Status
Not open for further replies.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Frangie is a Gator homer...Moscona is Tiger homer. The national media is taking LSU's side. Been listening to it. I hate Rome but because of commercials I switched to him...he was lambasting the SEC for not rescheduling the game in a timely manner.

It is hard for me to believe that the SEC commish would allow an outgoing AD to strong arm him. If that is the case... then Jeremy Foley is a better poker player than we all thought and he saved his team from having to play a road game making it more difficult to win the SEC East.

I think they should reschedule for the 19th and the SEC should make them do it, because a conference game is more important than a game against South Alabama. LSU plays 4 days after a football game either way, so they can manage or move the A&M game to the weekend.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, and you picked the story by the Tiger homer and are now talking about Rome blasting the SEC, not LSU or UF, so you're switching your narrative now?

The narrative is the same outside of the bubble of gainesville. Not sure what you're talking about.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The narrative is the same outside of the bubble of gainesville. Not sure what you're talking about.

So T REX you think we should have gone to LSU last minute and put the team at a competitive disadvantage while playing LSU on the road for 3 years in a row?

Or do you think they should have moved the game to Sunday without knowing what the impact of the storm would be and how much damage may have occurred to key areas in the state?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
So T REX you think we should have gone to LSU last minute and put the team at a competitive disadvantage while playing LSU on the road for 3 years in a row?

Or do you think they should have moved the game to Sunday without knowing what the impact of the storm would be and how much damage may have occurred to key areas in the state?

You do what you have to. Whether it's moving it back to Monday night or moving it to BR. Crap happens. You can't help the move if that's what needs to be done. Not doing anything is inexcusable.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You may see the game moved after all...

"Alleva disputed a report that LSU refused to play on that date and said he has not talked to anyone at Florida about the possibility.

"That's a flat out lie," Alleva said of the tweet from ESPN's Brett McMurphy. "It's a perfect example of terrible journalism. He didn't call me, he didn't call (LSU associate athletic director) Michael Bonnette. He tweeted out that garbage."

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You do what you have to. Whether it's moving it back to Monday night or moving it to BR. Crap happens. You can't help the move if that's what needs to be done. Not doing anything is inexcusable.

Did LSU say they would play Monday night? I heard they would play Sunday, but didn't hear anything about them saying they would play Monday night.

What if the storm had turned further west yesterday and did a ton of damage in the state... just have the game on Monday regardless...?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I have learned alot in this thread. I always knew Foley was powerful but I never knew he could create a cat 4 hurricane and cause half of the state to evacuate. Then he has the nerve to tell the SEC commish what to do. He had the airports closed and everything. I dont understand why he didnt just fly 86,000 fans and the team to another state right at the last minute. What a scumbag.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

A) You don't know that we won't do what has to be done. Your last post shows that we may very well work this out, albeit not on your time schedule.

B) You're still disregarding that there is no precedent for this, yet insisting that there's a timely obvious decision. I've waited 12 hours for an example and continue to get "people don't like us" and foot stomping.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Did LSU say they would play Monday night? I heard they would play Sunday, but didn't hear anything about them saying they would play Monday night.

What if the storm had turned further west yesterday and did a ton of damage in the state... just have the game on Monday regardless...?

I hear you. More reason to move it to BR. Yeah, that sucks but is it better to not play it at all? I feel like this is a circular argument at this point.

I hope they get the deal done on the Nov 19th. I hope everyone is safe and gets through the storm without any harm. I hope for world peace and the end of starvation. God bless you all!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
If we agree on Nov 19th, then South Alabama and Presbyterian can play each other. Problem solved?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope for world peace and the end of starvation. God bless you all!

... as Miss Louisianna answered in the last Miss America pageant:
" I wish for wars to stop, world hunger to cease and wish to know what
Miss Georgia's earrings looked like on me."

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hear you. More reason to move it to BR. Yeah, that sucks but is it better to not play it at all? I feel like this is a circular argument at this point.

I hope they get the deal done on the Nov 19th. I hope everyone is safe and gets through the storm without any harm. I hope for world peace and the end of starvation. God bless you all!

You are still missing the whole... it isn't really that easy to travel with a football team, coaches and staff right before a Category 4 Hurricane on last minute notice thing...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You are still missing the whole... it isn't really that easy to travel with a football team, coaches and staff right before a Category 4 Hurricane on last minute notice thing...

Thanks. That's my point. It should never have been last minute.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You realize the hurricane wasn't expected to influence gainesville until mid week right? They had no idea where this storm was really going on Sunday, and by Wednesday it looked as if it might cut right through the center of Florida.
The decision was made when it had to be made, get over it.
We were lucky enough that it was held off shore and did what it did as there could have been much more devastation from this storm.
Hell it's far weaker now and look what it's doing to St Aug and Jacksonville, and what it may very well do to Savanah and Hilton Head.

Btw, since you have a new hero in the LSU AD...look at this pussy complaining about having to play Georgia and Florida more than Bama. LSU's AD can go suck a nut.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
http://gridironnow.com/jeremy-foley-plays-sec-fiddle-florida-ad-hurricane-matthew/

"However, for Sankey to wait until Thursday to make a decision that was clear to everyone with air in their lungs — and without an agenda — on Tuesday, is inexcusable. It is easy to be the SEC commissioner and deliver a prepared speech at Media Days in July. It is easy to pass out big checks at the spring meetings in Destin. It is easy to sit in a suite and shake hands at athletic events around the league.

When a leader proves his mettle, however, is when he is faced with a tough choice knowing he can’t please everyone, but makes a decision and sticks to it. Sankey, faced with his first real turbulence in the seat he has occupied since June 2015, failed.

Instead of making a decision, he stalled. He folded as Foley strong-armed him throughout the week, delaying a final decision on when and where the Florida-LSU game would be played."

Congrats! You found an article out of Baton Rouge and posted on a Gator website in an effort to support an argument you've been losing since yesterday.

As the LSU homer you quoted says, "Slow Clap" ..........

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Congrats! You found an article out of Baton Rouge and posted on a Gator website in an effort to support an argument you've been losing since yesterday.

As the LSU homer you quoted says, "Slow Clap" ..........

The guy will go to any extreme to trash our staff, players, facilities and anything related to the gator program.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Are you from Florida? Do you understand how hurricane tracks and predictions work and how inaccurate they are? I feel like you don't have a good understanding of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.