Power Rankings

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator said:
Gator Fever;n51300 said:
I think he believes KY is better than 12th in the SEC after the close game with us - You don't ?

I haven't watched all 14 teams yet, so I have no idea. I would put every team in the West above them and the only ones I would put below them right now it Tenn and Vandy.
:yes:

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wow...Kentucky has to be "much improved" and going to a bowl game...otherwise? We still suck. Running out of excuses...

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ox, you know what's great about GCMB? No one ever overstates other peoples opinions. Nope, never happens.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n51369 said:

OK - I didn't remember what you had said about KY after the game and a lot of posters are pumping them up around here.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I do think this is the best Kentucky team in 20 years, but they are still only better than Vandy and Tennesse in the SEC. Stoops has their talent getting better and he appears to be a good coach.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78 said:
I do think this is the best Kentucky team in 20 years, but they are still only better than Vandy and Tennesse in the SEC. Stoops has their talent getting better and he appears to be a good coach.
This statement you just made. It clearly means you think Kentucky is a powerhouse, a juggernaut even. Nothing but pumpers around here!!!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n51378 said:

In 06 and 07 KY went 8-5 and beat FL State and Clemson in bowl games - I doubt this KY team goes better than 5-7 but we will see I guess.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We should be smashing the 12th best team in the league by 30 points.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n51392 said:
In 06 and 07 KY went 8-5 and beat FL State and Clemson in bowl games - I doubt this KY team goes better than 5-7 but we will see I guess.

Currently they sit 2-1. I think we all agree they are better than Tennesse and Vanderbilt, so that is 4 wins. They should ahve losses to USCe, LSU, Missouri, and Georiga. Mississippi State plays down to their competition, but should win. I don't trust Louisville, and they should lose against Louisana-Monroe. so 6-6 isn't out of the question before a bowl.

2006 out of those two teams was the better team, and this team might have a worse record but be a better team. The 4 loss Georgia was the best team they beat, the current team will be playing better more consistently good competition.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
GatorJ;n51236 said:
UK is 12th in the SEC. They ARE a lot better...

Just for clarity, how exactly are these power rankings calculated?
Not true. Concrete said they would win the Big 10. I suspect that would land them in the 4 team playoff or at least the Rose Bowl. Several agreed with his statement. :facepalm:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
GatorJ;n51236 said:

MJM, you realize that's really more of a slap in the face to the Big 10, not pumping Kentucky. Dude the Big 10 is absolutely horrible this year!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
GatorJ;n51236 said:

No it wasn't. It was meant to state how "much improved" UK is this year and how great a job Stoops is doing with them. He also said they would go at least 9-3 in any conference other than the power 5. I'm telling ya, UK will need a minor miracle to become bowl eligible and some of you are saying this is the best team they've had in over 20 years. Kentucky is what they always are...bottom feeder in the SEC.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
GatorJ;n51236 said:

Well the 9-3 comment, I just don't buy, meaning it isn't happening. But I do think they are "much improved", but really again, that's a relative term. Stoops is doing a good job with them. And the WR they have that got the 2 TD's went to the same high school that I did (though it was years ago lol). He's a solid receiver, and to be honest, I'm not sure how Kentucky got him.

It's not saying much to say that it's the best UK team in 20 years, which is why I don't understand all the "powerhouse" and "juggernaut" comments.

I really don't see how you guys can't look at Kentucky and see an improved and improving team, they are.

And again, the Big 10 is F'ing horrible. They don't even deserve to be discussed as a power 5 conference this year.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
GatorJ;n51236 said:

We've been mocking the comments i just referred to, which were simply ludicrous. Yes they are improved, but for the love of god, could they be any worse than last year? UK sucks and they always have. It took us 3 OTs and a lot of luck (at home) to beat an SEC bottom dweller. THAT is the point.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
GatorJ;n51236 said:

I still don't agree that they suck, or that they are necessarily a bottom dweller. Records aren't always the best factor in determining that, though they will be telling somewhat. They may only be a bottom dweller this season by default, I mean someone does have to lose the game you know. But it's not necessarily the record that determines that, especially when we are talking about a team that is improving.

Do they belong in the discussion with Bama, or any of the other top seeded SEC teams? Absolutely not, however, they aren't as bad as people are making them out to be.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
GatorJ;n51236 said:

Well, they CERTAINLY aren't as good as some are making them out to be either. :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n51404 said:
Currently they sit 2-1. I think we all agree they are better than Tennesse and Vanderbilt, so that is 4 wins. They should ahve losses to USCe, LSU, Missouri, and Georiga. Mississippi State plays down to their competition, but should win. I don't trust Louisville, and they should lose against Louisana-Monroe. so 6-6 isn't out of the question before a bowl.

I like them vs Cowbell also.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait said:
GatorJ;n51236 said:

To the extent that someone is saying they'd go 9-3, I would agree with you MJM.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think the whole reason we're talking about how "good" Kentucky is concerns how UF might be, coming so close to
getting beat by Kentucky. A coach can greatly improve UK and still not make them a top 40 team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.