Rainout? Rumor has it that UF vs LSU is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I lost what little respect I had for JF. We look like a bunch of vaginas. JF will hide behind the "SEC decision" but it's all on us. We refused to go to BR. Go play and beat them.
MOST everybody on this board, myself included, predicted a loss this weekend.... (Well, to be fair I did have my heart prediction (UF) and my head prediction(LSU) ). Our biggest advantage was the home field and home fans. The feeling was with home field and the return of LDR we had a "chance". Now you're screaming to go play them in BR and beat'em. You didn't even expect them to win at home... Or did you?

It would be a nightmare of many sorts to try and move this game to BR.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What you fail to understand is that many people, and probably the players themselves, would rather play the game and lose than not play at all. I mean, to me, this is just how life is. I guess some people see things differently.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MOST everybody on this board, myself included, predicted a loss this weekend.... (Well, to be fair I did have my heart prediction (UF) and my head prediction(LSU) ). Our biggest advantage was the home field and home fans. The feeling was with home field and the return of LDR we had a "chance". Now you're screaming to go play them in BR and beat'em. You didn't even expect them to win at home... Or did you?

I think it's just the hypocrisy of the coaching and the team saying that this is a championship caliber team. Every championship team from UF has only had one loss.

And then the moment presents itself to prove it and they wilt.

I just I just think it speaks more about the coaches and the team that they don't want to go out swinging.

Again, this is assuming that any of the stuff about us going to Baton Rouge is accurate.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We should be playing in BR. This looks like a weak sauce move.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's just the hypocrisy of the coaching and the team saying that this is a championship caliber team. Every championship team from UF has only had one loss.

And then the moment presents itself to prove it and they wilt.

I just I just think it speaks more about the coaches and the team that they don't want to go out swinging.

Again, this is assuming that any of the stuff about us going to Baton Rouge is accurate.

I hear you. I do. But if I have a choice between going to BR to play LSU for what will become 3 years in a row... OR possibly rescheduling the game for a later date, I'd rather reschedule and play them at HOME.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Then again, it would be tough to ask the players to play in a game while many of them have families on the East coast that will be impacted by this. Tough situation all the way around.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Then again, it would be tough to ask the players to play in a game while many of them have families on the East coast that will be impacted by this. Tough situation all the way around.
And yet!

Too bad UF is the only team with Florida kids on it.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No one wants to lose a home game.
Bingo. And even if we play the game on November 19, we're still losing a home game of revenue. LSU can stomp their feet and punch walls all they want about losing the South Alabama game, but we're both in the same boat.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@RossDellenger: Alleva: "All I could do was offer opportunities and plead and beg to make it happen." #LSU

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@RossDellenger: To repeat: Joe Alleva says Florida made no offer to #LSU to play a game on Nov. 19. Those conversations have not happened - at least not yet

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm not happy about how this decision making played out, but f*ck LSU and their "hospitality" and I never want to hear their players or fans sob stories about Katrina or Rita ever again

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I'm not trying to be that guy and put the coaches on the spot light, but by being so stringent and not willing to go to Baton Rouge where there was no threat of a hurricane it makes the coaches look like they weren't confident enough to beat LSU, and almost as if they were hoping this game would get canceled so we wouldn't lose

Let's get back to the swagger of the 06 and 08 teams who went to national championship games and just balled out. Ala matt elam knocking that OU receiver OUT

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

It's not a nightmare. It's been done before. It happens. We never even considered it because we are weak and afraid.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah Im not sure I agree with the heavy criticism here. I hate giving up the game, but it's not exactly like the Usce situation a year ago. That was decided on Wednesday of game week, days after the actual flooding. There have been several changes to the forecast of exactly where and when this would hit. As of last night, Gville was largely in the clear and Saturday was to be fine. Suddenly, it's in the cross hairs. From a logistics stand point, that's hard to plan given the I certainty.

Beyond that is the human element. These players would be flying out Friday, leaving behind home and family getting wrecked by the storm at that very moment. You could realistically have players suiting up to play Saturday morning completely clueless of whether or not their family was alive.

In addition, outside of that situation, I can't remember another game that was moved to an opponents home last minute. It was the exception. Certainly not the rule.

As for coming across as losers or scared, we have every right to play into one of our strengths. If we had a ton of time and knew it was going to be cancelled, I might buy that. As it is, I don't. Not perfect, but not the end of the world either.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not trying to be that guy and put the coaches on the spot light, but by being so stringent and not willing to go to Baton Rouge where there was no threat of a hurricane it makes the coaches look like they weren't confident enough to beat LSU, and almost as if they were hoping this game would get canceled so we wouldn't lose

Let's get back to the swagger of the 06 and 08 teams who went to national championship games and just balled out. Ala matt elam knocking that OU receiver OUT
It's the logistics. They would've had to fly out early today which would've been tough to make happen on such short notice. Then the issue becomes are they able to make it back. No one knows what condition any of the local airports will be in. Right call IMO.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@RossDellenger: Alleva: "All I could do was offer opportunities and plead and beg to make it happen." #LSU

He's a db and on the hotseat. Total "look at me" posturing intended to make another AD look bad and himself look like the attempted hero. Like Foley or not, that's a garbage quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator