Poll: WHEN will our starting quarterback be announced?

This is less about the WHO, but rather the WHEN. What do we think - is it better to have a starting

• This week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Week before kickoff

• Gameday

• Coach will forget b/c he's too busy eating a Ham Sammich

• Total voters

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n264448 said:
No they can't. :rolleyes:

Well nothing is impossible but this is what we used to call "vanishing small" probability.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
We beat East Carolina 8 months ago and we're a MUCH better team now. Head and shoulders better.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I predict he'll pick Grier Monday on game week and he'll end up starting every game, providing he stays healthy. I do think Harris will play plenty in the first two games, then less as the season goes on.

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
oxrageous;n264461 said:
We beat East Carolina 8 months ago and we're a MUCH better team now. Head and shoulders better.

I watched UF play East Carolina, and UF wasn't that much better and gave up 536 yards to East Carolina. I think UF's defense played well, though, because they made critical plays that led to winning the game. It doesn't matter about the number of yards, it does matter that you make plays when they are needed.. East Carolina does have a huge advantage over UF in that they have continuity in coaching, their players are not learning anything new. I have not a clue as to why you say UF is a MUCH better team now. Words are not deeds, and we've heard the words before. Perhaps you are right, but UF lost almost all of it's starters on offense from last year, and one of the returning starters, Harris, is viewed as a red headed stepchild with the lack of respect he gets from the fans and pundits. The only guy that worried everyone, and specifically tailored their gameplan around, on defense, Dante Fowler, is gone. Another of UF's top defenders, Morrison, is not going to play. There are plenty of objective reasons for why UF will NOT be as good as they were last year. I know logic has no place in the inn with many fans, and it doesn't appear you are being objective.
The good thing is that we won't have much longer to find out. You've made assumptions. The creator of this thread has also made the assumption that the starting quarterback is already known. After playing the paid scrub, UF gets to play East Carolina. We'll then find out if UF is MUCH better or something else.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n264635 said:
You've made assumptions. The creator of this thread has also made the assumption that the starting quarterback is already known. After playing the paid scrub, UF gets to play East Carolina. We'll then find out if UF is MUCH better or something else.
I've made an assumption that you're an asshat. I want to know what team you root for, as I've grown tired of your act and it's quite obvious you aren't a Gator. Be honest and perhaps I'll let you stick around. I don't like rival fans hanging around Gatorchatter without being honest about who they are.

Ignore this request and you'll be removed, a great big smile on my face while I do it. And this time, I'll make sure your IP is banned as well.

W

WMBG8TR

Founding Member
Founding Member
oxrageous;n264639 said:
I've made an assumption that you're an asshat. I want to know what team you root for, as I've grown tired of your act and it's quite obvious you aren't a Gator. Be honest and perhaps I'll let you stick around. I don't like rival fans hanging around Gatorchatter without being honest about who they are.

Ignore this request and you'll be removed, a great big smile on my face while I do it. And this time, I'll make sure your IP is banned as well.

THIS :ban:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He will name a starter before the ECU game after he sees them both against NM St

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n264639 said:

I think this is like the 20th time I've read this ultimatum. :lol:

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I think Mac plays both quarterbacks in the first game and he sees who moves the team better, whom the teams rallies around, and then he goes with that guy. I don't think Mac is going to zero in on who throws the prettiest pass or who has the quickest feet. I think he will go with the guy who can get the job done and Mac won't know that with finality until he actually sees Grier and Harris play under actual game conditions.

joeblow

Banned
Banned
Aug 12, 2015
oxrageous;n264639 said:

Your request is answered. First of all, I root for Florida. The only thing obvious is that I look at thinks soberly and actually give reasons behind mu conclusions. You, on the other hand, say that UF will be MUCH better without giving a single reason why. I think when you say something you should be able to back up what you say with logical reasons. If you think those reasons are wrong, the logical thing would be to point out why I am wrong. I told you why there are several reasons why UF will not be MUCH better than last year. Some folks like puppies and ice cream, but have seen this unrealistic optimism about UF being better "next year" since Tebow left. This isn't 2009 and UF is not a great team right now. I'm not under the delusion that this is going to change this year under a coach who hasn't proven anything. Colorado State was just restored to the level it was at before the coach that McElwain succeeded. There were no stunning victories, and Colorado State played no one. As with UF not having a proven good quarterback, McElwain hasn't proved anything yet at the level he is now at. Grier hasn't impressed me in the slightest in the two Spring games he's appeared in. I think he's not going to win the Heisman as a redshirt freshman like two of the previous three winners have. I could go on, but the point is that until UF actually does something on the field against someone other than a team they pay to be a victim, I'm not going to believe a word coming from players or coaches. McElwain has not said, or done anything differently than every other new coach.

If I want to remain blissfully ignorant, I'll watch FoxNews. I bring up valid reasons for UF to continue to struggle. If You think I'm wrong, say why. Responses like "I don't like you" are weak and don't say anything except you have nothing to refute what I say. ​We'll see if UF rises above mediocrity this year, and I'll be very happy for it and say I was wrong. I was wrong about Thurman, I thought he was finished playing. That doesn't mean I think he's a good player though. The talking season is over in less than three weeks when UF plays East Carolina, then we'll actually know something about this team. Until then, all we have to go on is their past performance.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n264760 said:
The only thing obvious is that I look at thinks soberly and actually give reasons behind mu conclusions. You, on the other hand, say that UF will be MUCH better without giving a single reason why.
I figured it was obvious to the point that I didn't have to spell it out: Will Muschamp is no longer the head coach.

As for you, acting like a know-it-all pretentious jerk in every post isn't going to make you any friends on a fan message board, especially with your random potshots towards the team you supposedly root for.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
oxrageous;n264767 said:
I figured it was obvious to the point that I didn't have to spell it out: Will Muschamp is no longer the head coach.

As for you, acting like a know-it-all pretentious jerk in every post isn't going to make you any friends on a fan message board, especially with your random potshots towards the team you supposedly root for.
Is he the same jackass who claimed to be an ex-player, and that he didn't root for any particular team? Reads very similar to that guy. Can't remember the username but sure you know who I'm referring to. Anyway, it seems inevitable that this troll will be banned eventually. The sooner the better IMO.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is a Gator message board. There's nothing wrong with being realistic when talking about our Gators. The problem is, you (joeblow), and 2-3 other posters on this board seem to ONLY talk about the negatives. Sure our Gators have been down, and this year will probably be a bit rough as the team builds chemistry and adjusts to the new Head Coach's way of doing things. A down year shouldn't mean the only threads we start and discuss our Gators in all have to be about the negative things. So let's try and embrace the fact that apparently our Gator players like this new HC and the staff he has surrounded himself with. We don't know if they're any good or not. We won't know until they've played some games. So instead of pointing out all the misery and doom and gloom, it sure would be nice if some people would step out from under their dark cloud and take in a little sunshine with the rest of us once in a while. Afterall, it's still better to be a Gator while losing a few games, than to be a Dawg win or lose. Just sayin...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n264770 said:
Is he the same jackass who claimed to be an ex-player, and that he didn't root for any particular team? Reads very similar to that guy. Can't remember the username but sure you know who I'm referring to. Anyway, it seems inevitable that this troll will be banned eventually. The sooner the better IMO.
That was JR78.....hmmmmmm. :scratchchin:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If you guys buy his BS about being a Gator, then...
a4a30b87c397d35b87c73c886b2c035c.jpg

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
Ox, I beg of you to show this fool how the trap door works. Also, can we somehow demerit the OP for not including "ham sammich" as an option? I mean, don't we hold ourselves to somewhat of a standard around here?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n264461 said:

I agree 100% but being a Vulcan I know that things can and do happen sometimes. Getting beat by lesser teams does happen, it even happened once to Bama, unless my memory is bad.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
joeblow;n264760 said:
Your request is answered. First of all, I root for Florida. The only thing obvious is that I look at thinks soberly and actually give reasons behind mu conclusions. You, on the other hand, say that UF will be MUCH better without giving a single reason why. I think when you say something you should be able to back up what you say with logical reasons. If you think those reasons are wrong, the logical thing would be to point out why I am wrong. I told you why there are several reasons why UF will not be MUCH better than last year. Some folks like puppies and ice cream, but have seen this unrealistic optimism about UF being better "next year" since Tebow left. This isn't 2009 and UF is not a great team right now. I'm not under the delusion that this is going to change this year under a coach who hasn't proven anything. Colorado State was just restored to the level it was at before the coach that McElwain succeeded. There were no stunning victories, and Colorado State played no one. As with UF not having a proven good quarterback, McElwain hasn't proved anything yet at the level he is now at. Grier hasn't impressed me in the slightest in the two Spring games he's appeared in. I think he's not going to win the Heisman as a redshirt freshman like two of the previous three winners have. I could go on, but the point is that until UF actually does something on the field against someone other than a team they pay to be a victim, I'm not going to believe a word coming from players or coaches. McElwain has not said, or done anything differently than every other new coach.

If I want to remain blissfully ignorant, I'll watch FoxNews. I bring up valid reasons for UF to continue to struggle. If You think I'm wrong, say why. Responses like "I don't like you" are weak and don't say anything except you have nothing to refute what I say. ​We'll see if UF rises above mediocrity this year, and I'll be very happy for it and say I was wrong. I was wrong about Thurman, I thought he was finished playing. That doesn't mean I think he's a good player though. The talking season is over in less than three weeks when UF plays East Carolina, then we'll actually know something about this team. Until then, all we have to go on is their past performance.

Well I can and will give you some reasons:

A new and improved coaching staff including some who might call some plays that are not expected.

Two QB's who are competing for the starting job.

A new attitude that focuses on getting better and actual improvement coaching rather than yelling and overly emotional responses.

Some new talent arriving, some getting better coaching, better process, etc.

Seems like Ox has said many of these things at one time or another.

No we can't just go on past performance, since given the changes it is almost irrelevant. As you say time will tell. I expect us to blow out our first opponent, play at least the second string and maybe third. They are paid to take a smack down and I bet our current staff knows to deliver one. Time will tell.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hes a nole guys, just go over to gatorsports and see all of his trolling over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator