t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
threatmatrix;n51717 said:
Lets turn this around. Can anyone give us any specific instances of the coach of what should be one of the perennial elite teams in the nation out coaching the coach of door mat Kentucky. Or for that matter when in the last 3+ years has Muschamp out coached anybody. I mean I saw SOS out-coaching and I saw Urbs out-coaching, and Zook, well bless his heart Zook road the short bus of coaching, but I don't think I can point to an example of Muschamp out coaching anybody.
I mean shouldn't the coach at Florida be out-coaching somebody at least once a year? Not being argumentative but what's the best argument FOR Muschamp?
Someone please list why Muschamp is a great head ball coach and deserves to be coaching at Florida.

dang it, I never thought I'd do this but I'll defend muschamp. He's "outcoached" jimbo Fisher, les miles, Kevin sumlin, Steve spurrier. To name a few. I'm not saying he should be the coach here, I thought he should have been canned last year. But you asked who he's "outcoached". I don't think a win or loss is always on the coach.
Read the last part. A win or loss isn't always on the coach

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
t-gator said:
Lets turn this around. Can anyone give us any specific instances of the coach of what should be one of the perennial elite teams in the nation out coaching the coach of door mat Kentucky. Or for that matter when in the last 3+ years has Muschamp out coached anybody. I mean I saw SOS out-coaching and I saw Urbs out-coaching, and Zook, well bless his heart Zook road the short bus of coaching, but I don't think I can point to an example of Muschamp out coaching anybody.
I mean shouldn't the coach at Florida be out-coaching somebody at least once a year? Not being argumentative but what's the best argument FOR Muschamp?
Someone please list why Muschamp is a great head ball coach and deserves to be coaching at Florida.

dang it, I never thought I'd do this but I'll defend muschamp. He's "outcoached" jimbo Fisher, les miles, Kevin sumlin, Steve spurrier. To name a few. I'm not saying he should be the coach here, I thought he should have been canned last year. But you asked who he's "outcoached". I don't think a win or loss is always on the coach.
"Out-coached" is a bit subjective but, really? Winning isn't out-coaching it's just winning. In that case you could accuse Zook of out coaching. Or are you speaking of only the defensive side of the ball? I'm talking of real chess match football. Again SOS did it and Urbs did it. I'll give you Muschamp if you insist but.. Maybe I need to watch the 2012 USC game.
And really' I'm not trying to win an argument.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:

I think coaches can get outcoached. I just don't think that's the case for every game. And sure ron zook outcoached some guys. That doesn't mean I think he was a good coach.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
T REX;n51591 said:
Stoops outcoached Muschump. Period. Stoops beats us with our players vs Muschamp with Tuckys. Very sad how crappy our HBC is...

Please give us specific points on why you think he outcoached him. I want actual football insight and not keyboard diarrhea.
:lol:

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

Lets set the record straight. How soon we forget. Does Ron Zook Field not ring a bell?

FOR Mushchamp? I got nothing.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Gatorious;n51834 said:
Lets set the record straight. How soon we forget. Does Ron Zook Field not ring a bell?

FOR Mushchamp? I got nothing.
LOL.
I will forever maintain that in those years the Gators won despite Zook's coaching not because of it. There was just so much talent on that team we only lost when Zook mismanaged the clock, called some absurd 4th down play or otherwise screwed the pooch for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.