Status
Not open for further replies.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gang I just don't see how this game cannot go without being played. Too much to do with the standings in the SEC E race. First thing I said was UT will be beeotchin' that if we win the SEC E with one loss and go to ATL. I think this game does happen and if the SEC says play it....Then Alleva, pack your corndogs and get your azz to G'ville.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think LSU wants to play it. Hey UF come play sunday. Three road games in a row. But no we (LSU) dont want to play on 11/19 cause that's three road games in a row. Sheesh.

TN G8R

Aug 24, 2016
I don't think LSU wants to play it. Hey UF come play sunday. Three road games in a row. But no we (LSU) dont want to play on 11/19 cause that's three road games in a row. Sheesh.

Yes, you are exactly right. They claim they don't want three road games in a row, but that means UF would have three. They're trying to make themselves look good but they're just making them look like fools.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I just don't understand why they couldn't just move the game to Sunday or even Monday if the need was there. Was the SEC against this idea?

I think this is a good question. In my opinion we should have tentatively scheduled the game for Sunday just in case the storm track kept it out over water.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
You have No idea how right you are. They can't stop talking about it up here. They beat us and are still worried as heck about us looming in the background. UF is like an obsession up here. Can't get the gators of their minds, ever. And yes, it's almost like they're conceding to losing at least two more games.
Yep, my office is in an uproar

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I think this is a good question. In my opinion we should have tentatively scheduled the game for Sunday just in case the storm track kept it out over water.
"I want our fans and everyone to know LSU made every attempt to try and play this game," Alleva said at a Thursday evening press conference. "We offered to go to Gainesville on Sunday, fly in Sunday morning and fly back Sunday night. We offered the opportunity for them to come here Saturday or Sunday."
Yes, you are exactly right. They claim they don't want three road games in a row, but that means UF would have three. They're trying to make themselves look good but they're just making them look like fools.
We had the hurricane not them. The onus was on us to go where ever to make the game up. They shouldn't lose a home game. It's pretty simple.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We had the hurricane not them. The onus was on us to go where ever to make the game up. They shouldn't lose a home game. It's pretty simple.
No worries, it won't be forgotten next time a natural disaster, or any other disaster, hits near LSU.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't understand why they couldn't just move the game to Sunday or even Monday if the need was there. Was the SEC against this idea?

I believe this has to go with contractual obligations, I know the NFL can't play games on Saturday unless the college season is over (Due to Congress and their antitrust standing). I'm wondering if having schools like Florida and LSU play on two traditionally NFL days plays into the NFL traditionally leaving the Sunday and Monday alone by the SEC and the powers who power the television and have contractual obligations with NFL ESPN/SEC Network.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Lets be rational about this (too much to ask I know) Fla is a clstrfck right now. Gas gone in most places,. Motels away from the coast are full and will be for days. Power out up to a million now. Gville is a safe place for many from the coast. The FB game is the least of the worries. Get a fckn grip.
Even when it is gone there is a HUGE mess to take care of. Play it later on,

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@TimBrando: Jeremy Foley exerted his control & power and Aleeva (not unexpectedly) does not get what he wants. A young Commish says it's Institutional.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What happens to our tickets? Does the UAA refund them?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seems like everything is Foleys fault.... again and again and again...

Can't blame him for retiring but when the new AD screws up will it still be Foley's fault?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
3o34LtN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.