Phil Steele put out HIS top 30: UF #9

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Phil Steele picks us as the number one surprise team in the country:

This year my #1 Surprise Team is the Florida Gators! Florida has made the last two SEC Title games despite losing their QB to injury both years and having a below average offense. This year the QB will be surrounded by talent at RB, WR, TE and the offensive line. They have 3 possible QB's in Luke Del Rio who looked good to start last year but then was injured. Feleipe Franks is 6'6" 219, has a rocket arm and looks the part, he just needs some experience. I have the Gators my #1 Surprise team with or without this next chip and that is that Malik Zaire seems likely to land here and if he does he could win the job. Last year the defense was hit hard by injuries in the second half of the year and that forced some young players into action. A player like DE Jabari Zuniga will benefit from that and Florida will have their usual Top 10 defense. The Gators have my #3 Special Teams in the country. UF lost out last year when their home game versus LSU was moved but that will benefit them this year as they only have 3 true road games (Kentucky, South Carolina, Vandy). They do face Michigan in the opener but Michigan is one of the least experienced teams in the FBS and it is their first game. They can afford one loss and if they are in the SEC Title game Florida is just one win away from the playoffs. I will call for them to find a QB and an offense and match it up with that defense and special teams unit. With a favorable schedule, this non Top 10 team has a shot at winning it all.
OMG :eek: :eek2: :eek3: :eek4:

The #3 Special Teams in the entire country? :bwahaha:

Their usual Top 10 defense? :lmao:

This guy not only should never be taken seriously again, he should be fired for this. I have no idea what he was looking at when he wrote that paragraph. That is a guy that had clearly never watched a single game in the Mac era.

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
This just validates what a poor coaching staff we have/had. The constant “narrative” of us being only a “QB away” from greatness was pushed on everyone. The car salesman had them all fooled. Most of the folks on Gatorchatter knew it was a house of cards. I think Steele could have be right with the right coaching staff.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He bought into Mac's BS too. A lot of us did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator