Recruiting Recruiting Notebook: 6/13

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
There are also people on this board who would call for him to be fired with these results...

People? Like 1 or 2 whack jobs. I'm going to have to disagree. Three SEC Easts? Two SECs? One national title game appearance. Fired?

You'd have a much better argument about his start...19-15. That probably gets you fired at UF. The only thing it that is 2.5 years. There might be some people that lobbied to give him his 3 "full years". He went 10-4 in his 4th year and they ended up keeping him. It was a good decision. And he is killing it in recruiting.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
People? Like 1 or 2 whack jobs. I'm going to have to disagree. Three SEC Easts? Two SECs? One national title game appearance. Fired?

You'd have a much better argument about his start...19-15. That probably gets you fired at UF. The only thing it that is 2.5 years. There might be some people that lobbied to give him his 3 "full years". He went 10-4 in his 4th year and they ended up keeping him. It was a good decision. And he is killing it in recruiting.
Let's be honest. With a start like that, 90% of us would've been calling for his head.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dabo looks like Howdy Doody

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Jim Harbaugh...and I was on the record with that probably at least 15 months before Muschamp was canned.

Harbaugh was going to Michigan. There was nothing we could do to stop that. He wanted to coach where he played. End of story.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Have you seen this board? If you aren't winning a championship every year there are more than 1 or 2 nut jobs that complain. Some of our fellow Gators prefer to complain about everything and look for negatives...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Have you seen this board? If you aren't winning a championship every year there are more than 1 or 2 nut jobs that complain. Some of our fellow Gators prefer to complain about everything and look for negatives...

We haven't done dick since the naughts. I think there is a fine line. Competing for titles, SEC or natty, is where most of us want to be. Title or bust? I have NOT heard that on here. Maybe you are hearing what you want. And I am considered to be one of the most negative. I'm telling you that you are wrong. Right now, we're not competitive on the national stage. We won a crappy East that hasn't beat the SEC west in what SEVEN freaking years. Going to ATL is basically going to the sacrificial altar. I am pretty sure most of us would be excited to have that record over the last five years.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We haven't done dick since the naughts. I think there is a fine line. Competing for titles, SEC or natty, is where most of us want to be. Title or bust? I have NOT heard that on here. Maybe you are hearing what you want. And I am considered to be one of the most negative. I'm telling you that you are wrong. Right now, we're not competitive on the national stage. We won a crappy East that hasn't beat the SEC west in what SEVEN freaking years. Going to ATL is basically going to the sacrificial altar. I am pretty sure most of us would be excited to have that record over the last five years.

People would complain every year about why we didn't make it to the championship or why we lost the title. They would be going crazy over the onside kick and why we weren't prepared for it. I'm not saying everybody, but there are some that would find reasons to complain even with that record over 5 years. I guarantee there would be at least 3 or 4 people talking about why we failed instead of how great a record we had.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
People would complain every year about why we didn't make it to the championship or why we lost the title. They would be going crazy over the onside kick and why we weren't prepared for it. I'm not saying everybody, but there are some that would find reasons to complain even with that record over 5 years. I guarantee there would be at least 3 or 4 people talking about why we failed instead of how great a record we had.

3 or 4 whole people? Out of how many? Sorry dude but every team has its psychos. It would be a huge minority and not representative of our fanbase. Not even close. I'm considered one of the most negative and I am telling you I would be happy if that was our record.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
3 or 4 whole people? Out of how many? Sorry dude but every team has its psychos. It would be a huge minority and not representative of our fanbase. Not even close. I'm considered one of the most negative and I am telling you I would be happy if that was our record.

My original comment was "There are also people on this board who would call for him to be fired with these results..." - I never said the whole board or even the majority. I am glad you would be happy with those results...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
My original comment was "There are also people on this board who would call for him to be fired with these results..." - I never said the whole board or even the majority. I am glad you would be happy with those results...

My point is that there will ALWAYS be people complaining. But not always the same people. Your comment makes it sound like there's no merit at times for complaining and that just isn't true. The program is a shadow of itself right now. Hopefully, Mac gets it together.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My point is that there will ALWAYS be people complaining. But not always the same people. Your comment makes it sound like there's no merit at times for complaining and that just isn't true. The program is a shadow of itself right now. Hopefully, Mac gets it together.

The intent of my comment was not go say there is no merit for complaining at all. I have and will complain. My comment was more that some people on this board will only be happy with a championship.

I think Mac has the program headed in the right direction. I am worried about the recruiting and hopeful it will get better. I am worried about the defense after this year and optimistic about the offense.

Most of all... I am ready to see this team get on the field and play!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.