's not so much the quality of the individual defensive players, as much as the style. They are solid but also well coached. They will rush 4 and even 3 to take away the short pass that we were living by in the last 5 Q's. They will try to force us run. We aren't going to scare anyone with our current running game so it's the obvious thing to do. If we can't run effectively inside (likely) then expect swing passes and screen passes behind the line of scrimmage which aren't going to lead to big yards for Grier. If we can't run and they shut down the short-intermediate routes we're going to have to hit some deep passes to loosen up their defense. Of course chucking it deep increases the risk of INTs.

I think Grier will be a lot closer to 200 yards than 300 and really hope he doesn't have multiple turnovers because if he does we probably lose. I don't know what's going to happen and think our defense should give us the edge for the close win, but I see this as a very dangerous game and much more difficult game than what I see reflected in the posts here.
You're over thinking it, and their quality.

They have a terrible terrible offense. We will have the ball more simply because they won'tbe able to move it on their side. Not to mention, they turn the ball over, and we are the best at takeaways.

I'm telling you, they are not very good.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm predicting we'll know the final stats when the game is over.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
URGatorBait;n294235 said:
You're over thinking it, and their quality.

They have a terrible terrible offense. We will have the ball more simply because they won'tbe able to move it on their side. Not to mention, they turn the ball over, and we are the best at takeaways.

I'm telling you, they are not very good.
I hope you're right. Keep in mind that Mauk is a lot of what was making their offense so bad, and they just got addition by subtraction. I agree they aren't great in any area, but trying to look at this game as an outsider you see a favorite going into a night, road, conference game after a big win, and more often than not, that puts the smart money on the home dog.

We should have the talent and coaching to prevent the slip-up, but the football gods are cruel and I don't like the intangibles around this game.

Hopefully I'm worrying about nothing. I tend to do that,

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n294270 said:
I hope you're right. Keep in mind that Mauk is a lot of what was making their offense so bad, and they just got addition by subtraction. I agree they aren't great in any area, but trying to look at this game as an outsider you see a favorite going into a night, road, conference game after a big win, and more often than not, that puts the smart money on the home dog.

We should have the talent and coaching to prevent the slip-up, but the football gods are cruel and I don't like the intangibles around this game.

Hopefully I'm worrying about nothing. I tend to do that,
Lock played in those games too and also threw picks.

I don't see how they move the ball much against us, and because of that, we should get more time on offense.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I just heard them say how Freeze and crew didnt expect the swamp crowd and it was a huge factor...love it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
How did our crowd prevent their DBs from sticking tight to the WR-TE coming toward them ?
The crowd does frustrate Ole Miss offensive cadences etc.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
lagator;n294225 said:

Spot on. Don't know what some of you guys are thinking.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We are headed north tomorrow to see the leaf change, staying in Commerce Georgia tomorrow night. Trying to make sure we
would be able to watch the the game of course. I called Longhorn Steak
House to see if they had the SEC network. After the girl said
yes I asked if the gator game would be able to be seen. She said
yes the manager, Scott Jones, is a big gator fan. They always watch
the gator games. We will see. I have Dish Anywhere for a backup. Lots of motels still don't have the SEC network.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
jmskjrgator;n294447 said:
We are headed north tomorrow to see the leaf change, staying in Commerce Georgia tomorrow night. Trying to make sure we
would be able to watch the the game of course. I called Longhorn Steak
House to see if they had the SEC network. After the girl said
yes I asked if the gator game would be able to be seen. She said
yes the manager, Scott Jones, is a big gator fan. They always watch
the gator games. We will see. I have Dish Anywhere for a backup. Lots of motels still don't have the SEC network.

Gator and Gators should always be spelled with a capital G.

:chomp:​

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ancient Reptile;n294439 said:
Spot on. Don't know what some of you guys are thinking.

I'm thinking Missouri is a mediocre team that has played mostly bad teams, and lost to the only decent team they played.

They have a horrible offense. Their defensive stats are based on playing other bad offenses.

Kentucky and So Car have the 95th and 100th ranked offenses respectively. Is anyone really going to argue that SE Missouri St, Arkansas St, and UConn are any better?

Come on guys, Missouri sucks. **** Missouri.

Jake from State Farm

I'm wearing Khakis, why?
Sep 6, 2014
Since the score prediction thread is locked, I'll just make my play here.

UF17
MO14
Total 31

Two good defenses going at it for 60 minutes, I think our suspect FG Kickers will make 1 of 3 to win it for us.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Don't think I've been this happy for Saturdays in YEARS. It's nice to look forward to the games again. Go Gators!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n294460 said:
I'm thinking Missouri is a mediocre team that has played mostly bad teams, and lost to the only decent team they played.

They have a horrible offense. Their defensive stats are based on playing other bad offenses.

Kentucky and So Car have the 95th and 100th ranked offenses respectively. Is anyone really going to argue that SE Missouri St, Arkansas St, and UConn are any better?

Come on guys, Missouri sucks. **** Missouri.
I think Mizzou has a good D and it's at their house. Game will be tight until we wear them down, score two TDs in the 4th and win 31-10.
Bartradamus

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator