Recruiting update - Currently 19th

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You seem to know so much about the Clowns. I wonder why?

You suck clown dick in every thread.

SoberJohn

BANNED
Jul 3, 2015
You seem to know so much about the Clowns. I wonder why?

You suck clown dick in every thread.
It's called "thinking", an activity you're unfamiliar with. If you don't know what you're talking about, the result is raving about Newberry kids not going to UF because you don't have a clue why.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Everyone who is thinking we end up with a top 10 class is drinking the "orange & blue kool-aid" it's not happening! We'll do good to finish in the top 12 and that's IF we land some studs.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Everyone who is thinking we end up with a top 10 class is drinking the "orange & blue kool-aid" it's not happening! We'll do good to finish in the top 12 and that's IF we land some studs.
Couldn't agree more. I don't get everything thinking were going to flip a few 5* players. Mac will get excuses till he's fired it's a simple as that. But he's the worse recruiter we've had in 20 years. I go as far as to say he's the 2nd worse coach. Zook at least won a few games against top 25 teams. Mac has only 1 win against top 25 teams

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
So in terms of avg star rating, we are tied for 10th, with only 15 commits. Interesting.

Wins in both games would make recruiting really take off, of course losses in both could make matters worse.

I think we have a reasonable chance against FSU.
With the right coaching, we could against LSU, but I have a difficult time seeing them have a perfect game this weekend, because that's what it would take.
They are due for a letdown against a wounded UF. Stranger things have happened.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Couldn't agree more. I don't get everything thinking were going to flip a few 5* players. Mac will get excuses till he's fired it's a simple as that. But he's the worse recruiter we've had in 20 years. I go as far as to say he's the 2nd worse coach. Zook at least won a few games against top 25 teams. Mac has only 1 win against top 25 teams
Twenty years is only mid Spurrier. Butters is the worst I can remember and has landed the two worst classes since the recruit rankings began in the eighties. And it looks like he is about to land the second or third worst this year.

In any event, hes is the worst recruiter in 30-40 years atleast. He deserves the recognition he has earned.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So in terms of avg star rating, we are tied for 10th, with only 15 commits. Interesting.

Wins in both games would make recruiting really take off, of course losses in both could make matters worse.

I think we have a reasonable chance against FSU.
With the right coaching, we could against LSU, but I have a difficult time seeing them have a perfect game this weekend, because that's what it would take.

ESPN power index gives us about a 1% chance to beat LSU and FSU both so we have a chance I guess.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ESPN power index gives us about a 1% chance to beat LSU and FSU both so we have a chance I guess.

Not that I am positive we will win, but wasn't that the same UGA had to beat Auburn?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not that I am positive we will win, but wasn't that the same UGA had to beat Auburn?

No it was higher than that and Georgia really wasn't a big upset to me - the one thing Georgia has been able to do this season is contain the other teams running game for the most part. On defense that wasn't a bad matchup for them.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No it was higher than that and Georgia really wasn't a big upset to me - the one thing Georgia has been able to do this season is contain the other teams running game for the most part. On defense that wasn't a bad matchup for them.

I wasn't surprised, but ESPN power index isn't the best scale, they tend to show favoritism to certain teams and coaches. Right now they love them some FSU even though FSU is incredibly inconsistent.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Let's measure against the reality of who's out there to replace Mac, to set us at that backward of
confused jumble that total overhaul again brings. That's the swirling case that awaits us.
So, maybe Mac moves slower than we want ? Will his on-field product sooner than that
"new-coach" route begin to attract better recruits ?

Why not intersperse our gloom-doom thinking with a bit of forward-faith? We've got to get
better recruiters; we'll get them. Meanwhile, try enjoying backup Gator youngsters stirring
things up for us, in our favor? Go fightin' Gators, beat LSU.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Let's measure against the reality of who's out there to replace Mac, to set us at that backward of
confused jumble that total overhaul again brings. That's the swirling case that awaits us.
So, maybe Mac moves slower than we want ? Will his on-field product sooner than that

Why not intersperse our gloom-doom thinking with a bit of forward-faith? We've got to get
better recruiters; we'll get them. Meanwhile, try enjoying backup Gator youngsters stirring
The problem is, I see no improvement on the field or on the recruiting trail. If anyone has faith it'll improve, then it's simply blind faith as there is nothing to lead you to believe it.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015

This! :thumbup:

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Twenty years is only mid Spurrier. Butters is the worst I can remember and has landed the two worst classes since the recruit rankings began in the eighties. And it looks like he is about to land the second or third worst this year.

In any event, hes is the worst recruiter in 30-40 years atleast. He deserves the recognition he has earned.
Am I missing something? Has any UF reporter asked him, why is your staff so bad at recruiting, do you realize it is the lifeblood of the program and it will determine if you have any longevity in your chosen career path at a big program?

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is, I see no improvement on the field or on the recruiting trail. If anyone has faith it'll improve, then it's simply blind faith as there is nothing to lead you to believe it.
There is no doubt scheme is better than champs, way better. Problem is with Jimmys and Joes.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Each team gets 85 scholarships, right? Alabama already has 22 commits and Tennessee has 27! Those numbers don't seem to add up!

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't surprised, but ESPN power index isn't the best scale, they tend to show favoritism to certain teams and coaches. Right now they love them some FSU even though FSU is incredibly inconsistent.

True - I actually give us a chance to beat FSU unlike LSU.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't know how that can happen. Other than Leatherwood, we aren't even being mentioned by any of the bluechippers. Not even in the conversation. Not even for the Florida kids.

Apparently, just to torture myself, I went through the 247 top 100 because their site is easy to see each kid's top 5 with predictions. What I found what shockingly bad. We are 3% for Peoples, 69% for Jarez Parks, 73% for James Robinson. That's it. My god this staff is bad at recruiting. By far the worst since I became a fan in the 80's. Indefensible. But but but they recruit for need and it's really not that bad. We find gems and diamonds and bull freaking ****. Mac is winning with a defense he hasn't replenished. No Pumper can pump this mess into anything but what it truly is...bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator