Status
Not open for further replies.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: Well the SEC is saying the game has been postponed. Seems like LSU is the only one saying it won't be rescheduled.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The weekend of the sec championship game seems to be the best weekend

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@MattSmithCFB: So this could affect the SEC East race in Florida's favor. Gators win division if they win out (MIZZ, UGA, ARK, SC) and UT loses to A&M/ALA.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
A professional writer should know to spell "cancelled" correctly. He misses it every time.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Andy_Staples: If UF and/or LSU are in the hunt, do this. Buy out S. Ala and Presbyterian, have them play each other Nov. 19. UF-LSU on that day at Swamp.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
@MattSmithCFB: So this could affect the SEC East race in Florida's favor. Gators win division if they win out (MIZZ, UGA, ARK, SC) and UT loses to A&M/ALA.

I doubt they would let that happen. The game would have to be played.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GrahamHall_: #Gators AD Jeremy Foley will address media at 4:30 p.m. about #LSU game postponement

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Only way they make this up is to pay off the cupcakes. You can't play it after the SECCG, because both teams are still currently in the mix, and you can't exactly shuffle around other conference games, either.

Edit: Or if enough games are canceled/postponed (which there are sure to be several), they could bump the whole season back a week. Georgia Dome isn't being used the weekend after the SECCG.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We can't cancel the cupcake games. We need that to get bowl eligible.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Brooke_Tv20: RIGHT NOW: #LSUvsUF game POSTPONED. SEC Office will work to reschedule the game later in 2016 season if possible. #HurricaneMatthew

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@Andy_Staples: If UF and/or LSU are in the hunt, do this. Buy out S. Ala and Presbyterian, have them play each other Nov. 19. UF-LSU on that day at Swamp.

I know this idea has been thrown around a few times, so I may be reposting someone else's thoughts. But this is the same S Alabama that knocked off MissSt at the beginning of the year and just upset San Diego St. They're 3-2 and could be playing for bowl eligibility by then. I doubt they just take their paycheck and go home. Our cupcakes aren't the same.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Move WLOCP to 10/22, both UGA and UF open date, and host LSU at Swamp 10/29, which is the Corndogs open date. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator