Rainout? Rumor has it that UF vs LSU is cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
@RossDellenger: To repeat: Joe Alleva says Florida made no offer to #LSU to play a game on Nov. 19. Those conversations have not happened - at least not yet
Someone is wrong because Foley said he would love to play on the 19th and even mentioned how much it would cost to pay off our opponent on the schedule.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You guys realize there's more important things in life besides football games, right? I'm just hoping this storm doesn't kill more people. **** the game.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Some of you are making it sound like D-day. We travel to away games many times every year. You pack up the stuff, get on a plane, and go.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
You guys realize there's more important things in life besides football games, right? I'm just hoping this storm doesn't kill more people. **** the game.
That's basically what Finebaum kept saying to people... that and "you have no idea what the electricity situation alone will be like in Florida...

Sep 29, 2015
I'm not trying to be that guy and put the coaches on the spot light, but by being so stringent and not willing to go to Baton Rouge where there was no threat of a hurricane it makes the coaches look like they weren't confident enough to beat LSU, and almost as if they were hoping this game would get canceled so we wouldn't lose

Let's get back to the swagger of the 06 and 08 teams who went to national championship games and just balled out. Ala matt elam knocking that OU receiver OUT

Ahem <~~~~~~~~~~~~ Major Wright

Also that was a de facto home game at Dolphin Stadium. Otherwise, I would love to have that swagger back.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The game should be played regardless of weather. Even if the hurricane was directly over Gainesville.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ClayTravis: The irony of Louisiana’s senator demanding UF move game and citing Katrina is that LSU refused to move UT game after Katrina.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The game should be played regardless of weather. Even if the hurricane was directly over Gainesville.

Exactly, just tie up a gigantic blue tarp and someone bring a few Honda generators.

Some of these kids have families that are in mortal danger and 1/3 of the state may have no power for weeks.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not happy about how this decision making played out, but f*ck LSU and their "hospitality" and I never want to hear their players or fans sob stories about Katrina or Rita ever again
I was kinda thinking the same way. We all know lsu wasn't willing to give up a home game next year and that's why we ain't going up there.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My power's out for weeks, me and mu fam's crashing at lawgators house!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
On the positive side, this gives guys more time to heal up.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I see FSU @ Miami will still be played.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The impact in Gainesville is going to be minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator