Votes: 51 46.8%
  • Emory Jones

Votes: 32 29.4%

• Total voters

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
No. Theyd run option with regular jerseys,

Exactly!! If you run a passing offense where you are trying to minimize the hits on the QB, then it makes sense to protect them during practice. If you QB is the RB with the best arm, then it is crazy to treat them differently in practice than any other RB.

Yesterday the defenders were not driving RBs into the ground. It would have been better practice and more informative to have QBs face the same kinds of hits.

BTW, if that is typical for the "rules" of practice around the country, it is no wonder there are so many missed tackles in games. It is tackle football. You can only get good at it IF you practice tackle football sometime. [I do recognize as other said, that that was a pep rally yesterday and not a serious practice.]

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Or put him behind our atrocious OL and win 2-3 three games, destroy his confidence, Or worse get him so injured he never cover
Our offensive line isn't an All Conference unit by any means but even a decent DT QB's skill set can make them look decent. Both Franks and Trask hold the ball way too long and are often late on their release. Jones could be the kind of guy who gives us a fighting chance to keep some drives going with his quicker delivery and decent legs. We know he'll probably make some mistakes in the passing game but so would the others....I believe this is pretty much a lost year anyhow......I'd try and work him in by mid season or sooner if it were my call....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Forget starting Jones mid or late season. I want him under center week 1. Let him learn and take some lumps - we'd STILL be better off than throwing the other two out, especially Franks. Jones at least will scare a few teams with his talent.

What's going to happen is Franks is going to be run out there and is going to be turnover machine and an embarrassment. He has no future here, there's no reason to keep wasting our time with him. He should be holding a clipboard behind the other two. He's brainless.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Your inside source told you? Hahaha
At least I hope that was the case.....:eek3: There were several plays even in the 1st half where the DL's never even got into their stance and the LB's and DB's were talking amongst each other and not really paying attention.....If I'm wrong about this and the D is really that bad we may be in for a 2-10 special this year....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
At least I hope that was the case.....:eek3: There were several plays even in the 1st half where the DL's never even got into their stance and the LB's and DB's were talking amongst each other and not really paying attention.....If I'm wrong about this and the D is really that bad we may be in for a 2-10 special this year....
Why don't you just predict 0-12 and be done with it?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
He has no future here, there's no reason to keep wasting our time with him. He should be holding a clipboard behind the other two. He's brainless.

Agreed. He just doesn't have it. Maybe just maybe Mullen can make him serviceable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Jesus Christ I said we'll probably end up 5-7 or 6-6 this year.....That was assuming we found someone who could play QB and if they developed a little we might win 7 or 8.....Is that so unrealistic? Our defense is not going to be top shelf regardless and I really don't care for the scheme were going to be running on that side of the ball....

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The state media is positioning it as Franks being the starter.

Either Mullen sees something we can't, is playing poker or is blind as a one-eyed bat.

The notion of the latter has me somewhat concerned.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jones has an opportunity to make an impact THIS SEASON if he works his ass off over the summer. God, I hope he's the hard-working type and isn't going to be sitting around playing Madden and smoking weed.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Jones has an opportunity to make an impact THIS SEASON if he works his ass off over the summer. God, I hope he's the hard-working type and isn't going to be sitting around playing Madden and smoking weed.
I’ll be interested to see what offseason discipline looks like under DM. Seems like we got crappy news right before the first game every season the last 8 years. Quiet offseason would be nice....

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
The state media is positioning it as Franks being the starter.

Either Mullen sees something we can't, is playing poker or is blind as a one-eyed bat.

The notion of the latter has me somewhat concerned.

Or Mullen knows he needs to keep the QB depth he has and does not want Franks to bail.

McElwain started him last year in the opener, I am sure in part, to keep him from leaving. Now Mullen with an offense that leads to hits on the QB and no great options at QB needs to keep the four prospects he has.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Or Mullen knows he needs to keep the QB depth he has and does not want Franks to bail.

McElwain started him last year in the opener, I am sure in part, to keep him from leaving. Now Mullen with an offense that leads to hits on the QB and no great options at QB needs to keep the four prospects he has.
That's why we keep you around. You think outside the box.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
To make the best of the time between Game 1 and EJ starting I believe Dan should drill Trask on how and when to take off running. Good passer but missing the running piece. The guy is a monster - 6'5" 239 lbs just develop a badass attitude in him and let him flatten 190 lb DBs to move the sticks. Franks can run but he's shyte in the pocket - falls behind mentally at the snap, stares and panics. Dan is a damn good QB coach but I'm not sure you can teach "don't panic".

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Forget starting Jones mid or late season. I want him under center week 1. Let him learn and take some lumps - we'd STILL be better off than throwing the other two out, especially Franks. Jones at least will scare a few teams with his talent.

What's going to happen is Franks is going to be run out there and is going to be turnover machine and an embarrassment. He has no future here, there's no reason to keep wasting our time with him. He should be holding a clipboard behind the other two. He's brainless.

Don't think this will happened. Mullins has made to many comments about not starting QBs before they are ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.