OSU Saga: Meyer suspended for 3 games

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Finebaum was just torching Urban on ESPN, as well as ESPN, said they didn’t have the guts to report on this first as the media is scared of Meyer and that Urbs left Florida in ashes

Oh myyyyyyy

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Because for the first time he had a documented arrest? For the first time he could fire him for cause? The other times they were just allegations?

He has a duty and obligation as head coach to report it to his superiors. It’s up to them how to handle it.
If urban is canned it will be because of that. Not what the guy did or didn’t do to his wife.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Because for the first time he had a documented arrest? For the first time he could fire him for cause? The other times they were just allegations?

The authorities did investigate and did not arrest him. The one time they did arrest him, he was fired.

Allegations get people fired all the time. He's a WR coach, which is easily replaceable. This is vintage Meyer in that he plays favorites with his best players and/or personnel, letting them get away with way more than the others. His history here clearly played a part. This time it bit him.

As J pointed out, authorities looked into it on certain occasions. But at other times it was not reported to the school or authorities. And you're also still suggesting that a married couple would have no dialogue about a close associate being abusive with his wife, which is very unlikely. Again,can it be proven that he knew ad deliberately chose not to say anything, no. But between witnesses, texts(seriously amateur hour, Shelley) and allegations, it is absolutely enough to dismiss him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There’s only one reasonably explanation to all of this and that is Leo must be a relative of Urban and a beneficiary to his estate.
:lmao2: Imagine Ox and him fighting on Urban's door step to be the first in line to give him a hug.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Two things need to be answered, can you prove Urban knew enough to report? Meaning, was he told she is being abused versus they are having marital issues and she is scared. The second is do we know that he didn’t report? I remember with all the Paterno stuff people were saying various things and taking various stance, but then it comes out that Paterno reported it.

Again, we are hearing one side and it’s now the second day. More info will come out. Maybe he is just this at fault or maybe he has enough firewalls in place. No one has the full story yet.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If that was the only thing he was accused of and was exonerated, yes.

giphy.gif

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No doubt being the grandson of Earle Bruce is the only reason he stayed around as long as he did. Bruce gave Urban his first job I think. Meyer probably met Zach as a youngster.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Two things need to be answered, can you prove Urban knew enough to report? Meaning, was he told she is being abused versus they are having marital issues and she is scared. The second is do we know that he didn’t report? I remember with all the Paterno stuff people were saying various things and taking various stance, but then it comes out that Paterno reported it.

Again, we are hearing one side and it’s now the second day. More info will come out. Maybe he is just this at fault or maybe he has enough firewalls in place. No one has the full story yet.
Meyer is toast at this point. There’s blood in the water and the frenzy has started. He can’t survive it.

leogator

May 5, 2018

I fully agree on letting this play out and let all the info come out. But he's already convicted, drawn and quartered by some people here.

Maybe it turns out that she was truly abused and the Powell PD is totally corrupt and covered it up. Who knows?

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
I think the media and political pressure is too great to not fire Meyer. This is not yet a legal thing or a matter of degrees of proof. This is a public relations nightmare and with the texts and pictures Courtney Smith sent to Urban's wife out there for all to see, combined with the gigantic wrestling team sex scandal that has been embarrassing the university for over a month, Ohio State has to act aggressively and decisively to give the appearance of cleaning up its public image. It's very damaged right now and getting worse by the hour. I believe all OSU is doing now is having their attorneys determine the cheapest way to get him out of there.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
There's a difference between failure under the law and loss of confidence in an executive. We see it all of the time in the military. There doesn't need to be an infraction of code if leadership fails to maintain a healthy "command climate". In this case failing to recognize serious character flaws in one of his senior leaders and not having full cognizance of the health of the organization (either knowingly or unknowingly).

He might or might not face legal issues with this (my guess is not). But the university will certainly consider the leadership flaws (and potential compartmentalization to avoid apparent cognizance).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Meyer is toast at this point. There’s blood in the water and the frenzy has started. He can’t survive it.

The problem is the media and society have the memory of a goldfish... all that has to happen is the next "scandal"

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
What's that guys name again..........the one that actually beat his wife?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator