Recruiting update - Currently 19th

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Your memory is failing failing you drastically. With Zook we were top5 every uear, but so were FSU and Tinerc. The worst year was 97 or so when we were in the 10 range depending on which one you read. You are correct though that two of our best classes were sans Zook, a fact that Zookophiles always forget.
Georgia always beat us in recruiting at least that is what they said

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Production/Stats-wise, no, it's not a good offense right now. But the potential is there for a good offense with a good qb by next year so, yes, right direction. If you want to ignore that we have the strongest set of skill position weapons since '08 - all Mac players by the way and all young - that's your choice.
Texas, OU, Bama, Houston, TAMU, OM, have young players starting on the OL, WR, RB and QB and none have the issues we have. Its because they have good offensive coaches. Bamas starting a FR QB, Soph RB and 3 FR-Soph OL and they're murdering teams. Houston has 3 FR-SOph on their OL and they beat LVille. Mac plays favorites. There's no way LDR looked better than Grier, Franks, Appleby or even trask. None. I look for Mac to start LDR and be fired the Monday after UGA next year. You want to see what a great coach does with talent? Watch Harbaugh vs us next year. Its going to be a beat down and all Mac will say is man that stadium was loud, its great to play in a big venue and its a learning experience for these guys.

Last edited:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Honestly, it's a message board, and a boring one at that right now with basically one voice: doom and gloom. I suffer no delusions that the outlook for Mac is likely anything but that, but it's fun to mix it up in here anyway. That said, if there's a positive to be found anywhere it's in the young skill positions and some of the young o-line (maybe more promise than production, but so too are the recruits whose decisions everyone hangs on and the blind faith you have in the new AD hiring the next Urban or SOS). You're telling me you can't find anything to look forward to or find positives in the stable of young 4* and 5* at wide-receiver (Callaway and Cleveland have already shown they can produce, the others look like a capable 3 and 4) and Scarlett and Perine in the backfield?

I'm not in wait till next year mode. This thread is about recruits, i.e. next year and beyond. I'm looking forward to watching tomorrow with a chance to win the East on the line (though who cares about that anymore, amirite?) even though I don't think we have much of a shot on the road. And win or lose tomorrow, I'll be looking forward to the chance to stomp the clowns.
Stricklin does worry me in that regard. He's never hired a HC in football

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I'm not very optimistic at this point. While other programs go shopping for the top of the line cars, Foley got us a used Ford Focus that got cheep gas mileage. Not a single big name program was fighting us for Mac and we payed like we were in a bidding war. My twitter feed is full of guys claiming that there is no way he could turn the program around in this amount of time and it will take him 4-6 years, but ignore the glaring hole in recruiting. We are becoming irrelevant more and more by the day and if we don't finish strong this class will be a disaster. No one expected national titles right off the bat, but improvement from year 1 to year 2 and better recruiting are not to much to ask for.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No neg here, ginger, just caught phrase idea "irrelevant more & more" = kinda like
getting more less. What sorta coaching accomplishment is that ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.