Reason Grier transferred

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Like I said before. I will never wish harm to anyone, but I hope his damn dog dies! This way he will know how it feels of what could have been. This is the problem with this generation they want everything handed to them and not work for anything.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if this means Jeanne has more holes in her schedule

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt anyone is surprised by this, as soon as I heard they had a chat and it was announced he was leaving I figured that had to have been the reason.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It almost had to end this way.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It wasn't his stats, just the comfort of a QB that could see over the LOS, set his feet and throw, hit guys running open down the seem and didn't start running for no reason at all. If he decides to come back, I'm sure he could be the starter by the UGA game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It wasn't his stats, just the comfort of a QB that could see over the LOS, set his feet and throw, hit guys running open down the seem and didn't start running for no reason at all. If he decides to come back, I'm sure he could be the starter by the UGA game.

He looked comfortable against Missouri? How much comfort would have we seen against LSU, FSU, and Alabama? I'm not arguing he is a better fit for this offense than Harris. Do we really know what we have, people are acting like he is the second coming of Danny Wuerffell or Tim Tebow. He only played in 5 games.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
"So let's leave it alone, 'cause we can't see eye to eye.
There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy.
There's only you and me and we just disagree.
Ooo - ooo - ooohoo oh - oh - o-whoa"

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He was the best quarterback over 5 games? He played New Mexico (who cares), ECU (got pulled), UK (not great), UT (1 quarter), Ole Miss (1 half), and Missouri (looked bad).

Lets not pretend he was lighting the world on fire against the best defenses in the SEC. Ole Miss was the best team he played. He floundered against Missouri and UK, neither of which were great teams.

New Mexico 88.2% 2-0 164 yds qtr 208.1 (it's New Mexico)
ECU 58.8% 2-1 151 yds qtr 160.5 (Harris closed out the game)
UK 59.1% 0-1 125 yds qtr 97.7
UT 54.8% 2-1 283 yds qtr 122.3 (UT defense remembered they were UT)
Ole Miss 82.8% 4-0 271 yds qtr 206.8 (best game against a good opponent)
Missouri 60.6% 0-0 208 yds qtr 113.6

Grier is better than Harris, but he also didn't play against the best defenses our team went up against. We don't really know what we had in Grier, because we had just started to reach the part of the season where teams have tape on you, and can game plan against you. If a kid wants to leave because he is afraid of competition, that is the spot he himself in. That is on him.

I would bet douche dad had a hand in this too.
A couple of things alter the numbers that you listed. One is that during the first six games our offensive line was maybe the worst in pass protection of any major CFB line in history....They actually got better at pass protection at the end of the season. How much better would he have been with the extra 2 or 3 seconds that Harris got and did nothing with. Second at the time we played Mizzou their defense was probably one of the best in the country...Top ten for sure. Grier was the only one who did anything on offense despite running for his life, and several key first downs, during that game as well as most of the first 6 games.
Last and most importantly we all heard the thousands of witnesses about how wide open our receivers were in the FSU and Bama games....I think it would be more than safe to say we would have won the FSU game and quite possibly taken Bama to the wire without a gassed defense and hitting maybe 30% of the open receivers everybody saw. I'm also not sure we would have lost to LSU.....I guess my point is I would have taken a chance with bringing him back despite whatever was said(which we still don't know for sure).

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't meant to be. What ifs do nothing. Well, they do generate clicks but they don't change anything or make us feel better.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He totally screwed himself on a chance for redemption. Why not transfer after next year ? He's either really dumb or someone is giving him some bad advise.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
"So let's leave it alone, 'cause we can't see eye to eye.
There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy.
There's only you and me and we just disagree.
Ooo - ooo - ooohoo oh - oh - o-whoa"

Joe going a bit old school... Nice. And an appropriate perspective.

I don't think Grier was a proven commodity based on the short (and semi-weak) resume he built. But he showed plenty of reason to believe we found our QB. He's Gatorbait now, but he gave us a few memorable moments, especially vs ut and ol miss.

Hopefully, LDR and/or Franks will help us move on by September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A couple of things alter the numbers that you listed. One is that during the first six games our offensive line was maybe the worst in pass protection of any major CFB line in history....They actually got better at pass protection at the end of the season. How much better would he have been with the extra 2 or 3 seconds that Harris got and did nothing with. Second at the time we played Mizzou their defense was probably one of the best in the country...Top ten for sure. Grier was the only one who did anything on offense despite running for his life, and several key first downs, during that game as well as most of the first 6 games.
Last and most importantly we all heard the thousands of witnesses about how wide open our receivers were in the FSU and Bama games....I think it would be more than safe to say we would have won the FSU game and quite possibly taken Bama to the wire without a gassed defense and hitting maybe 30% of the open receivers everybody saw. I'm also not sure we would have lost to LSU.....I guess my point is I would have taken a chance with bringing him back despite whatever was said(which we still don't know for sure).

So he was running for his life against New Mexico, ECU, and Ole Miss? They were bad, but they were also healthy, which wasn't the case in the last few games of the season.

Assumptions you are currently making with this argument:
1. Defenses played Harris the same they played Grier. Teams focused on keeping Harris in the pocket (because was obviously a worse passer). So pass rush was secondary (extra 2-3 seconds behind a MASH unit line). He would have no decline in production when defenses had enough game tape (Like Missouri had the tape).

Would those same receivers have been open if the defense had to worry about a 10+ yard pass? Would the pass rush have been more attacking knowing a quarterback could make the throws, so getting to him would be more important. If that was the case that extra 2-3 seconds wouldn't have been there.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

The problem is the dumbass got suspended for a damn year and now the prima donna is transferring. Grier is a continuation of the scourge of Muschamp. Rotten to the core. I'm glad that bitch is gone.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Hopefully, LDR and/or Franks will help us move on by September.
Let's hope so because if we get the same caliber play from the QB position that we got the last half of the season we are looking at a 5-7 season at best...

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
"Grier, a redshirt freshman, led the SEC in completion percentage (65.8) and was 5-0 as a starter this season"
I'm not so sure I wouldn't have told him anything he wanted to hear.....Chances are with our QB situation he would have been the starter before the end of the year anyway.

Sure you would have told him anything he wanted to hear. Fortunately, Mac is not a lying scuzzbag. I'm 100% behind Mac, and Grier is gatorbait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator