Orange and Blue Game will feature scrimmaging only

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Jabberdave;n202444 said:
You want the AD to be Jerry Jones. Doubtful a coach worth his salt would accept that gig. The oversight committee is in Alabama now because of the ****ty mess he created. Yes, he cleaned up the locker room......he just left it short in critical places.

No, I don't think the AD's job is to micromanage. That's the head coaches

The way I see it; hell ^$(K yeah! There should be some type of checks and balances untill the HC proves that he is worth his salt. Where it gets crazy is when you bring in a first year coach that hasn't proven anything (I know Billy D was a first year coach but he proved himself worthy quick) and they expect SECC and NC just to walk in the front door. Although I'm with Big Mac I would still (if I were the AD) be on him and have him show his plan on to fix this issue. Therefore if his plan failed we as GATOR NATION would know how to fix it so this isn't an issue year after year. This should be in the job decription of the AD not just hire the next "hot coach". This is just leadership from the top down in my book.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;202414 said:
Wait a minute... the Spring Game... which has always been just a scrimmage.. is now going to be a scrimmage! The horror!

People put way too much on a Spring Game... it is the Spring practice that is important... the game doesn't tell us anything... if the offense is great the D sucks and vice versa.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Under Spurrier this is where our season stars broke out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n202374 said:
I'm considering streaking. Fewer players that may be able to catch me.
Lesbi honest here, you are always considering streaking.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n202444 said:
No, I don't think the AD's job is to micromanage. That's the head coaches
"Hey, Chimpster, it's Jeremy. I just have a question for you. I seem to notice you only recruit DEs and DBs. What's up with that? Should we be concerned? Do you have a plan to fix this clvsterfvkk? Really? You just need DBs and punters? I wish you had told me this was your plan during the interview process."

That isn't the same as micromanaging.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Law98gator;n202489 said:
"Hey, Chimpster, it's Jeremy. I just have a question for you. I seem to notice you only recruit DEs and DBs. What's up with that? Should we be concerned? Do you have a plan to fix this clvsterfvkk? Really? You just need DBs and punters? I wish you had told me this was your plan during the interview process."

Thank you! This is my point. There is nothing with checks and balances. Everyone has a boss, and if the boss isn't doing his job then how can he be sure that you are doing yours?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n202443 said:
We all knew this was going to happen. My question is how come there was no oversight or will there be some oversight be put in place so this NEVER happens to us again. With "this" I would like to see some checks and balances like an AD who will say,"Coach well this year we didn't have enough OL and LBs do a O&B game this year what are your plans during the signing period to fix this?" If "it" does happen there should be some sort of puniative damages for the coach. Then again isn't this what an AD is supposed to do?

Well the "oversight" is a requirement of the HBC. We don't put punative things in our contracts. I was surprised (if true) that Billy's contract has a buy out in it.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n202451 said:
Although I'm with Big Mac I would still (if I were the AD) be on him and have him show his plan on to fix this issue.

Don't you imagine, with millions of dollars on the line, these things were talked about during the interview before the hire?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Jabberdave;202374 said:
I'm considering streaking. Fewer players that may be able to catch me.
Yep, thank god we lack those shifty, smurf OL that may have caught you otherwise :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n202511 said:
Don't you imagine, with millions of dollars on the line, these things were talked about during the interview before the hire?
I would imagine it should have been covered in the interviews with the last failure (including the ones that should have occured during and after 2013). Actually it should have happened early in 2011 after we landed back to back classes with only 2 OL.... then did it again in 2012.

All the signs of the pending dumpster fire were clearly evident FOR YEARS. A so-called top tier AD (or the person he pays to advise him) should have seen it as easily as so many else did.

If it either didn't happen then or the evidence of what was coming was ignored, why should we assume that the appropriate questions were asked in this interview or that the answers were evaluated properly?

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I went to Muschump's first spring game...glorified practice. I was fine with that...they ran drills...ran some plays, including red zone stuff...everyone got some looks on the field. The fact that there was not a "game" was fine. Being in the stadium and seeing the Gators on the field was still a good experience. No one got hurt and Tyler Murphy was the best QB.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alright. Somebody interpret Muschamp's response to McElwain's statement that we are insufficient in some areas depth wise:

@Tomas_Verde: Will Muschamp was asked this evening about Jim McElwain's remarks about UF's roster being "really insufficient" in some areas. (1/2)

@Tomas_Verde: (2/2) Muschamp hadn't heard remarks, but said: "He said he could coach a dog and win. Heck, (does he) like the dog better than his players?"

What a numbnut.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
dubster1;n202110 said:
damn! every year we have to hear this bull$hi
Every year that clown WM never had the players for a game. Wasn't it always the dearth of offensive lineman? It certainly wasn't a recruiting priority for that jerk off. What a putz.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
NavetG8r;n202511 said:

Here is my things words don't mean anything unless they are backed by actions. Oaky maybe I am thinking too much into this, but don't people in almost all aspects of the business world do at least annual performance reviews? I know I might be out of the loop on this because I am in the Army, but that does happen right? Usually with these performance reviews there are some type of benifits and or punative actions that take place from these reports? If not then why the hell have an AD? Let the President hire and fire all the coaches.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
NCOGator;n202451 said:
The way I see it; hell ^$(K yeah! There should be some type of checks and balances untill the HC proves that he is worth his salt. Where it gets crazy is when you bring in a first year coach that hasn't proven anything (I know Billy D was a first year coach but he proved himself worthy quick) and they expect SECC and NC just to walk in the front door. Although I'm with Big Mac I would still (if I were the AD) be on him and have him show his plan on to fix this issue. Therefore if his plan failed we as GATOR NATION would know how to fix it so this isn't an issue year after year. This should be in the job decription of the AD not just hire the next "hot coach". This is just leadership from the top down in my book.

Billy D came from Marshall. He was the head coach there.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
True, but if you are trying to rebuild a program wouldn't you want to ensure that the HC has a plan? While he had some time as an HC (so did Big Mac and as you see I said he should be on a leash as well), there needs to be some checks and blances. That is my only point. To quote Ronald Reagan, "Trust but verify".

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n202489 said:

I don't know how you can sleep at night while always being wrong on the internet. It must be exhausting. :headshake:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n202656 said:
Alright. Somebody interpret Muschamp's response to McElwain's statement that we are insufficient in some areas depth wise:

@Tomas_Verde: Will Muschamp was asked this evening about Jim McElwain's remarks about UF's roster being "really insufficient" in some areas. (1/2)

@Tomas_Verde: (2/2) Muschamp hadn't heard remarks, but said: "He said he could coach a dog and win. Heck, (does he) like the dog better than his players?"

What a numbnut.

http://fanbuzz.com/story/will-muschamp-attacks-jim-mcelwains-remarks-about-floridas-roster/

This guy is trying to defend Muschamp's comments but I think they still make Muschamp look bitter.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n202695 said:
I don't know how you can sleep at night while always being wrong on the internet. It must be exhausting. :headshake:

I blow off stress by streaking often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.